Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:54:52 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Michael Moore and his "thank you speech": I'm not too shocked « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Michael Moore and his "thank you speech": I'm not too shocked  (Read 15122 times)
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2003, 07:34:38 PM »

Was Al Franken an original on SNL?

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2003, 07:38:32 PM »

Pete B6K wrote:
>
> I'm completely confused as to who these US political
> commentators/celebrities are. Al Franken? Alan Coombs? Rush
> Limbaugh? Sean Hannity? Michael "Savage" Weiner? Bill
> O'Reilly? George Will? Bob Dornan?
>

Al Franken is a comedian/commentator.  An alumni of SNL, he his most well know for his book Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot and his SNL skit 12 Step Stuart character, which was featured in Stuart Saves His Family.

Alan Colmes and Sean Hannity co-host a supposed debate program called, uh, Hannity & Colmes on the Fox News Channel.  Hannity and Colmes are both radio personalities as well.  Sean Hannity currently has a book out called Let Freedom Ring: Winning of the War of Liberty over Liberalism.  Anybody who disagrees with him is a liberal.  Personally I prefer Alan, he is a far nicer interviewer than Hannity, who interrupts and cuts off with disgusting regularity.  The show is mostly a shouting match.  www.seanhannity.com

Bill O' Reilly is a conservative leaning independent who, like H&C, hosts a Fox News Channel show, The O' Reilly Factor.  I am ashamed to say that, when I agree with him, O' Reilly speaks what I think almost to the letter.  But when I disagree with him, sheesh.  He's an attention monkey, completely in love with himself, but seems to have sense of humor about it.  www.billoreilly.com

Rush Limbaugh was the Right Wing Commentator that really jumped started the arena.  Proudly proclaiming to be right in excess of 90% of the time, he shocked many listeners when he announced that he was deaf.  It didn't shock many on the left though, he has been incapable of hearing them for years.  Nonetheless, surgery as restored his hearing and the man remains a somewhat entertaining windbag.  www.rushlimbaugh.com

Michael Savage hosts a radio program called The Savage Nation where he espouses his world view.  His vitrol is rather amazing.  I think his website is still www.thepaulreveresociety.com, or something like that.  He wrote a book as well.  Basically liberals have ruined America and God fearing American's need to rip it out of their slimy hands.

Those are the ones I know, at least.

>  
> And I just had a look at Ann Coulter's site. Eugh. It didn't
> take long at all to find out what a sickeningly racist and
> nationalistic b***h she is.
>

Oh yeah, that's my beloved Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS alright!

pantpant

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2003, 07:53:52 PM »

Colmes...D'oh! Sorry, should have doublchecked,Chadzilla. My bad!
oh...just came back from Jabootu. The M. Moore debate is still civil (Yea!), and found an intresting site.
 http://www.hardylaw.net/truth_about_bowling.html

Lists the lies and errors in Moore's Award winner.Check it out...if you dare;)

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2003, 08:02:38 PM »

I posted the link a tad bit earlier, glad you're back Flange.  Speaking of Jabootu, I so want to see Ken Begg drop by for this debate.  Man, that would be a show!

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
peter johnson
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2003, 11:09:59 PM »

Sigh . . .Well, we're all a bunch of happy drunks here, aren't we?  By that I mean we always DO seem to end up talking religion/politics/philosophy.  Sometimes this is really really great, but mostly I agree with the guy -- I'm not going to go back & check who, 'cause it's too Universal -- who said that these lines frequently degenerate here & end up with thin-skinned people getting too easily personally offended.  And, yes, I do consider myself guilty of both giving poo and being overly offended at receiving poo.  Let's be civil.
Having said that, I think there's a great article on Noam Chomsky in the most recent New Yorker magazine, from the point of view of a critical fan/student who has spent a lot of time with the man.  Even those of us -- me -- who find him questionable must salute this as a humanizing assessment of the man's work.
These days I want to find common ground, even with/especially with those I disagree with.
Michael Moore is first and foremost an entertainer.  He has some very good jokes, but when he or his fans start to hold him up as a sort of iconographic voice in the wilderness for Truth, I go on to something more interesting -- like lint.
On the other side, William F. Buckley Jr. managed to make great friends with folk from the far-far Left, even being asked to eulogise at their funerals by their families.  He was -- with a few grand exceptions (Gore Vidal) -- always able to give a civil forum to those he opposed.  We should learn to emulate him.
peter johnson
Chris K.
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2003, 11:18:35 PM »

