Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:23:23 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MST3K - Collection 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MST3K - Collection 2  (Read 2348 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: March 04, 2003, 06:52:40 PM »

The set finally arrived and it sure is nice to have these on DVD, but I was disappointed.  I could have sworn that, at least when I first heard about the set, the uncut versions of the movies were supposed to be on there (like they did with Collection 1).  No dice.  No DVD of "Pod People," nor "Ator."

That really, really sucks...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 06:56:42 PM »

Is it worth buying? I still prefer my Mst3k on VHS, and then hunting down copies of the original movie with original box art to add to my collection. I've thought about buying some DVD's, but didn't know if they were going to be everything I expected.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 08:28:12 PM »

Well, there are a few reviews over at Amazon.com; one mentions the lack of "non-MST" versions, but wow--Andrew, did you really want a "MST-free" version of "Pod People?" Brrrrr.

(My "Collection 1" is in the mail.)
Bubba
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 11:14:04 PM »

I for one think a non-MST3K version of "Pod People" would be great just to see what was cut out of that main show. Sometimes there's some really great stuff that didn't make it to MST3K. The dune buggy chase in "Mitchell," a scene with a drunk pool owner in "Eegah!," some truly filthy scenes of nudity cut out of "Final Justice."
As for an uncut version of "Cave Dwellers"...paradise!
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 11:19:59 PM »

Well, there are a few reviews over at Amazon.com; one mentions the lack of "non-MST" versions, but wow--Andrew, did you really want a "MST-free" version of "Pod People?" Brrrrr.

(My "Collection 1" is in the mail.)

Well, yeah.  I could never write a review for the movie after all the times I have seen the MST3K version, but just to see it unedited.  The film would probably put me to sleep in the second half though, because it does move a little slowly.

The first box set was pretty good.  Surprisingly, my favorite episode was "Catalina Caper."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2003, 11:28:03 PM »

After years of searching, I actually managed to track down an uncut copy of Pos People (under the title "The Unearthling"). Surprisingly little was cut out for the MST episode; the only scene of note that I can remember is one in which Trumpy assembling a jigsaw puzzle with his mind, plus one or two scenes of dialog. It was still cool to see, though; Pod People is my hands-down all-time favorite episode, and it was bizarre to not hear the quips. Andrew, if you want a copy, I'd be more than happy to work out a trade.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
I_Luv_Dolma
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2003, 01:15:06 AM »

what movies are included in the version? I love Prince of Space.my fav.

HA HA HA...HA. HA...HA
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2003, 03:15:29 AM »

I doubt Prince of Space will be seeing domestic release any time soon as that's one of the newer Sci Fi episodes.
I have an ever-growing collection of non MST'd movies, most recently Future War.  After seeing Cave Dwellers, I also found a copy of the first in the trilogy, Ator the Fighting Eagle, which is actually a good flick if you like sword and sandal stuff.  It's kinda like Beastmaster, but less coherent.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2003, 05:45:28 PM »

Could you post a list, or a link to a list of all the unMst3k'd movies you have? I too am constantly trying to build on my collection of original movies, and I'd like to see what I'm aiming for. Thanks.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Bubba
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2003, 07:51:21 PM »

Oh...that's disappointing.
Squishy
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2003, 04:09:33 PM »

I've finally gotten Collection One and have been LIKING IT VERY MUCH. When it was on the air (on Comedy Central), I would actually avoid the non-sci-fi/horror films (s***-for-brains); and yet, I am finding that, so far, "The Skydivers" is the one that required the most changes of underwear. (Seriously, I had to shut it down for thirty minutes watching the "quackquackquack" bit. I was hysterical. Haven't watched "Catalina Caper" yet. If it's funnier, Bog help me.)

I will be getting Collection Two soon, but I must confess I am not as happy with it already--not because of the lack of "non-MST" versions, but because of the redundant "Shorts" collections included in Collection Two (and scheduled for Collection Three).  These sub-collections contain shorts that are already on other Rhino MST3K DVDs. In fact, at least one short appears in Collection One. Unless the Shorts collections contain some new material, they're pure filler--making the second and third sets a lot less value for the buck.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MST3K - Collection 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.