Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:06 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Highlander 5 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Highlander 5  (Read 1489 times)
The Honn
« on: March 25, 2003, 12:07:22 PM »

I know I dont post here too often but I found out lately that, apparently (important word) there are plans for "Highlander 5: The Source", with Lambert back as Connor (set before Endgame, although I see Endgame as seperate to the films) Timothy Dalton as the bad guy (I like) and possibly Sean Connery reprising his role as Ramirez.

Ive always been a believer in the theory that "there can be only one", I have seen all the Highlander sequels and hate them all though I do love the first one (maybe thats why I hate the sequels) but you never know, maybe they can get it right this time.....nah.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 01:39:46 PM »

While the Highlander geek deep down inside of me would love to believe this, are you serious about Connery possibly coming back?  For some reason, I just couldn't see Connery ever coming back to Highlander, unfortunately.  But maybe that's just the pessimist in me.  However, getting Timothy Dalton to come in as a bad guy would be cool as hell.  I've always thought that poor ol' Timothy got a bad rap ever since the collapse of Bond in the early 90s.  I don't think that he was a bad Bond at all, I actually thought he was quite good.  He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Anyways, back to Highlander.  Seeing Dalton and Connery in the same film would be surreal.  I'd be estatic if this ever plays out, but unfortunately, I doubt that it will.  Oh well, just as long as they get Lambert and Dalton, I'll be happy.  The fifth time's the charm, right?  

Nick
The Honn
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 07:08:07 PM »

I cant imagine Connery wanting to come back after the cinematic equivalent of having your arm ripped off then being beaten to death with the bloody end that was Highlander 2. But you never know, maybe with the right script.

As far as the Bond thing goes, Dalton is one of my favourites. He was the Bond from the books, cold and mean. And a VERY welcome break from Roger freakin' Moore. I hate Moore's Bond SO MUCH. SO much...
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 09:10:57 PM »

Dalton was such a wuss. It's almost cliche to say it at this point because almost everyone believes it, but Connery played the best Bond.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
fireal
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 04:45:21 AM »

SWEET JESUS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
~ President Merkin Muffley in "Dr. Strangelove"
Cool Tester
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2003, 11:54:38 AM »

Highlander 5:  There Can Be Only One More

Out of the movies, the only decent one was the first one.  I will admit that I liked the TV series.  I thought they did okay in terms of expanding the whole concept of being immortal, including immortal children and a secret society dedicated to watching immortals.  However, I think the thing needs to die (just like the Star Trek franchise, thanks to Enterprise).
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2003, 04:11:04 PM »

Connery was the best Bond, just because he was all kinds of cool. But, Dalton's portrayal was more faithful to the books. He was much more hardboiled and I could see him as a upper class type more easily than Connery. I thought he was a huge improval over Roger Moore, who always struck me as doddering old mudge. I would have liked to have seen more Dalton Bond movies.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Neon Noodle
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2003, 09:15:23 PM »

I wish I could take credit for this quote, but I can't:

"There can be only One. There  _should_ have been only One."

Not much else to say...
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2003, 09:19:27 PM »

My only problem with Moore as Bond was they kept him around too long.  He did not age as well as Connery

Watching a saggy-faced Bond flirt with a retirement-age Money Penny was just...wrong

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Squishy
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2003, 08:40:13 AM »

My favorite Moore moment: there is a close-up of Moore's eyes in a SCUBA mask in "For Your Eyes Only" that will give you nightmares. How can something be puffy AND wrinkled at the same time? Shriiiiiiiiiiiek
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Highlander 5 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.