Just would like to chime in and give my opinion on Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Rilley, and Savage, or as I would like to dub them "The Four Jackasses".

Chadzilla wrote:
>
> Alan Colmes and Sean Hannity co-host a supposed debate
> program called, uh, Hannity & Colmes on the Fox News
> Channel.  Hannity and Colmes are both radio personalities as
> well.  Sean Hannity currently has a book out called Let
> Freedom Ring: Winning of the War of Liberty over
> Liberalism
.  Anybody who disagrees with him is a
> liberal.  Personally I prefer Alan, he is a far nicer
> interviewer than Hannity, who interrupts and cuts off with
> disgusting regularity.  The show is mostly a shouting match.
> www.seanhannity.com

Yeah Chadzilla, to me Sean Hannity is really nothing but a typical Republican bully (i.e., You don't agree with him, then he calls you either a Communist, anti-American, etc. without putting any thought into his statements. Not that I really care for the Democrats either; I personally think both parties are nothing but a circus act.) and his book LET FREEDOM RING: WINNING OF THE WAR OF LIBERTY OVER LIBERALISM is typical of his attitude while his "facts" are quite questionable (at this moment, his book is in my garbage can where it should be). As for Alan Colmes, he's alright and certainly better than listing to dumbass Hannity b***h and moan just because somebody disagrees with him. Hannity is just a 4 year old in an older man's body, plain and simple.

> Rush Limbaugh was the Right Wing Commentator that really
> jumped started the arena.  Proudly proclaiming to be right in
> excess of 90% of the time, he shocked many listeners when he
> announced that he was deaf.  It didn't shock many on the left
> though, he has been incapable of hearing them for years.
> Nonetheless, surgery as restored his hearing and the man
> remains a somewhat entertaining windbag.  www.rushlimbaugh.com

Gotta agree, Limbaugh is still an entertaining windbag. Limbaugh is pretty much like Hannity, both in belief and attitude; you don't agree with him and you challenge his views, Limbaugh just shoves you back and hurls the insults (and despite the fact that he does get some dumb callers, he also has his share of intelligent ones that he still tears to part and never gives them much of a chance to explain their point). Still, he is fun to hear when he makes an ass out of himself. And, like with Hannity, his "facts" are still questionable to a degree, yet I like Limbaugh's persistance.

> Bill O' Reilly is a conservative leaning independent who,
> like H&C, hosts a Fox News Channel show, The O' Reilly
> Factor
.  I am ashamed to say that, when I agree with him,
> O' Reilly speaks what I think almost to the letter.  But when
> I disagree with him, sheesh.  He's an attention monkey,
> completely in love with himself, but seems to have sense of
> humor about it.  www.billoreilly.com

Bill O'Reilly is one guy that I just can't listen too. Sure I can listen to Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh because it's funny to hear their silly "statements" that make me laugh more than I had watching DEAD ALIVE. But I do agree; O'Rilley seems to be completely in love with himself and desires for attention. But then, I can also see Hannity being that way as well.

> Michael Savage hosts a radio program called The Savage
> Nation
where he espouses his world view.  His vitrol is
> rather amazing.  I think his website is still
> www.thepaulreveresociety.com, or something like that.  He
> wrote a book as well.  Basically liberals have ruined America
> and God fearing American's need to rip it out of their slimy
> hands.

