Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:50:55 PM
714195 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Classic quotes « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Classic quotes  (Read 5609 times)
Mhulo
« on: June 03, 2001, 05:13:09 AM »

Hi,
I'm doing this tribute song to old b-movies (in general) and would like to have some tips on good quotes I could sample.
Scott
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2001, 10:09:39 AM »

From a dubbed version of the italian film TERROR RISES FROM THE TOMB.

"This is to fantastic, how can this happen in this day and age"

The word fantastic is correct, but in america the better word would have been "incredieble" because it would better describe the actors dis-belief he was expressing when he finds out about people rising from the grave.

When writing the song think in terms of odd, strange, bizarre, weird as opposed to scary, bloody. The word "scary" could be used, but only in a sarcasitic way, i suppose.

You could also focus on the production errors of low budget movies, but I don't think it would make an interesting song. Being technical isn't as entertaining.

Odd, Strange, Bizarre, Weird = Entertainment. Because you are expanded the mind with the unseen and unknown.
Scott
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2001, 10:13:32 AM »

The name of that italian film may have been titled "TERROR RISES FROM THE GRAVE". also you could put in the production mistakes in a song if you were looking for nostolgia type lyrics.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2001, 12:51:19 PM »

From Night of the Living Dead (original):

Reporter: Are they slow moving, Cheif?
Cheif: Yeah, they're dead, they're... all messed up. (the way he says this is hilarious)

Also, Criswell's opening speech from Plan 9 from Outer Space would probably work well.
Fritz
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2001, 06:29:57 PM »

'Kiss you prick, it's dripping down the stairs' - James Lorintz in Street Trash, classic.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2001, 06:44:57 PM »

If it is permissible and Andrew agrees, how about using some of the sound clips found at this site. There is certainly enough of them.
Andrew
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2001, 09:10:53 PM »

I certainly don't own any of the sound clips from movies here, so feel free to use them (Fair Use in mind) as you wish.  Screenwriters make people say the darndest things...

Andrew
Brian Ringler
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2001, 09:16:30 PM »

One of my favorites is from ROTLD,

"well it worked in the movie" - Frank
"you mean the movie lied" - Freddy
I know its probably not exact.

almost anything else from return of the living dead works also but that quote always makes me laugh.
Andrew
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2001, 09:31:05 PM »

Classic B-Movies?  How about Robot Monster?

Johnny: "I think you're just a big bully, picking on people smaller than you are!"

Ro-Man: "Now I will kill you."

Or anything with "progress" from Beast of Yucca Flats.

Andrew
Steve.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2001, 01:28:31 PM »

Plan 9 From Outer Space - Police Officer (Scratching his head with a loaded gun) "There's one thing for sure. He's dead, murdered. And someone's responsible."
Vermin Boy
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2001, 05:37:57 PM »

This is straying from the subject a bit, but I recall hearing a while back about a song by some obscure band where the lyrics were just the narration from Yucca Flats. Anyone know anything?
peter johnson
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2001, 07:34:43 PM »

"You're so bossy, you ought to be milked!" -- said by hero boy to pretty girl in ROBOT MONSTER.
This has to be one of the top 10 best/worst.  Also, every other line from any Ed Wood flick, especially Jailbait & Plan 9 --
Mhulo
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2001, 03:48:43 AM »

Great, thanks. I already had the Plan 9 prologue and the Robot Monster "Now I will kill you". They're fantastic.
Flangepart
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2001, 12:00:32 PM »

Don't forget "All you earthmen are idiots"!  Ever heard Man or Astroman? They do quote in their songs too. I love to put together crusing tapes with soundtrack cuts twixt songs....like, Link wray and Dick dale, with the bumpers from "Whats up, tiger lily?"
Mofo Rising
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2001, 01:11:05 AM »

Probably a little late, but I just remembered one of my favorites.

"If my head wasn't hurting so much I'd a sworn I was in heaven, heaven for guys who like big tits."
-Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Classic quotes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.