Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:18:12 AM
714260 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A (hopefully) good find and a GREAT bad movie store.. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A (hopefully) good find and a GREAT bad movie store..  (Read 1772 times)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 14, 2003, 09:53:23 PM »

Hey guys, I just got back from my spring break vacation.  Took a trip out to Gatlinburg Tennessee with the woman and had a good time.  Anyways, the highlight of the trip was cruising in the car and finding the MECCA of all bad movie stores.  If anyone's in Tennessee or close by, please read on, it'll definitely be worth your while.

So this place is in a little strip mall in Pigeon Forge (I forget what the mall's called, but it has a gray exterior with blue lining), which is very close to Gatlinburg.  It's called Movies 4 Sale and it probably had around 4-5,000 movies.  We're talking probably about a thousand DVD's and the rest on VHS.  The cool part is, the VHS tapes are about $4.95 a piece, and some of them are even lower (around 2 bucks).  So I perused the place as quickly as possible (we were on a tight schedule, which sucked) and I was only able to snag one movie that I had been searching for.  It's called Hard Justice and it stars some dude named David Bradley.  Anyways, I've heard that it's pretty much a John Woo rip-off, and that almost always equals an instant buy with me.  Hopefully this one will turn out to be good.  Anyways, just figured I'd pass the info. along.  If anyone's near this place, go check it out, you'll be in heaven.

Nick
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 11:46:13 PM »

Are the tapes rentals, or are they ALL for sale? If they are all for sale, you WILL find that store's name and address for me ::manic laughing:: MOVIES!!!!!!!

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 12:04:12 AM »

Hey Scott, as far as I remember, they're ALL for sale.  In fact, I'm 99.9% sure of it.  All I remember is a crapload of VHS tapes that were all in white bins that went across the entire store.  This store had to have been at least 70-80 ft. long too.  Anyways, I've tried looking on Yahoo!, and this is all that I can come up with:

Movies 4 Sale
2655 Teaster Ln, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Phone: (865) 428-2600

You can try calling them and asking what strip mall they're in.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the mall for the life of me.  All that I remember is that it had a gray exterior with blue lining, and it had a Dickies store in it.  In fact, the mall says Dickies on it, along the far left.  That's all that I can remember.  However, Yahoo! says there's another store located in Sevierville, not too far from Pigeon Forge.  Here's the address for that one:

Movies 4 Sale
234 Collier Dr, Sevierville, TN 37862
Phone: (865) 908-6380

There you go.  I have no idea about this one, since I didn't get the chance to visit it.  But I'm telling you, the one in Pigeon Forge is a godsend.  Hope this helped a little.

Nick
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 02:48:03 PM »

Was the name of the mall called TANGER OUTLET CENTER? Did a quick run through google of the name of the stores you gave in Tennessee, and that was the first one to pop up. ????? Maybe???

Scottie

Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 02:52:25 PM »

BINGO!!!! Found a listing of stores in the Tanger Outlet ring, and there are a couple "Movies 4 ____" stores, including the ones you listed. The site lists what center they are in, and gives addresses. Here's the URL, cause I don't know how to activate the link.

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/Shopping_List.asp?business_category_ID=&business_id=&business_type_ID=&s_bsns_location_id=&s_bsns_srch_name=&Formbusiness_search_Page=2#business_search

ENJOY!!!!

Scottie

Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 03:29:29 PM »

Scott,

I believe that it was in the Belz Factory Outlet Mall, not Tanger.  Although there could definitely be a great store in Tanger from the looks of it.  But the store was definitely called Movies 4 Sale, and it was a goldmine from the 5 minutes that I got to spend there.  I'd check out the one at Tanger too, I'm sure it's just as good.  Either way, check 'em out.

Nick
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2003, 01:33:25 AM »

Damn I wish I lived in Tennesse. ME WANTS TO GO!!!!

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A (hopefully) good find and a GREAT bad movie store.. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.