Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:54:13 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Arthur on the big screen? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arthur on the big screen?  (Read 3838 times)
faerieofdeath
« on: June 03, 2001, 12:20:00 AM »

As I was reading one of the dearly departed Douglas Adams' books this afternoon, I noticed on the back page a mention of a possible Hitchiker movie.  Does anybody know if this actually exists?  And if so, is it any good?
There was also something about a Hitchiker tv series broadcast by the BBC.  Is there anywhere I can find a copy of this?  I'd like to see how they managed to capture the charm and humor of the series without having an invisible narrator commenting every few seconds.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2001, 01:36:42 AM »

I heard the same thing.  Mostly from the Onion interview with Douglas Adams they rereleased after he was "promoted to glory".  Seems he had spent the last couple of years working to get Hitchiker to the big screen.

But you don't know how worried I was when I saw the title of your post.  I had nightmares of them rereleasing ARTHUR 1 & 2, starring Dudley Moore.  How many times can you hear "Didn't we almost have it all?"  Caught between the moon and New York City?

The gap between crazy and insane:  A crazy guy will acost you on the street for money to try to get his kung-fu business off the ground.  The insane guy will show you his full chest tattoo of Liza Minelli taking a dump.  If he flexes his pecs it looks like she's wiggling her cheeks.

Blame George Carlin for this post.  I'm just a messenger.
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2001, 09:50:01 AM »

There was a BBC mini-series made in 81. It was ok.
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0081874
Steve.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2001, 01:01:26 PM »

The BBC series was pretty good, although there is a narrator (Peter Jones) it doesn't actually detract from the dialogue - the narration is in keeping with the humour.
Gerry
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2001, 02:00:45 PM »

The BBC series is terrific IMO and available both on VHS and DVD (I think).  I watch it religiously.
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2001, 11:53:51 AM »

Don't forget, Peter Jones did the narration for the radio show. He is perfect! The right kind of droll description for the insanity Douglas was describing..
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2001, 07:00:47 PM »

Yes, there was suppose to be (will be) a big screen version of "A
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." More information about the history of the movie can be found at Corona's Coming Attractions.
www.corona.bc.ca. Then click on "Text Browsers" and scroll down to the tile for a history of the film that will be or was to be. One of my favorite sites, next to this one, for telling what will be or what was to be. Enjoy
Gerry
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2001, 05:44:46 PM »

Popcorn has an article up with new info about the big screen version of Hitchhikers:

http://www.popcorn.co.uk/news/story.jhtml?id=48734

Thought some of you might be interested.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Arthur on the big screen? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.