Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:34:43 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movie in the history of Hollywood « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Worst movie in the history of Hollywood  (Read 5206 times)
Todd R.
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2003, 09:49:08 AM »

Still reading L. Ron's BATTLEFIELD EARTH novel. Pretty good so far. The movie was ridiculous trash.

Still watching the original GONE IN 60 SECONDS on DVD. Much better than the Cage remake so far.
slax
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2003, 01:19:59 PM »

"Check the poster's email address"

Yea I noticed that

and i'll echo luving enemy mine in my early youth
I once knew a guy in Jr. high no lie who looked just like louis gossett jr. does in the movie but without any make-up or effects

when I told him I had to rack his memory to remember the movie but when he realized what I was talking about he let out that little angry "growl" gossett would do to dennis quaid early in the film perfectly,cracked me up

I remember watching this on cable not too long ago and I dont know why but for some reason the ending was cut with Dennis Quaid being accepted in to Gossett's race or whatever

instead they just played the whole ending speech quaid gives whiles he being inducted but they just show landscapes of the planet they were stuck on the whole movie instead of him being inducted in to the race

dunno why but it was weird cause I specifically remembered the ending from my youth and when I got the dvd after that I was glad to find it was still intact and not the way it was when I saw it on cable
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2003, 03:28:33 PM »

The book's not so bad, about standard fair for good trashy science fiction (and I've read lots and lots and lots of good trashy science fiction).  Still, it's just too damn long.  I got exhausted half way through it, and haven't been able to pick it up in well over a year.
raj

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2003, 04:43:27 PM »

Well, male seahorses do give birth.  As for dialogue, checkout Showgirls (or don't.)  You know a movie is bad if gratuitous full frontal nudity can't save it.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2003, 07:22:38 PM »

Just recalling nights spent with such fare as "Robot Holocaust", "Deep Space" "Dead Space" "Blue Monkey" and many more too painful to remember, and thinking of them in comparison to "Enemy Mine"...amd shaking my head

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
BryceDavid
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2003, 10:59:36 PM »

Not to be pedantic here but wasn't ENEMY MINE a German movie? I know it was shot in Germany, and directed by Wolfgang Petersen. Anyway, I actually saw EM at the movies. I didn't care much for it, mostly because it was an unofficial remake of ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS, which I like a lot.

Anyway, ENEMY MINE is trite but hardly the worst movie ever made. Watch LEGEND OF LYLAH CLARE and by the time you'll see the dog food commercial at the end of the movie, your mind will go poof.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2003, 01:42:31 PM »

We always seem to forget RAISE THE TITANIC. One of the biggest critical and financial disasters in film history.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jim H
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2003, 02:31:37 AM »

I still enjoy this one.  I loved it as a kid though.  It is flawed, but quite enjoyable.  At least in my view.

WTF do you people keep saying a male gave birth?  It didn't.  Jerry was niether male or female.  Ok?
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movie in the history of Hollywood « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.