Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:03:21 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Call & response « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Call & response  (Read 1585 times)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 14, 2003, 08:00:12 PM »

The MSTicisms thread got me thinking... Am I the only one who, upon hearing certain phrases in certain intonations, MUST deliver the follow-up line from a movie/TV show/whatever?

I remember a couple of years ago, just after Mad Magazine cartoonist Don Martin died, I found a treasury of his stuff at a comic shop and decided to get it. When I brought it up to the counter, the cashier immediately looked at it and said "He's DAY-ead!" I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from blurting out "WRAPPED in PLAStic!" (Twin Peaks).

Some other ones I use regularly:

"Who are you?" "I'm Batman!"

"What day is it?" "It's Christmas Day, sir!"

"Chief!" "McCloud!"

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 08:54:32 PM »

Not a specific line, but often when someone offers me something by holding it out and saying its name (Like, "Soda?"), I'll look at at it and say "Yes, it is." Or if they ask me something like "What's HBO?", meaning what channel number is it, I'll reply "It's a premium cable channel that shows uncensored movies, but that's not important right now." Both from Airplane.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 09:00:55 PM »

yep, anytime someone blurts out "Stop", I'm compelled to follow up with "collaberate and listen". I never claimed to be witty.

I also use "I'm Batman" almost noone gets it. "I am Spartacus" also works if you say it many times in several different voices. and my absolute favorite.."They call me MISTER TIBBS!"

And although I usually need no prompiting line, when telling someone to do something or even to say something again, I say "Once more...wiv feeeewing"

I also use some Airplane lines. "....you can tell me, I'm a Doctor".."No, I've been nervous lots of times"

I am a sad, silly, wee, little man.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Paquita

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 11:43:28 PM »

Ever since I saw Gene Simmons say "Without the fans, we're NOTHING" I haven't been able to say "nothing" right since. He said it like  "nUthNg" like it was diarrheaed out of his mouth!! It was great! i made fun of it for months! but now im doomed! doomed to have the word nothing fall out of my mouth like fast wet poo! he probably didnt even say it that funny and ive mangled his words in my brain for my own entertainment!   and for a while when i would get really upset id talk like dexter from dexters lab but i really didnt mean to! and i didnt want to!  but i couldnt help it! and when i realized i was doing id get really embarrassed!  and god forbid anyone mentions the word "brains" when talking to me cos i turn into an idiot and say something like "live brains?!".

love! colleen
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2003, 11:48:44 PM »

Whenever someone yells out "stop!" I have a hard time not yelling back "IN THE NAAAAME OF LOVE!!" It's just too good not to.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 02:52:00 AM »

I also use "I'm Batman" almost noone gets it

My wife and I use that line...especially me...if someone's gets wacked really hard, especially in a sporting event.

It's based on a commercial where a football player gets clobbered and sits up and says "I'm Batman!"    So now if a receiver gets hit hard or a catcher gets run over at the plate..."I'm Batman`!"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Call & response « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.