Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:00:22 AM
714307 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most violent movie of all time « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Most violent movie of all time  (Read 8964 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 13, 2003, 04:58:53 PM »

What is the most violent movie of all time? I'm not necessarily talking about the bloodiest or the goriest or the one with the highest body count. I'm talking about a movie that is violent right to the core. A movie that has an overall "tone" of violence. Maybe it is "in your face" physical violence. Maybe it is a threat of violence. Maybe it is psychological violence. Maybe it is verbal violence. Who knows?

What is your opinion?

Many people have called THE WILD BUNCH one of the most violent movies of all time. I think they are referring not only to the on-screen killings, but also the overall "feel" of the movie. It is full of violent characters who live in violent surroundings. They all know that they are living lives that will ultimately lead to violent deaths.

Then there is I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE. Certainly not as graphic as many other movies of its type, but the overall tone of gloom and depression give it an extremely violent "feel."

THE WARRIORS was controversial because it caused gang fights and killings in many theaters that screened it. I find the violence in this movie to be more cartoonish than threatening, but the fact remains that it stirred up a lot of attention during its original theatrical run.

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT is another movie that falls into the "graphic violence plus overall violent tone" category.

Let's compile a list of some others . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
raj

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 05:19:58 PM »

Road Warrior
Death Race 2000
Damien
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 06:40:51 PM »

This is all depends on how you look at it... Evil Dead, The Thing, and Dead Calm were in your face with violence after the first 20 mins. But those movies are very different.
Scott
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 07:26:08 PM »

Natural Born Killers
Pulp Fiction
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2003, 07:54:47 PM »

Cannibal Ferox and Cannibal Holocaust are obviously pretty gritty.  Last House and I Spit are both definitely good examples, too.  I think Last House, although slightly less graphic in its overall depiction, is more effective at times because of the focusing on some of the small things, like the piece of Weasle's dick that Estelle spits into the pond and especially the closeup on Krug's face as he drools on Mari's cheek when he rapes her.  Nasty f**kin' stuff.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2003, 07:54:51 PM »

Some of my favorite movies with a violent "feel", although not an abundance of on screen violence are movies like "Night of the Hunter" and "Crossfire". They just had a kind of ominous-ness(is that a word?) about them throughout. And Night of the Hunter had some violent scenes , though not much gore.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
JP
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2003, 08:00:05 PM »

Scarface - I now have  a trigger lock on my chainsaw.
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2003, 08:25:21 PM »

A Clockwork Orange
Tetsuo
Dead Alive (aka Braindead)
Reservoir Dogs

Leave it to the best American, and one crazy Japanese directors to make the most violent movies. Tarantino is pretty much world renowned for his super-violent movies, and Kubrick-- well, Kubrick has the "ultra-violent."

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
yaddo42
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2003, 08:58:05 PM »

CUTTHROATS 9 - an extremely violent spaghetti western.

Any of the LONE WOLF AND CUB series of film, especially the later ones. Not just because of the body counts but the casual attitude toward violence and death. The trio of burrowing assassins, who kill anyone Ogami Itto and his son come in contact with to isolate them so they will be easier to kill, come to mind. SHOGUN ASSASSIN might qualify since it's the first two films edited together, mostly the fight scenes with a bare minimum of plot and characterization.

DEMONS 1 & 2 - Just because everyone is zombie bait, they barely even bother to give them names, and the hopelessness of the victims' situation. Trapped in a building (theater or apartment high-rise) with killer zombies who infect anyone they bite. They have no real way to get out, most of the people have no idea what caused the zombie outbreak, much less how to stop it or save themselves. New characters are only introduced to refresh the zombie bait supply, not to advance the plot any (the punk kids in the first film). The people in the basement gym in the second film don't even get real names; they are established early in the film only to be forgotten until it's time for a massacre in the garage.
Wacky Silly
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2003, 09:20:57 PM »

I think the most violent movies I've ever seen (using my untrustworthy memory) are
I Spit on Your Grave
Dawn of the Dead
Evil Dead Trilogy
Gangs of New York
Clockwork Orange

I'm sure there are others, but that's all I can remember
lonecorndog
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2003, 10:21:06 PM »

American History X. Though not violent through and through, the violence and the vibe of hate in the film gave it that "'tone' of violence" . . . The murder on the curb still pops unwelcome into my head now and then.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2003, 12:22:12 AM »

A kid near where I went to high school was actually put into critical condition when some local jock morons decided they didn't like him and wanted to try out that curb stomp thing.  Why is such violence never directed at the people who deserve it?

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2003, 01:46:05 AM »

Oh my god. 'curb stomping' is insane. I can't think of going through such an ordeal. No one deserves something like that. It boggles the mind that such wanton violence is going on in the world. its crazyness.

I think Riki-Oh: Story of ricky is pretty violent. But kind of over the top like Dead Alive almost. But still insanely gory.

Fantasy Mission Force isn't too bad, but seemed like a pretty violent one to me. Pretty much everyone but Jackie Chan and his girl get massacred at the end. Even the generals are 'left for dead' as it would be at the end.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2003, 01:52:36 AM »

> Fantasy Mission Force isn't too bad, but seemed like a pretty
> violent one to me. Pretty much everyone but Jackie Chan and
> his girl get massacred at the end. Even the generals are
> 'left for dead' as it would be at the end.

Yes, but it is what I like to call "hyper-action shooting" deaths.  Mostly little fireworks kicking up dust at people's feet, while they do full backflips in the air to reflect being shot.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Steve B
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2003, 02:05:06 AM »

I would have to say "The Care Bears Movie"....oh my god!!! those little creatures scare the livin' s**t out of me....all the violence they unleashed on the world...oh god!!! the humanity!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most violent movie of all time « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.