Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:08:21 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Wizard (nintendo thriller) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Wizard (nintendo thriller)  (Read 2590 times)
Power Glove: user #48869
« on: June 07, 2001, 11:58:40 PM »

Has anybody seen the movie "The Wizard" with Fred Savage? Fred has to take his special (insane) brother, who has a superior nack for video gaming, across the USA so he can enter him in the Universal Studios/Nintendo "Super Mario Brothers 3" contest! It's hillarious if you used to own a nintendo, because there are scenes where they show you the "mysterious" power glove, and cutting edge games like "Ninja Turtles." :) It's a movie that will only get more ridiculous with age- i recommend it to everyone.
ASHTHECAT
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2001, 12:14:35 AM »

Ha ha!  I remember this one!  I bet Beau Bridges & Christian Slater are still trying to forget they starred in such an awful movie.  Avoid this one at all costs!
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2001, 12:46:13 AM »

Thriller?

Seriously, this was a great movie.  When it came out.  Everybody in the whole wide world had a Nintendo.  At least, everybody in my 10-year old world did.  This was the only movie with the guts enought to be a blatant commercial for the only thing that really mattered, video games.

Sure looking back it seems pretty silly.  Anybody who actually owned the Power Glove knows it was exactly unlike the movie.

"I love the Power Glove.  It's so. . . BAD!"
"Well you just keep your Power Gloves off her!"

And the kid was pretty geeky.
"Califooooooornia."

And the entirety of the plot was implausibly ridiculous, but hey. . .

Okay, maybe it does suck.
AstroCas
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2001, 03:36:13 AM »

check out this bad-ass webpage for the wizard...

http://www.geocities.com/jixby_phillips/wizard/

i thought this movie was f**king awesome when i first saw it. i caught what i like to refer to as 'the mighty duck syndrome' after watching it.

by the way, that kid was insane. he was autistic savants. which is strange - because this was the first time ive heard of a savants developing nintendo skills. they usually play the piano or something.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Wizard (nintendo thriller) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.