Again, Michael Savage is one I can't listen too as he's more annoying than O'Rilley! Oh, and lets not forget the idiodical George Will and his bag full of "usless information" that he supplies to his readers.

All this said, can we now despense with the political themes of this subject. I think hearing about an opinion on Michael Moore's comments are more safer than choking each other to death via a "political" means. Let's just stick with the main subject.

And hey, the opinions of a man like Hunter S. Thompson are, at least to me, more appealing and interesting than "The Four Jackasses". But that's just me, so I might be in the minority when I say that.
Squishy
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2003, 05:46:35 AM »

Interesting: I don't quite get how pointing out O'Reilly's hypocrisy makes me a hypocrite myself...

Frankly, I was just hucking Flangepart's smartass, semi-literate reply:

"That said, do you realise that that simple emotional outburst is reminisant of the exchange between Peewee Herman and his nemisis in "Peewee's big adventure"? Come on ,man, be clever! I expect better of you....even thought i believe your political side is suffering a rectal crainal inversion, you can do better then channel Paul Rubens!"

...back in his face. There are a few people here who try to insult people in a coy fashion (the "oooh you're just an a**hole but don't worry I'll still let you be my friend" routine) , then act "hurt" when they get a more direct response; Flangepart has since suggested that he will avoid any similar confrontations in the future, and that's all right by me. He can use the time to work on his English skills. :D

Meanwhile, all the right-wing commentators I've listed--and subsequent posts by others have displayed sufficient research--are demostrated to be liars and phonies, while the majority of the arguments I've heard against Moore consist of this:

"He's obnoxious. And rude. Oh, and he's all wrong, according to ________ (right-wing commentator listed above). Left-wingers are such fools."

But most of the time, it's "Hes' loude an stoopid. He sux. You liberals sux."

So here we are at the hypocrisy paradox. Hypocrites proving hypocrisy by using hypocrisy. I see it all the time in politics, and it's always funny. Even when I'm involved!
Squishy
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2003, 05:50:25 AM »

Ah, my own proofreading lacks. It should read:

"Meanwhile, all the right-wing commentators I've listed...are EASILY DEMONSTRATED  to be liars and phonies AND SOMETIMES WORSE."
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2003, 07:50:35 AM »

On Limbaugh's deafness, I think the Onion said it best:

"Limbaugh's love affair with own voice comes to sad end."

Oh, and I agree that Hunter S. Thompson beats all those listed above. My favorite line from his commentary track on the new Fear & Loathing DVD (recorded a few months ago):

Interviewer: So, Hunter, do you have any parting words for today's youth of America?

Hunter: (pause) You poor bastards. You poor little bastards.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Squishy
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2003, 09:17:16 AM »

Special for Chadzilla:

Regarding your Ann Coulter...fetish...(does the Mrs. know?), here's a place to seek help. Look for "Her Fans Speak Out" in the left-hand column to hear from other lost souls similarly afflicted...

And the conservative site National Review also sings her praises. (Best read to the tune of Bernard Hermann's "Psycho" theme.)

"Well, at least we don't have to worry about sex scandals in the White House anymore."
--Squishy, watching the bombs fall and the debt rise
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2003, 11:30:42 AM »

Squishy, when it comes to semi-literate,smartass replys, i could never compare to you. I would not dream of trying. You da bomb.
Oh, and for a man who's too cowardly to read a response to one of his magic missles, because i'm imperfect in my spelling...my, my my....how your God complex hath grown.
Guess i shoud realy hate you, and express it like you do to me.
But...why waste my time? I have a life, such as it is. And it no longer has the bitter anger in it, that your life has. Your a spolied child, who wants attention at any cost. Your this boards answer to Michael Moore.
What a waste of talent.......

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Creepozoid
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2003, 12:28:07 PM »

There are some real idiots on this board.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2003, 01:04:01 PM »

Thanks for the link, much appreciated...my favorite laugh out loud quote is what poor old Alan Colmes had to say as an introduction...

