Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:54:41 AM
714356 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why April 4th?!!?!?! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why April 4th?!!?!?!  (Read 1863 times)
Neon Noodle
« on: February 16, 2003, 09:21:11 AM »

Okay - no big surprise that 'PHONE BOOTH' was pulled from theaters because of the D.C. sniper attacks last October. One would think this one would go straight to video, right? Wrong.

They now are releasing it on April 4th....April 4th, of all days!!! Seems to me like there's no good time for a movie about a sniper to come out....
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 09:45:18 AM »

What is the significance of April 4th? (Aside from being a Friday, that is.) Did something happen then that I'm not picking up on? If not, it's as good a day as any. I can think of at least three that would be worse...

Straight to video? Don't be insane:

Joel Schumacher.*
Larry Cohen.
Colin Farrell.
Incredibly popular with preview audiences.
Extra-short (eighty-minute) running time which means extra showings.

*Look, after "Batman & Robin" and "Bad Company," I don't understand how Schoomy finds work, let alone how he maintains any draw at the box office or influence with Hollywood suits--but he does. (Actually, I have an idea how he maintains influence with Hollywood suits, but it's not printable here.)
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2003, 12:20:21 PM »

I don't know about any of you guys, but I'm looking forward to this *dodges insults* maybe I'm willing to forgive Ol' Joel for his past just to see something that is related to  Larry Cohen in the theatre.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Foywonder
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2003, 01:09:20 PM »

Is April 4th like National Sniper Day or something?
Rev Darkstar
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2003, 04:30:42 PM »

Wasn't Martin Luther King killed on april 4th?
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2003, 05:22:44 PM »

April 6th is my grandpa's birthday.

Just thought I'd mention it.

lo!!!

Susan
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2003, 06:16:45 PM »

On april 4, 1877, a pianist performed in Philadelphia, and an audience heard the performance in New York. It was an important early demonstration of Alexander Graham Bell's new invention, the telephone.

Was that it Neon? Do I win a prize? :)

Neon Noodle
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2003, 06:53:17 PM »

That's a No-Prize Susan, but you got that history thing going on!
Rev Darkstar called it - that was the day James Earl Ray assassinated Martin Luther King.

I just was surprised that particular date was chosen to release 'PHONE BOOTH' after its postponement;  It's like saying it was pulled in October of 2002 because real life events were too close to home and it wouldn't sell, but let's wait 6 months and release it on the anniversary of MLK's death?

Not too well thought out, IMHO. Just random thoughts here....
Creepozoid
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2003, 07:24:22 PM »

Since it's a Friday, I'm sure other movies that involving mindless violence will be released that date as well.
MirthKitten
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2003, 11:18:42 PM »

We're missing the real tragedy here, which is that April 4th is the fourth anniversary of April Fool's Day 2003.  Snipery is not a laughing matter, people.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why April 4th?!!?!?! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.