Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 10:31:23 PM
714145 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pointless Sequels « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Pointless Sequels  (Read 6297 times)
Stupid jacob
« on: June 08, 2001, 09:44:32 AM »

Sequels can kick ass as musch as the first (T2) or be just plain horrible (most sequels ever made). So I've decided to make a list of my least favorite sequels.

-American Werewolf in Paris (the sequel no asked for! what's the deal with the the whole eating hearts thing?)

-Batman and Robin (don't get me started)

-Rocky 2-whatever (some more lame sequels. jeez the was the point of these?)

-Fly 2 (long, stupid, boring.)

-Scream 2+3 ( 'course it's pretty hard to make a sequel to a movie that sucked monkey balls to start with)

-Blair Witch 2 ( i like the first one. it was different from all the other horror movies coming out at the same time. blair witch 2 was just like any other stupid hollywood horror movie. bastards)

-Nutty Professer 2 ( goog god! make it stop! for the love of god, move on)

Anywho, the future of sequels dosen't look too good. With flicks like Scary Movie 2 and Rocky 6 (i'm serious) in the works. Sigh, when will they learn?
Ringneck
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2001, 10:27:03 AM »

Anything after First Blood really sucked(in Alien Nation, set in teh 90's but filmed in the 80's, they showed a moive markee with Rambo VI!   Talk about natmarish visions and future distopias!).  I liked First Blood, it was sort of a take on the Vietnam War up  to the Tet Offensive(after whichs the VC were pretty much wiped out), and a good action movie.  Plus, unlike the next two I'm pretty sure Stalone had ntohing to do with FB's script.  Only redeeming qualities of Rambo II, and III was Richard Crenna whose Trautman character was just to cool.  

Planet of the Apes.  THe sequals were fun to watch but just got sillier right to the end.  Note, in Battle for the Planet of the Apes teh Gorillas short swords are actually WWI and WWII 16 inch blade bayonets, worth about $150 on todays market.  

Temple of Doom---Again, fun to watch, but lets just face facts

As for future bad sequals, I remember a flap awhile back about a second Easy Rider, a seq, NOT a remake.  I guess Billy or Captain America dont die but go into comas and wake up 30+ years into the future or something.
Nathan
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2001, 12:29:34 PM »

How could you possibly miss Highlander 2, winner for the most precipitous drop in quality between original and sequel?

Nathan
Steve.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2001, 01:52:43 PM »

They'll never bloody learn until people stop paying money to see them. One of the most pointless was surely Predator 2.
mr Raffles
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2001, 04:14:20 PM »

The Last Seduction 2 (do I need to explain?)
Scorned 2
Will
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2001, 05:07:37 PM »

Police Academy 6-8.  What a bizarre cosmos we live in when the quality of the franchise (such as it was) depends on the presence of Steve Guttenburg.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2001, 12:46:28 AM »

I remember hearing somewhere that the late, great Michael O'Donoghue (who made the early SNL and National Lampoon what they were) penned an Easy Rider sequel back in the 70s or 80s. It's a shame the only two O'Donoghue scripts to ever get made were Scrooged and Mr. Mike's Mondo Video (and hardly anyone's heard of the latter)...
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2001, 06:56:31 AM »

"Easy Rider 2" will unite the sons of the Nicholson and Fonda characters, searching for Nicholson's killer after they find out Fonda--in jail for the murder all these years--was framed. I kid you not.

Favorite Useless Sequel: "Beyond The Poseidon Adventure." Yow, talk about "been there, done that." It would be easier to list sequels that DIDN'T swallow.
Hero-man and Sidekick-boy
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2001, 12:04:20 PM »

Halloween 3
Jason goes to hell
the upcoming Jason X

They all sucked or are going to suck.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2001, 12:57:37 AM »

C'mon, you didn't like ROCKY III?

"Clubber Lang, what do you predict for this fight?"
"I predict pain."

Man, I love ROCKY III.  Of course, I'm a huge Mr. T fan.

Also, this is an interesting entry into the remake argument.  What do people think of Cronenberg's FLY remake?  I think it's one of the most disgusting and viscerally horrifying movies I've ever seen.  Useless remake of a classic?
Squishy
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2001, 07:03:37 AM »

Re: Cronenberg's "The Fly;" there is an exception to every rule, although this one's an exception to the "remake" rule, not the "sequel" rule. I like this version better. "The Fly II" had some effective moments, but generally it is NOT an exception to the "sequel" rule (sequels usually blow).

Coming soon to a theatre near you:

"He STILL Knows You're Alone"
"Proctologist of Chucky"
"Pearl Harbor 2001"
"Son of The Animal"
"Hard Rain II--Rain Harder"
"Showguys"
"Jason vs Robocop"
"Die Hard With A Walker"
"Basic Instinct II" (NOT!)
"Scream, Blackenstein, Scream"
"Alien Indigestion"
"The Flintstones: Bombed Back To The Stone Age"
"Godzilla vs Little Nicky"
"Dude, Where's My OTHER Car?"
"Afternoon of the Dead"
"Honey I Threw Up In The Carport"
"Jurassic Park III" (whoops)
mr Raffles
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2001, 06:00:58 PM »

get it though? the last seduction 2?? like it wasn't really the last seduction at all the first time.. Aww forget it
peter johnson
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2001, 06:05:48 PM »

I swear that Vermin Boy must share some of my brain on some disgusting level -- first Barnes & Barnes & Bonzos & now Mr. Mike!!
Cat Swim School!!  Cat Swim School!!
O'Donoghue was never exploited to his fullest -- I'm sure there are more than one unmade gem of a script lying about from this perverse intellect.  John Waters should direct -- it could save his rapidly collapsing career.
Alisa
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2001, 01:16:03 AM »

you also forgot to mention Alien 3 and Alien Resurection.....it makes me cringe to type those words
Alisa
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2001, 01:20:39 AM »

LoL...awww poor guy!....don't sweat it though...i got it
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pointless Sequels « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.