Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:54:44 PM
714340 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Woman chased by fake alien . . . « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Woman chased by fake alien . . .  (Read 4501 times)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2003, 04:55:19 PM »

Good point on all counts andrew. Couldnt You see them trying to fool a Duke Nukem type character. However, until that happens, it is still fun to watch

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
D
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2003, 05:27:19 PM »

Say, have any of you heard about that show "Harassment"? It was meant to air on MTV, and staring that dumb guy from "That 70's Show". Well, from what I've managed to gather, it's not going to air. The first episode had a couple in Las Vagas leaving their hotel room for a while, and when they came back, they found a corpse in their bed. Now, this is where things get a bit sticky (as I have heard different outcomes to this)
1. They call the front desk, and several hotel guards and paramedics arrive shortly-only to accuse the couple of having something to do with the corpse's current condition.
2. There never was a phonecall, and several policemen kick down the seconds later, pulling guns on the couple.
I don't know which one happend, but I know this for a fact: after breaking down, that 70's guy walks out and annouces that the event was fake. They installed cameras in the rooms when they left, the corpse was fake, and the police were all actors. The couple, as one would think, failed to find the humor in this, and sued MTV for a unknown ammount. I think part of the suit is that they can;t air teh show, but again, I'm not sure.
Crazy world, huh?
D
Peter Johnson
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2003, 09:27:58 PM »

Well, certainly some of the people in modern media are hired actors -- Jerry Springer, for example, posts actual casting notices backstage at some of the auditions I've been on in the Denver and Santa Monica areas.
I only pop in and out here on this site periodically, and I will admit I've called Squishy some names once upon a time, something I'm not particularly proud of, but to me it's fairly obvious that the poor man gets off on causing conflict and making people lose their tempers.  I do apologise to him for things I've said before.  It's not as if he has nothing to say -- he does, and he seems very bright besides.  It just seems to me he's determined to be uncivil in his discourses with others because he seems to like the reactions it gets.  What a shame.  Doesn't make me want to talk to him.  I'm surprised that ASH, who does seem like a very nice fellow, rises to the bait so often.  Just stop responding to him when he's pointlessly and insultingly combative.  He has no manners.
Having said all that, what I come to this site for is fun.  I like talking about old films, bad films, and good films, and like to learn from others on the site re. things I've never heard of -- eg:  I doubt I ever would've seen a Dario Argento film without having my curiosity piqued by discussions here.  One of the things that keeps me from dropping in more often is having to wade through some of the Squishy-instigated insult-fests.  These I don't find enjoyable in the least.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I have quite enough conflict in Real Life to last me, well, a lifetime.  To encounter it here in a genre site is off-putting in the extreme.
Perhaps Mr. Squish could try to focus his input here on his admittedly vast knowledge of all things B-film & save the insults and political vitriol for rushlimbaugh.com or donrickles.org or some other chat board.  Just a thought . . .
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2003, 11:44:19 PM »

>Seriously though, when is this show on? It isnt listed anywhere on the Sci Fi
>channel's website.

It hasn't premiered yet.

My thoughts on the lawsuit; When I saw the first previews for this show, I thought it looked like a lawsuit waiting to happen. What happens if they pick someone with a weak heart and they have a heart attack as the result of these pranks? In the alien prank cited above (which I believe is the one SciFi has been showing ads for the last few days), they told the girl to get out of the car and run for her life. As it was night and out in the middle of nowhere, she could have easily tripped and broken her leg, or bashed her head on a rock. I could also see someone ending up with recurring nightmares as a result of one of these pranks.

Even if nothing bad happens as a result of a particular prank, if it happened to you, would you really want the entire world seeing you scream like a girl and/or peeing your pants so couch potatoes can laugh at you? And before you say you'd never fall for something like that, let's not forget that every prank isn't guaranteed to be of the sci-fi/horror variety, one of the ads shows a girl in a car being made to think that some psycho is chasing them.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2003, 12:31:29 AM »

Peter Johnson wrote:
 > Having said all that, what I come to this site for is fun.  I
> like talking about old films, bad films, and good films, and
> like to learn from others on the site

Good call, If I want conflict I'll go to my Dad's house for Thanksgiving
"Why don't you get a haircut?"  
"I'm bald Dad"

"Why don't you get a real job?"
"I'm a police officer Dad"

"You should move home to be closer to your mother and I"
"Well, gotta catch an early flight, thanks....bye"

Sorry, I was venting. Anyway, I've never had any problems with anyone here, differences of opinion, but that's the purpose of a message board, sharing opinions.That said, I will continue to post and read the posts here. I think the regular posters are unusually intelligent and knowlegeable on a variety of topics. Keep up the good work guys.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
C Reynolds
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2003, 12:11:57 PM »

These hidden camera shows really go too far when they start trying stunts that are designed to terrify or upset some innocent bystander. A hidden camera show that I really enjoyed recently was Trigger Happy TV, where the main guy would do bizarre things in front of the public and we would get to watch their baffled reactions.
    On the subject of the alien chasing the woman, if it happened to me my first thought would be that it was some drunken students trying to attack me or something, and I'd probably just run. I'd be pretty p**sed off to know that while I thought I'd been running away from a potential attacker, some TV guys had been having a good laugh at my expense. What would happen if I punched the guy in the alien suit and he got hurt? Could he try and sue me?
     These hidden camera shows have really got to give some thought to how they'd feel if something like this happened to them.
Flangepart

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2003, 03:11:44 PM »

CReynolds reiterates what Andrew said. If someone makes a threatening action , and his "Victiem" has a CCW (What we're trying to get here in Ohio, but our doofus Gov. keeps blocking),and uses his piece, i'd hate to be on THAT jury!
Reminds me of a "Hidden camera" show on, i think TLC, about the use of hidden survalience camers. One , that happened in England, involved an actor, who made a great long legged alien costume (Useing stilts), and he went out at night, and a friend taped the confrontation with the Constables. Weird. Anyone else see that?
But...yeah. Some day, someone will get hurt, that the fertilise will hit the ventilator for sure.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
JohnL

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2003, 12:37:37 AM »

>Some day, someone will get hurt, that the fertilise will hit the ventilator for sure.

You mean the fecal matter will hit the air circulating device? :)
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Woman chased by fake alien . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.