Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:19:15 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  It's official: War « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: It's official: War  (Read 6585 times)
lester1/2jr
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2003, 04:36:08 PM »

I like how both sides claim to be for the iraqi people.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2003, 04:46:31 PM »

Pete B6K wrote:

> And I don't remember Bush or Blair asking the people of their
> country whether they feel it right to go to war. Shows all
> the good 'democracy' does for us.

Uhm, if the people didnt agree, there wouldn't be a war Pete. I do believe that Parliament was in favor of the war. Also, these loud MINORITY of people who protest (a couple thousand people does not make a country) are silenced by the majority of unsure people and pro war people.

> "in England it is considered cmpletely acceptable to hate
> pakistani people, and look down on the poor"

I agree that this is the worst sentence ever made on this board... sorry Lester

> And as for the point of anti-semitism, this is also
> completely unacceptable. You may have mistaken hatred for the
> injustices perpetrated by the Israeli government
> and army against the people of Palestine for anti-semitism.
> It's the same thing as me being anti-bush and hating a lot of
> what the American government does, but I have no negative
> feelings towards the people of America. I could make an
> exception for you though.

Wow Pete, seems to me like you support the malicious corrupt Palestinian government and that therefore, you support terrorism. Hating Jews is the sin of being ignorant. Supporting Palestinian terrorists who want to drive out not only Israel but the Christians in Lebanon. Before you are so quick to judge, ask yourselves why no Arab nation has ever made a move to support the palestinians? If they wont support their own people, than why should you? Next time, think before you support Hamas, innocents die in every war. At least Israel is trying to take out militants, whats the point of bombing a university Pete??

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2003, 08:46:53 PM »

Now isn't that special!

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
peter johnson
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2003, 01:41:36 AM »

Actually, I think a great many expatriate Iraqis are saying the equivalent of "What took you so long?".  The same arguments re. civilian casualties could be applied to 1940's Germany -- please don't misconstrue that I'm somehow in favor of civilian casualties -- but still the Germans welcomed us as liberators.  No doubt a great many Iraqis will too.
Even if there was a concerted US-sponsored policy to get gas and bio agents into Iraqi hands,  it still wasn't polite of them to then go ahead and create the Al Anfil group, run by Saddam's cousins & in-laws, that is still ongoing and has to date killed over 60,000 Kurds with VX gas -- which doesn't seem to have been American supplied, as far as I read -- with an eye to using this same gas on Israel (Sources:  March 22, 2002 issue of The New Yorker & Jonathan C. Randel of Human Rights Watch).
It was as much of a mistake to not occupy Baghdad in 1991 as it was for the League of Nations to not occupy Berlin in 1918.  Both oversights have led to unpleasant consequences.  One thing that nobody here is giving as a reason for this war is perhaps the best one of all:  That the long-standing goal of the Baathist Party is a pan-Arabic superstate, with its capital in Baghdad.  This is not a good thing for a number of reasons, not the least of which would be the avowed extirpation of Israel and any other Jew that could be found.
Am I convinced this war is the best route to take?  No.  But neither am I convinced that it's a bad idea.  Some very bad ideas have been advanced, eg:  The suggestion that by abdicating and going into exile, Saddam would somehow neutralize the threat of the Baathist Party.  Germany under Rudolf Hess in 1940 would not have been a more mallable entity, neither is an Iraq with an active Baathist Party a desirable outcome for the present.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2003, 10:02:36 AM »

hahaha okay I take back what I said about the British racism and stuff. I really have no idea what I'm talking about.  You got me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  It's official: War « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.