Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:29:39 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Damnation Alley « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Damnation Alley  (Read 2722 times)
Ed
« on: May 29, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »

Has anyone out there seen Damnation Alley with Jan-Michael Vincent and George Peppard?  It was made in 1977 and was supposed to be a big budget blockbuster movie but man it sucked ass.  It was so bad that it was funny!  Anyone else seen it?
Matt
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2001, 05:49:18 PM »

I saw it when it first came out! At the drive in as a matter of fact! I thought it was pretty good! alot of suspence!
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2001, 04:15:16 AM »

Extra-creamy cheese.

It's good to know that when the Bomb falls, even though New York City will be wiped off the face of the Earth, even while the rest of the North American continent swarms with giant scorpions and flesh-and-rubber-eating roaches, and the occasional midwestern tsunami (!!!), Albany will not only survive, but flourish into a whitebread trailer-community version of the Garden of Eden.

The acting reeks (turn George Peppard's disappearing accent into a drinking game!), the special effects--including stock footage from other pictures--are amazingly awful, worse than the average TV-level effects at the time, and worst of all, like "The Swarm," "Damnation Alley"s meandering script bears no resemblence to the far better novel on which it is based, save for one or two names.

What the hell was Dominique Sanda doing in this, anyway? (Inside joke: I want to see her sister, Dominique Gaira.)

Three good things about this lump of crud:
(1) Jerry Goldsmith score!
(2) The prophetic Landmaster: the "ultimate safety vehicle" which gets lousy gas milage and tips over easily, it's still one of the coolest fantasy rides in the movies of the 70s/80s, even if the promised firepower doesn't get a lot of use.
(3) It ends, eventually.

Directed by Jack Smight, who also gave us all "Airport 1975." Thanks again, ass.
Steve.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2001, 01:50:21 PM »

Damnation Alley (movie) is crud. That damned, constantly colour-changing sky is incredibly irritating, and the whole thing must surely have started life as a TV movie. Digression - Get hold of a CD by UK rock band HAWKWIND, called "Quark, Stangeness and Charm" - it includes a brilliant track "Damnation Alley", based on the novel, not the movie.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2001, 06:31:29 PM »

Is there no "bad" movie I have not seen? No wonder I am getting forgetful.  Yes, I saw this one as well, when it came out. Remember little about it. My forgetfullness must have been setting in about then.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Damnation Alley « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.