Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:14 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Michael Moore and his "thank you speech": I'm not too shocked « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Michael Moore and his "thank you speech": I'm not too shocked  (Read 15121 times)
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2003, 03:34:21 PM »

Billy Jack movies...ALL of them...multiple times. I'm an idiot or a masochist(both?)

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2003, 03:44:23 PM »

Pete B6K wrote:
> I'm completely confused as to who these US political
> commentators/celebrities are. Al Franken? Alan Coombs? Rush
> Limbaugh? Sean Hannity? Michael "Savage" Weiner? Bill
> O'Reilly? George Will? Bob Dornan?

Al Franken is a comic actor/monologuist  who has performed on Saturday Night Live and in a few movies, his comedy tends toward the "Left",
Alan Coombs...not a clue, Limbaugh, Hannity,O'Reilly,George Will, are television commentators who tend to be more to the "Right". As for the others, again, no idea.
Al Franken is genuinely funny, and often insightful, O'Reilly kind of reminds me of my drunk uncle Pat, sometimes he makes sense, sometimes he's totally incomprehensible

Squishy wrote:
>
> Well, Chadzilla understood my comment. (Didn't expect
> Flangepart to, frankly.)
>
> Condescending, Detailed Explanation For The Sarcasm-Impared

How about a Condescending, Detailed Explanation For The Pedantically Impaired?

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2003, 03:47:30 PM »

Deej wrote:
>
> O'Reilly
> kind of reminds me of my drunk uncle Pat, sometimes he makes
> sense, sometimes he's totally incomprehensible
>
>

Now that is the truth!

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
peter johnson
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2003, 04:57:47 PM »

"I'll have you know I'm so crazy, I voted for Eisenhower --"
"I'll have YOU know I'm so crazy, I voted for Eisenhower TWICE!!"
                                                                           -- McMurphy/Cuckoo's Nest
Lest anyone forget, I APPEARED IN and HELPED PROMOTE ROBOC.H.I.C., which garnered the single most negative review of any other film Andrew has reviewed on this board, so I don't take MY idiocy lightly!!  So there . . .

Re.  Spinning the truth:  To cite just one example from Michael Moore, that even his fans cop to, he didn't really get that gun at the bank that he carries around in "Bowling for Columbine", though the film sure makes it look like he did, and he darn sure wants us to think that he did.  It isn't as cinematic to just be handed a coupon that he needs to take across town to a gunshop to get the gun, but that's the truth of what happened.  But even in a "documentary", it's sometimes more entertaining to fudge the truth a little.
peter johnson
Squishy
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2003, 05:01:28 PM »

Oh, Flangepart, I do read your replies...as long as at least three words out of every five are spelled correctly.

There was that ONE time I gave up because you kept getting the whole "you're/your" thing wrong and almost EVERYTHING was misspelled. That wasn't cowardice, Flange; the post simply wasn't worth the extreme effort of trying to translate. (Ask any teacher.)

When I asked you to proofread your own posts, you claimed I was being unfair and have been defensive about it ever since--ending the occasional message with "did I spell everything right, Squishy??" (Not even close, by the way. *wink*)  

Heh heh...Dano used to call me bitter, too. "Bitter little man." Heh heh heh. Remember him? He was the guy who said it was okay to call people "n*****" but became enraged when I used the word "redneck" (to refer to my own family). Afterwards, if I recall correctly, he regularly referred to me as a racist hypocrite. I don't think he ever accused me of having a God complex, though--that's fresh. (Translation: "You think you're so damn smart, just because you can spell on a third-grade level!!!")

Boob: "That man is a pompous ass!"
Jerk: "Well, this other guy's a pompous ass, too!"
Boob: "That other guy is my hero! You son of a b****!"
Jerk: "Hypocrite!"
Boob: "Bitter little creep!"
Jerk: "Teh sithej of uertick!"
Boob: "You pig-fuh...wha...what?"
Jerk: "Shut up! Just shut up!"
John Ashcroft: "Under the articles of 'Patriot Act III,' you are under arrest for engaging in the free exchange of opinion. Take them away, sergeant!"
Boob: "At least my pompous ass wasn't a fascist."
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2003, 05:54:20 PM »

Whatever, your lordship. May your corn beef not pickel correctly, oh ye of the endless ego.
Well, thats enough of all that. How do you feel about all this, Mr. Borntreger?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2003, 06:12:36 PM »

Okay folks, I think that this has completely disintegrated into little more than name-calling.  Please just let the argument go.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Creepozoid
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2003, 11:03:54 PM »

Hey Squish, when say "idiot" I am largely reffering to you.
Creepozoid
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2003, 11:05:10 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Mr. Borntreger in the military. You people may want to rethink about insulting him on his own board.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2003, 10:34:29 AM »

Yes, but at least it's creative namecalling.

("When we no longer feel free to call each other names, the French will already have won!")

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Creepozoid
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2003, 10:55:58 AM »

Where's the craetivity? All I've heard is "Republicans are mean." Whine whine, cry cry. Hannity's book has a lot more validity than the words of most of the people on this board.

