Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:41:23 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Spirited away" got the best animation film oscar!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Spirited away" got the best animation film oscar!!  (Read 2711 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 24, 2003, 01:22:22 PM »

Greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaat!!!!! Woooooooohooooooooooo!!!!

I have already booked the zone 2 DVD, which is released in April the 2nd.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 03:53:06 PM »

Best of all, maybe the dumbf***s at Dizzy will put their version into countrywide release now.

"Nah--that'd make money. Let's re-release "Treasure Planet" with extra boring footage!"
Flangepart

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 06:31:21 PM »

Have you guys checked the ADV films website? They say some of their anime will be shown on the SCI-FI channel....wonder if i'll be able to FIND it!
Sci-fi channel....Dumb!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
peter johnson
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 01:51:00 AM »

They've already shown this twice at the Boulder Theatre, where you get to drink alcohol, and are showing it again tonight (Tuesday the 25th).  I'm taking my wife to see it for the first time.
I'm also collecting the manga for this, but at $10 a pop it's a bit much to get all at once.
PS:  I agree that this was a good win, especially when I read that "Lilo and Stitch" had all the lobbying behind it.
peter johnson
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2003, 04:33:47 AM »

I've heard alot of good things about this movie. To bad I missed it in the theatre. Hope to see it soon.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Paquita

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 01:48:29 AM »

YAY!! i saw that too! im so glad it was the first award cos i got to see it before the oscars got boring 3 seconds later and i put on cartoons!  i was so happy!!  its sucha sweet movie!! i really miss it! i cant wait for dvd so i can watch it all the time!

love colleen
J Perk
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2003, 10:29:06 AM »

I was scared when I heard it won.  At first I thought they said Spirit.  Now I see I was wrong and I am relieved.
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2003, 11:13:45 AM »

Our library is getting the "Spirited Away" manga. So, i may have a chance at the whole story. Make an intresting comparason.

Squishy
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2003, 05:56:08 AM »

Japan is far more gracious about Disney's treatment of "Spirited Away" than most Americans (self included) have been. From the IMDB:

"While numerous U.S. film critics have faulted the Walt Disney Co. for failing to give Japan's Oscar-winning animated feature 'Spirited Away' the same sort of marketing push it gave its own films last year, the country's second-largest newspaper has praised the studio's handling of the film. In an editorial appearing in today's (Wednesday) Asahi Shimbun (circulation 8.5 million), the newspaper commended Disney, which distributed the film in the U.S., for "allowing the originality and creativity of the work to come to the fore." It also noted that the film, the work of director Hayao Miyazaki, may have special significance during the current war duration, inasmuch as it tells the story of a young girl who learns how to coexist in a complex society of good and evil not through confrontation but through the power of love and wisdom. The editorial concludes: "It has been decided that 'Spirited Away,' which first entered U.S. distribution in limited release last autumn, will be screened again, this time at more theaters. We hope Bush will see it."
Flangepart

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2003, 01:32:23 PM »

Saw the promos for this one on T.V. Beauty! And, i'm #77 on the Library list for when they get the DVD. I'm content with that.

Squishy
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2003, 07:27:58 AM »

I'll be damned. Looks like it IS getting general release! Excellent! Disney had to have anticipated this...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Spirited away" got the best animation film oscar!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.