Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:00:28 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dawn of the Dead remake « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dawn of the Dead remake  (Read 4209 times)
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2003, 11:49:50 PM »

James Gunn is Ex-Troma.

But you all knew that didn't you.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2003, 03:15:25 AM »

I'm with jmc on this one.  If done right the remake could be pretty good. Don't know much about this director so I can't comment on him. Now James Gunn on the other hand.....this movie should be pretty bizarre. Who knows maybe everything will come together and we'll be putting this movie up there with other classic remakes like "The Thing."

*Lee then wakes up*

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2003, 02:43:38 PM »

Maybe this will be a double bill with the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, also coming soon.

Of course we hope the remakes will be well done, but you KNOW they won't. You know they'll play the material for laughs and try to be "ironic" about the whole thing. It'll be like the Brady Bunch movies with a horror theme. And it'll probably have an ending where the hero vanquishes the zombies while spouting movie-hero lines like "Check out time...motherf*cker".

However, someone mentioned paying to see Frankie Muniz' guts ripped out. I also would like to see that, but only if it was a documentry.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2003, 01:09:54 PM »

I think they should make a remake of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.

Not a remake of the ORIGINAL, but a remake of the REMAKE.

Then someone could remake the "remade remake," and then someone could remake THAT. So you could have a confusing stream of remakes and people could argue about which one was the best.

I would vote for whichever one had John Saxon in it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Todd R.
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2003, 01:18:02 PM »

And I'll vote for the remake with Wilford Brimley in it.
Damien
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2003, 03:43:51 PM »

jmc... Night of the Living Dead is a classic... but Dawn of the Dead is a masterpiece... (you could remake a classic, but you could never remake a masterpiece)
TJ
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2003, 04:13:56 AM »

the truly sad thing is that romero signed off the rights to these degenerates who are remaking DAWN...
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2003, 01:19:48 PM »

Romero's only good these days for influencing Misfits songs and videos, apparently. Although I haven't read the Dead Reckoning script, but I did read his RE script (and enjoyed it more than I enjoyed the actual movie), the guy seems to just be looney allowing somebody to remake his MASTERPIECE.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Bonehead XL
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2003, 12:43:13 AM »

Being the loyal zombie fan I am, maybe the curse that has so long haunted NOTLD 4 will jump on to this thing. There is the slight chance that they might just do this right and make a decent film of it, but that is a small chance seeing as how god-awful the NOTLD remake was.

But there is still hope for remakes yet. I just got back from the Willard remake... It was cool.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2003, 09:16:25 PM »

>Being the loyal zombie fan I am, maybe the curse that has so long haunted
>NOTLD 4 will jump on to this thing. There is the slight chance that they might just
>do this right and make a decent film of it, but that is a small chance seeing as
>how god-awful the NOTLD remake was.

Of course you realize that if this remake bombs, they'll use it as the justification for NOT making anymore 'Dead' films, and if it does well, they'll want any future 'Dead' films to copy its formula...
Skaboi
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2003, 12:10:13 PM »

Time For Some Commentary!!!!

Ok:

Our Heros: Upper Class of the 70s.  Livin the good life.

Zombies: Lower class.  Walking around their pointless life looking for something to eat.

Bikers: Middle class.  Not quite dead yet, but still degenerates compared to the upper class.  Breaks in the mall, makes way for the lower class which devours the middle and upper classes.

BAM!
yes
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2003, 01:15:58 PM »

Ok...  you folks are over reacting here a bit...  or at least reacting too quickly regarding the dotd remake...

I've been a "dead.." fan for years..and am looking forward to seeing what they do with this...  after all, making a new version doesn't take a way the old one...  look at it like this...  you've got this WONDERFUL cake, you love it, you can eat it as often as you want... and someone comes along and says..  'hey, you can have this cake too, and keep your old cake, and eat whichever one you like best'....  so, do you say, heck no, I don't want your stinking cake...  or do you check it out....??

anyway, snyder is an interesting guy...  can't reveal how i know about him, but trust me, this is an inside source...  i think you'll like what he does with it..  he's actually turned down several excellent directing opportunities because he felt that the script was compromised in some manner..

and, think of this aspect..  this guy is a VERY accomplished commercial director, you would be amazed at his "reel" of jobs, including budweiser, subaru, general motors, lexus, dodge, gatoraide, and the list goes on...  he could literally be working 365 days a year doing commercials (at about $20,000 per day), but has elected to do this film which will pay him NOTHING compared to the commercial jobs...   this should tell you that he's not in it for the money.........

go to www.believemedia.com, click on "directors" take a look at a couple of his commercials...

give him a chance before you give up on it.....
dan_I'm_the_man
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2003, 11:44:21 PM »

----*shakes with unflinching rage* Must....destroy...a**holes...who dare...to...mess...with.....Dawn.....*loads boomstick*---

Right behind you with my chainsword armed and heavy bolter loaded.

"DEATH TO THE HERETICS!!!!!!"

Sorry, been reading Warhammer 40K novels....
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dawn of the Dead remake « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.