Nathan Shumate wrote:
>
> Yes, but at least it's creative namecalling.
>
> ("When we no longer feel free to call each other names, the
> French will already have won!")
Chris K.
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2003, 01:45:25 PM »

Creepozoid wrote:
>
> Where's the craetivity? All I've heard is "Republicans are
> mean." Whine whine, cry cry. Hannity's book has a lot more
> validity than the words of most of the people on this board.

I have to disagree with Sean Hannity's book. It reads like his radio program; he whines and b***hes to get his point out there, but all he does is eliminate the important elements so his arguments can have "support". As for validity, I don't think that whining like a 4 year old just because some disagree with him is much validity. And for somebody who criticises the "Hollywood left" (I know I do), Hannity himself is a celebrity who is doing just what the "Hollywood left" is doing, with the exception of Hannity being more on the other side. As for Republicans and Democrats, I could care less for both sides and I can't wait for their next circus act.

As I said before, Hunter S. Thompson is a better read as his opinions are more interesting than that of Hannity; at least Thompson injects a nice flare of humor in his works, Hannity injects a sense of hatred and stupidity. Just my opinion, so as I also said before I might be in the minority when I say that.
jmc
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2003, 02:09:21 PM »

Hannity reminds me too much of Jay Leno.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy listening to many of these programs, and agree with a lot of what is said, but Hannity is one of my least favorites.  Same with Limbaugh...he's basically a mouthpiece for the White House, so he's all about the partisan stuff.  I like Savage better because he is willing to criticize Bush about some things.
Chris K.
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2003, 03:59:18 PM »

jmc wrote:
>
> Hannity reminds me too much of Jay Leno.  Don't get me wrong,
> I enjoy listening to many of these programs, and agree with a
> lot of what is said, but Hannity is one of my least
> favorites.  Same with Limbaugh...he's basically a mouthpiece
> for the White House, so he's all about the partisan stuff.  I
> like Savage better because he is willing to criticize Bush
> about some things.

Well, I could like Hannity more if he just wasn't too big of an ass (the same can be said for Limbaugh as well), had more of a likeable personality, and understood that people who disagree with him are not liberal Democrats, anti-Americans, or Communists. People, like Hannity and Limbaugh, who believe that's why some disagree with them show that they are most definately 4 year olds in adult bodies; you just can't reason with them. So, Hannity and Limbaugh can have their cake and continue to whine.
Squishy
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2003, 06:51:05 AM »

This post is unfortunately egocentric. I know it's not all about me, I just want to set the record straight...

Flangepart accused me of, among a list of things, cowardice--as if I tremble in sobbing fear of the awesome judgment of someone who cannot (or will not) spell. Sorry, guv'nor--not even if you were Danforth Q. with all his bodyguards and nannies. (Creepozoid's entitled to his opinion; his opinions speak for themselves. Thanks for clearing up your original statement, though, Creepoz, while trying to get your cheap shot in. Again: could not care less. Really, I tried to, but it just didn't work, so I gave up and watched "Halloween" again, which will be fondly hailed long after we're both humus.)

I made a sarcastic comment, and a fellow long-time poster--whose face and eyes have evidently been burning red with fury for months now over a piddling slight--took it to be serious, and subsequently a chance to gleefully express his "disappointment" in me a call me a s***head in EVER the most cutesy-poo fashion. I made another sarcastic comment explaning the original sarcasm--and calling his bluff--and the cheeks and eyes got even redder, and the rhetoric even nastier...and I set off the usual political fartstorm at the same time.

Oh, I'm not apologizing. If you're a Dittohead who "just listens for the entertainment value" or if you fantasize about Ann Coulter sticking her fist in your keister ;) after all the horrible things she's advocated, then I hope that when you die, you spend eternity listening to the "Checkers" speech, as read by Dubya, with Limbaugh sitting next to you making out with Coulter. Or, if reincarnation's the gig, you come back again and again as Dick Cheney. No, that's nasty. Okay...you come back again and again as Spiro Agnew. (I'd apologize to Andrew, but I've done it so often he should just save one as a file for regular reference.)

I'm perfectly comfortable with sparring and insults, but...honestly, some people are getting MASSIVELY p**sed off over differences of opinion with people whom the only thing they have in common with is..this board. (Look, I've done it in the past. In fact, I and one of the very first people I got into a long-term hissing contest with here are finding common ground lately. Go figure.) Okay, a few of you know each other, some of us have been posting for ages, and we have this whole little community thing going. But most of us are really just strangers to each other. Do you honestly give a rat's ass? Oh, God, I hope not. If you do, turn off your computer immediately, run outside, and get a life, Tim-Tim. Trade your insults and let it go.

It's cool if we can influence each other's opinions in some way, be it simple facts or p**sant sarcasm (hi!), and if Hitler shows up in somebody's head we can collectively show him the error of his ways, but don't go way (prances about with wrist limp) all pithed oth.

And Flange, if you want to deny me the joy I so obviously derive from taunting you, it's easy: IMPROVE YOUR SPELLING. (I mean, if you can.) It'll help you in life, and make you look smarter to whatever party you want to fornicate with. Hell, even that pathetic boob Bruce Tinsley would recommend it. (Improving your mind, not fornicating with him. Well, maybe. I don't know what he's into. Ducks?)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Michael Moore and his "thank you speech": I'm not too shocked « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.