Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:32:29 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Lost Continent « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Lost Continent  (Read 3226 times)
Oddzilla
« on: August 01, 2003, 11:21:19 AM »

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1800302407&cf=info&intl=us
Saw this one years ago on late night television. I should slap myself for even remembering it. Horribly bad, but may be worthy of a review in your unique and hilarious style.

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 06:33:56 PM »

riffed the hell out of this hard bitter little knocker of a movie. And it was HILARIOUS, the movie itself is still pretty bad but it mains it less painfull.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2003, 08:39:53 AM »

There are two films with nearly the same names here.  One is "Lost Continent,"  which MST3K made famous as "the rock climbing movie."  

Then there is "The Lost Continent."  This film is a weird one made by Hammer.  Imagine a vast sargasso sea with hundreds of ships trapped.  Also imagine a society of people who live there and some very large crustaceans and tentacled beasts.  One awesomely funny plot point is how the natives get around.  They wear snowshoes and attach balloons to their bodies so they can walk on the seaweed surface.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 01:45:44 PM »

I was gonna ask which of the two you ment, also. The hammer flick has MUCH more pro acting...but the story is ripe for riffing....read agine what Andrew wrote...."Baloons over the Sargasso...a quin martin production!"

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:53:25 AM by Flangepart » Logged

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 02:05:29 PM »

Seen both of them. Prefer the "rock climbing" version myself.

scotpens
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 06:32:33 PM »

I prefer the 1968 Hammer picture myself.  It's totally weird but never boring. Best line is when the ship is trapped in the mat of seaweed and the captain says, "Now we go where the weed takes us."  Considering the trippy nature of this movie, maybe he didn't mean seaweed.
Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 08:56:13 AM »

I laughed my a$$ off at the MST3K version. Ya know, I bet they got the line 'Monkey Boy' for Sid Melton's character from BUCKAROO BANZI's Prof. Lizardo.
"Laugh-a while you can, Monkey-a boy!"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Lost Continent « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.