Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:40:05 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  (As seen on CHUD.com) Best Direct-to-video movie ever? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (As seen on CHUD.com) Best Direct-to-video movie ever?  (Read 1357 times)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 18, 2003, 03:01:20 PM »

Hey guys, I was looking over the message boards over at CHUD.com and a great thread came up under the DVD section.  It asked about what movie(s) is/are considered to be the best DTV movies ever.  Best, favorite, guilty pleasure.. it doesn't matter, list all of your favorites!

Drive - This one's a no-brainer.  Mark Dacascos in his best movie to date, and I seriously doubt that any other film he will do could touch this one.  Steve Wang should be given the go-ahead to direct the next superhero movie.  Budget or not, he'd make a good film, I'm positive of this.  And cast Dacascos while we're at it.  Guaranteed great movie right there.

Boondock Saints - Another great movie that more and more people are starting to hear of due to good word-of-mouth.  Inventive storytelling, cool shootouts, and funny as hell at some points.  It doesn't get much better than this.

American Yakuza - Not too much to say about this one, although it pleasantly surprised me when I saw it, due to the fact that I knew nothing about the film before going into it.  Simply an all-around great movie.

U.S. Seals 2 - Another diamond in the rough.  Crazy fight scenes propel this one.  A good guilty pleasure.

Blackjack - John Woo and Dolph Lundgren.  Need I say more?  

Bridge of Dragons - One of Dolph's best films to date.  An underrated, guilty pleasure.

Full Eclipse - A crazy werewolf movie with John Woo ripoff gunfights added for no reason.  A real pleasant surprise.

Hard Justice - Two great John Woo-esque gunfights make this movie extremely watchable and entertaining.  

A Better Way to Die - Another good John Woo ripoff.  Good gunfights and action.

That's all that I can really think of for now.  Was Surviving the Game, with Ice-T, Rutger Hauer, and Gary Busey DTV?  If so, throw that in there.  Anyways, let's hear your guys' picks.

Nick
Perk
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 12:30:11 AM »

I 'm not sure if Full Eclipse counts because I remember seeing it on HBO when it first premeirde.  It was an HBO original film i thinkThey made ahuge fiasco about it for months if I remember correctly.  Then a gain I was like 13 at the time

Well that was fun...in a f****in' sick, terrible, not at all fun kinda way.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 12:38:27 AM »

Surviving the Game was had a theatrical run. I'm not sure how well it did though, badly I think.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 04:12:43 AM »

I'm not 100% sure they were DTV, but I like both Guyver movies.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  (As seen on CHUD.com) Best Direct-to-video movie ever? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.