Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:46:27 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ...blood and guts and a whole lotta danger...okay, not a WHOLE lotta danger « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ...blood and guts and a whole lotta danger...okay, not a WHOLE lotta danger  (Read 3005 times)
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 18, 2003, 03:20:32 AM »

Well,dammit, looks like I'm the second reg from the board who is middle-east bound( You'll recall that BlackAngel left last month). I'm a DOD police officer and,lucky me, I'll be going to Kuwait on either March 28 or April 11. I'm really hoping it's April 11 because, dammit again, I just bought my netflix membership and I wanna see at least one of my crappy movies! I'm not sure which camp I'll be going to, but I hope it's warm and sandy, that'd be neat.

I completed a year long tour in Bosnia in January, and they had internet access on base and on the economy, so hopefully I'll be able continue to check in. Since I visit this site about 87 and 1 half times a day, it would suck if they didn't.

I just got the word tonight and I'm actually pretty excited because I enjoy working overseas. I actually asked for an overseas post, but I was really thinking Antigua!! WTF! I told my career planner that I wanted sunshine and sandy beaches...the bastard has a sick sense of humor.

Anyway, I only mention this because, even though I've never met any of you, I interact electronically with many of you everyday, and I like you all a great deal. I think you are, collectively, some of the funniest, most witty bastiches around. Having typed this far, it occurs to me this all could have waited about a week or so, but it's also St. Pat's, guess what I've been doing all day. Anyway, I still have from 1 to 3 weeks to enjoy this site and if they don't have internet access over there, I'll be back in a year and I'm sure(I hope) this board will still be here.

Okay, that's my contribution to the exceedingly long post trend. I'm gonna go shave my tongue and go to bed. Happy St. Pat's!

PS. You think netflix ships overseas?

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 05:27:31 AM »

Well, to amuse yourself about some of the stupid crap involved in this war effort to keep you laughing in Kuwait, go to www.mnftiu.cc.  Check out the gywo (Get Your War On) section.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Conrad
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 07:27:06 AM »

Well, come home safe.

A tip for working with your British allies - avoid drinking challenges.  Also, be aware that the words "bum", "fanny" and "fag" in American vernacular have totally different meanings in English slang.  

A tip for working with your Australian allies - all the above but more so.
Pancho
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 04:39:32 PM »

Stay safe bro.  I don't post often enough to make friends on the board and we never really talked to each other here either but you're one of the regulars that I have the most respect for and I always thought that we'd get along smashingly if we ever met.   Take care of yourself and come home safe buddy.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2003, 05:36:39 PM »

I'll be going to Kuwait...but I hope it's warm and sandy, that'd be neat.

What're the odds?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Funk, E.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2003, 08:47:30 PM »

Be safe... I don't think Net Flix will deliver to a war zone, but who knows. It might just take longer. I send things to me father via APO and it costs the same as domestic.
Paquita

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2003, 09:55:36 PM »

NOOOooo!!  you CANT go!  youre fun!!  if you break you legs will they send you back?!  if it gets tough BREAK YOUR LEGS!! breaking your legs and leaving early is just as good as not breaking your legs and staying the whole year! theyll heal in a year!  ill miss you!! be careful!  does it really have to be a whole year?  is there really gonna be blood and guts!? dont go!!

love colleen
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2003, 12:37:15 AM »

Conrad, I've had the opportunity to work with both the Royal Marines as well as Australian forces, on training exercises. It was truly a learning experience, both in the field and on liberty. The Royal Marines are definitely bad Mofo's, well trained and supremely disciplined. Great fun to train with and even more fun to party with, they all wanted to make a point of drinking the "Paddy" under the table, they won.

Thanks everyone, for the kind words. The subject title is possibly a tad misleading(intentional?....surely not). I'll be going to Kuwait in a purely Force Protection capacity, and will not be there as a combatant. In other words, in the rear..with the gear. As the whole region is swarming with highly motivated Marines and soldiers, I imagine my role will consist of directing traffic on Camp Doha, yup, I'm TJ friggin Hooker. So, no blood and guts, which is a good thing. And, since the base has been there for quite some time, I'm sure it will, through AAFES, and MWR, offer almost all the comforts of home. I never said I was Rambo.

Paquita, no leg breakage, I talk a lot of crap, but I'm a huge puss(don't tell anyone).

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Dunners
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2003, 01:27:41 AM »

If you have to dont hesitae to take out afew camel jocky sons of b***hes! Hope you bring us back bin Ladens head :D
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2003, 02:33:55 AM »

72 of the Marines from here left today.  I think that out of an original 170 or so, there are about 30 of us left behind.

Be safe Deej.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2003, 10:37:57 PM »

Thanks again guys for the support. And thanks Andrew for the help with the picture.Dunners, I'm not sure why you don't like camels, but if you like, I'll try to bag one. Mostly I'll be staying away from the cans.

Oddly enough, and speaking about the comforts of home, my dad called me today and he's also going to Kuwait, he's going as a maintenance contractor. You know, I'm almost 30 years old, I'm going to a country all the way across the world, next door to a war.....and I'll still be living with my folks!!!! What the hell????

DJ
Paquita

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2003, 11:02:04 PM »

so maybe its not combat dangerous but i bet theres bugs!!  as big as your head! stay out of the water! you might get.. i dunno diarrhea or river blindness or something awful! is there even any water there? are there toilets in kuwait?  be careful anyway! take pictures of the toilet!

love colleen
JohnL

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2003, 05:09:45 AM »

>I imagine my role will consist of directing traffic on Camp Doha

Considering the rate the Iraqis surrender at, you might be safer in the front lines! :)
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2003, 04:05:36 PM »

Deej(and all other members of the military) take care of yourself over there. Lookin forward to seeing more of your messages on the board when possible. Good luck buddy!

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2003, 05:35:14 PM »

Hey Deej,
Sorry I didnt read this sooner. Be safe and Be wise. If you can steal some gold a la 3 kings and split it with me. It sounds like you arent in too much risk and hey, u may even meet black angel. Well, just leavve a post when u get back, so that we know. Have fun defending liberty.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ...blood and guts and a whole lotta danger...okay, not a WHOLE lotta danger « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.