Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:39:01 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movie in the history of Hollywood « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Worst movie in the history of Hollywood  (Read 5203 times)
Mr. Muddang
« on: March 04, 2003, 01:30:59 PM »

"Enemy Mine"

about humans fighting with lizard-type aliens (just like in '50s poverty row SciF). Humans oppress aliens just because they don't like diversity. Aside from this irritating rubbish, the movie is so inept, i never had such a good laugh in many years, taking account it was intended as a "drama". A happy ending worthy of THE worst movie i've ever seen.

Enemy Mine is, basically, blaxploitation, but some blaxploitation movie are so funny you almost forgive them for being so filled with stupidity and amateurishness at their absolute. Enemy Mine, however, is VERY long, and it's as predictable as a video game. Good aliens, bad humans. Human meets alien. Human loves alien for being so "diverse". Evil humans exploit aliens. With our hero's help, aliens revolt and are taken out of bondage in their home planet. To make the story even more convenient, alien characters are played by blacks, while humans by whites.

... "a valueable lesson"
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. .
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 01:40:12 PM »

Well, maybe you should try "The Beast with a Million Eyes"

"Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should."

-Tom Servo

Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 01:56:28 PM »

If you think  "Enemy Mine" was the qworst movie in the histoory of Hollywood, you've got to get out more.  Or at least, spend more nights watching videos.

Nice email address, by the way

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 01:57:09 PM »

Crap, I just saw "Beast With A Million Eyes" on AMC the other night. I just haven't been able to capture the sheer awfulness of it in words to put here. So many questions:

1. Why'd the soundtrack even bother with the toy drum? Why didn't they just scrape nails on a chalkboard instead?
2. Why wasn't narration outlawed after this movie?
3. Is that the same lagoon used in "Terror From the Year 5000!" for the same exact "peeping handyman" scene?
4. Were we supposed to LIKE any of these horrible, vicious, stupid people?
Todd R.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 03:13:23 PM »

I haven't seen ENEMY MINE in a long time, but I own the Maurice Jarre score album and his music is absolutely wonderful. I also have the short story in a collection of stories that were made into films, but I haven't taken the time to read it yet.
slax
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2003, 03:48:15 PM »

I smell a troll
Scott
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2003, 04:24:45 PM »

Battlefield Earth (wanted to walk out of this)
Howard the Duck (only film I actually walked out on)
Ghost Bridgade (neat subject, bad execution)
West of Heaven, East of Hell (boring)
The Dead Hate the Living (the Fulci bumper sticker was the best part)
Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2003, 05:00:36 PM »

I smell a troll

Check the poster's email address

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
raj

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2003, 05:13:08 PM »

Not to mention:
War of the Roses
Air America
Death Head Virgin
akiratubo

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2003, 07:12:54 PM »

Enemy Mine can't decide what it wants to be.  Part of it tries to be hardcore sci-fi.  Then it tries to be buddy comedy.   Then it tries to be a children's movie.  Then it tries to be a taught actioner.  Then it tries to be uplifting.  I give it a B+ for effort but a D for execution.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Paquita

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2003, 09:49:26 PM »

But! I liked it! I really loved enemy mine when i was little! it was cool! they tried to make a house out of turtle shells! they ate gross things! there was a monster that tried to kill them! a MAN had a baby! the aliens talked funny!! i still watch it now when it comes on tv!!

i also liked howard the duck. i think i had a mini crush on howard too but im not too sure.

i never said i had good taste though.. the fact that i really liked them may only support that theyre horrible.

love colleen
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2003, 02:47:05 AM »

This is exactly why Paquita KICKS ASS!! I also like Enemy Mine. I watched this flick constanly when I was a kid, and while I haven't seen it in years, I may have to go rent it. The monster thing was pretty cool, and the man having the baby(years before Junior!!!). But what I especially liked was that the aline talked funny..hehhehh speech impediments are funny. Maybe it was because I was a kid, maybe because I wasn't looking for hidden subtext, but I thought it rocked.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Mr. Muddang
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2003, 06:14:53 AM »

Fearless Freep wrote:
> If you think  "Enemy Mine" was the qworst movie in the
> histoory of Hollywood, you've got to get out more.  Or at
> least, spend more nights watching videos.

C'mon.... A lizard MALE alien gives birth to a little bugger... And the dialogue was... simply beyond classification... I aggree I don't watch bad movies with an intent, which might mean there could be many worse movies there. However, I pick the ones with a "name". Enemy Mine had big pretentions and it's dazzling for me to know there are people who actually liked it (NOT as a bad movie).

I saw the movie on TV, coupled with another that I'm still trying to remember its name. The second one was closely competing with E.M. About a bunch of super-sexy teens getting around with a big mutant crocodile stalking and killing randomly.
Mr. Muddang
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2003, 06:17:00 AM »

you are a great source of inspiration, my friend

I think the movie you were talking about self-recommends itself. i'll check it soon.
tuck
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2003, 09:29:33 AM »

face off-it's f**king auwful and not in a good way.

gone in 60 seconds

save the last dance

what happened to classics like spontanius combustion and public enemy?

------------------------------------------------------
"dereks don't run!"

check out  www.de-fect.tk and  www.orangegoblin.com  for some good ass british music!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movie in the history of Hollywood « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.