ALAN COLMES, HOST: Tonight on HANNITY & COLMES, more apologies from Trent Lott. Will he every be able to put it all behind him? We'll ask Al Sharpton, Ann Coulter and Pat Buchanan.[/b]

Alan, I hope the checks are large.  Real large.

"IT'S A MADHOUSE!  A MAAAAAAAAAADHOUSE!"

Squishy wrote:
>
> Special for Chadzilla:
>
> Regarding your Ann Coulter...fetish...(does the Mrs. know?),
> here's a place to seek
> help. Look for "Her Fans Speak Out" in the left-hand column
> to hear from other lost souls similarly afflicted...
>
>

She doesn't want to hear about it, especially after I pleaded with her to tape a photograph of Ann over her face.  snerk, heh-heh

And bravo to the National Review for dropping Coulter.  I think this quote sums it up quite nicely,

And, finally, what CONSERVATIVE publication would continue to publish a writer who doesn't even know the meaning of the word "censorship"?

So let me be clear: We did not "fire" Ann for what she wrote, even though it was poorly written and sloppy. We ended the relationship because she behaved with a total lack of professionalism, friendship, and loyalty.

Okay, so you didn't exactly disagree with her statement, just the way she worded them?  And yes, Coulter's writing is rather shrill

What's Ann's take on all this? Well, she told the Washington Post yesterday that she loves it, because she's gotten lots of great publicity. That pretty much sums Ann up.

On the Sean Hannity show yesterday, however, apparently embarrassed by her admission to the Post, she actually tried to deny that she has sought publicity in this whole matter. Well, then, Ann, why did you complain of being "censored" on national TV? Why did you brag to the Post about all the PR?

Listening to Ann legalistically dodge around trying to explain all this would have made Bill Clinton blush.

Comparing my Ilsa to BILL CLINTON?  Bonus bash points, woo-hoo!

Ann also told the Post that we only paid her $5 a month for her work (would that it were so!). Either this is a deliberate lie, or Ann needs to call her accountant because someone's been skimming her checks.

FIVE bucks a column???  Sorry, I won't buy THAT for a dollar!

Many readers have asked, why did we run the original column in which Ann declared we should "invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity" — if we didn't like it?

Yeah, why did you run it if it was so poorly written?

Well, to be honest, it was a mistake. It stemmed from the fact this was a supposedly pre-edited syndicated column, coming in when NRO was operating with one phone line and in general chaos. Our bad.

Your bad all right.  Sheesh.  And that one phone line jazz?  Sorry, you got egg on you face, call it egg and be done with it.

Nice great dig at neo-con Horowitz's Front Page Magazine at the end there as well.

And yes my Ilsa, DNA is nothing but a liberal fabrication meant to unleash murderers and rapists to better manage the population of the meak through fear.  Just like AIDS was created to kill a select number minorities and sexual deviants, this despite there being no proven genetic markers for such that the pesky virus could find, d'oh!

Chadzilla
Creepozoid
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2003, 01:16:38 PM »

The Burgomaster wrote:
>
> Moore and the rest of those Hollywood idiots are hypocrites.
>
> Moore got money and an Oscar for exploiting the name
> COLUMBINE, which represents one of the most shocking
> tragedies in this country's history.
>
> Many other Hollywood do-gooders have (or will) be paid
> HANDSOMELY for writing, directing or starring in movies about
> wars (real or imaginary). If they are truly anti-war, they
> should boycott the making of movies that either glorify war
> or depict its horrors.
>
> Remember, these are all people who thrive on being on stage,
> on camera, or otherwise the centers of attention. They will
> say ANYTHING to draw more attention to themselves.
>
> I simply say, SHADDAP!
>
> *
> *
> *
> *
>
Finally someone who makes sense.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2003, 01:22:04 PM »

The fact that I watched Feardotcom last just proves it.

Chadzilla
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Michael Moore and his "thank you speech": I'm not too shocked « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.