Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:40:23 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone Here Have A Celebrity Autograph? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Anyone Here Have A Celebrity Autograph?  (Read 7956 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: March 25, 2003, 11:51:06 AM »

I was curious.....

Have any of you met a movie celebrity and did you get and still have their autograph(s)?

Or how about music stars?

I've only met the members of the band "Autograph" and I got the "Econoline Crush" guitar player's signature.
I saw them open for Kiss.

No movie stars for me though.

We don't get too many of them here in Iowa.

Post Edited (03-31-03 08:12)
Bernie
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 12:14:57 PM »

I have a book of song lyrics signed by Lou Reed.  I have an early book of her poetry signed by Patti Smith.  I have Bob Weir's autograph on a children's book he helped design.  My wife has Mick Fleetwood's autograph.  I have a signed copy of Christy Canyon's autobiography.  And I have Kevin Murphy's autograph on a very battered copy of the the MST Amazing Colossal Episode Guide.

Odd collection, huh?
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 01:20:36 PM »

I met Dennis Farina, Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince..., and The gay guy from NYPD Blue, they came to Bosnia as part of a USO thing. It was cool to meet Dennis Farina, I've been a fan since Crime Story, he's a big bastard too.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 01:22:06 PM »

I got his autograph when he came to town on his book signing tour!  He's as cool in real life as he is in his movies!
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. - An Angry American
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2003, 01:25:19 PM »

I have some autographs from old western stars: IronEyes Cody, Monte Hale, Yakima Kanut (stunt man), Lash LaRue, Pat Butram, Pat O'Brien, Etc. Of cousre, I was about 10 years old when I ghot them. It was at a Nostalgic Film Festival
jmc
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2003, 02:39:48 PM »

I have a signed Crispin Glover book, but it was something I purchased, I didn't actually meet him.   I also have a John Waters book, same deal.....
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2003, 02:57:42 PM »

I have a growing collection of signed CD's and stuff.  I have Prong's Cleansing record signed by Tommy Victor and their new guitarist Monty.
I have a Crunchy CD (Monty Colvin's band post-Galactic Cowboys) signed by the entire original band before the drummer change and then the split up.
The Terria record signed by Devin Townsend as well as a Strapping Young Lad shirt signed by Devin and drummer Gene Hoglan.
Wayne Kramer (ex-MC5) signed my copy of his newest record Adult World.
Tanglefoot's Agnes on the Cowcatcher signed by the whole band.
Mother Superior signed a poster at one of their shows.
Tonight I hope to score Dog Fashion Disco's signatures at a concert, and Thursday I'm going to see Cephalic Carnage in Minneapolis.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Musukogoji
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2003, 06:32:11 PM »

I have:

Christopher Lee
Peter Cushing
Sylvester Stallone
Talia Shire
Bruce Campbell
and the Cast fo "Newsradio" (last season)
and Fritz Kiersch
peter johnson
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2003, 07:42:12 PM »

I'm impressed as hell with the Lee & Cushing autographs!!  What are they on?
I have soooo many signed things, books, letters, records, etc. from individual members of The Firesign Theatre.  I guess I have more of Phil Proctor than anyone else, but David Ossman is a close second.  These guys do cartoon voicework -- Rugrats, A Bug's Life, etc. -- as well as the Firesign stuff.  Phil was in Rocky & Bullwinkle as DeNiro's sidekick, and was the drunk monkey voice in Eddie Murphy's Doctor Dolittle.   David produced the 50th anniversary of the War of the Worlds broadcast, Empire of the Air, and the 100th anniversary PRI radio show of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.  All of the guys in the troupe have more screen, radio, and record credits than I can possibly remember.  It has been an honor to meet and work with them.
Signed letter in a frame from Dan Coffey (Dr. Science/Duck's Breath Mystery Theatre).
I have photos of me with John Goodman, Rene Auberjonois (Odo), Michelle Trachtenberg(from Buffy), Jack Carter, Burt Ward, and a slew of other folk I've worked with, but never thought to get them to sign anything!!
I have a framed letter (exquisite penmanship!), entirely handwritten,  and handwritten envelope, with autographed photo, from Molly Sugden (Mrs. Slocumbe/Are You Being Served?).
I have a signed record jacket from George Duke -- She Heard the Blues(Zappa alum & jazz pianist.).
Signed picture disk from Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper!!!
Signed CD sleeve from The Grandmothers (Jimmy Carl Black and other Zappa alumni).
Copy of James Joyce's Ulysses signed with a dedication to me by Zero Mostel (I worked with him in Massachusetts in 1975 -- he was big on doing a revival of "Ulysses in Nighttown" but died before it happened.).
Signed program of a 1973 Virginia (I was in it too, as Yakov) production of Chekov's "The Seagull" by a cast of unknowns, including the then "Glennie C. Wade" -- later to be know as Glenn Close.
My wife has a copy of Andy Warhol's "Popism", signed & with a drawing of a banana by him on the inside cover, as she complained to him when she met him that her sister had swiped her copy of "The Velvet Underground" with the banana on the cover.  We have never had this appraised, though I'm sure we should.
Copy of "Jitterbug Perfume" signed by Tom Robbins
Copy of "Shatterday" signed by Harlan Ellison
Signed boot(!) live concert music cassette by Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown
Several books signed with dedications by Kevin Coyne, who isn't very well-known in this country, but gave Andy Summers & Zoot Money their starts -- much more popular in Germany & Austria.  Look for an old British band called "Siren", as well as Kevin's solo discs, almost all out-of-print now.
Any number of books/letters from Dave Barry, who apparently will write to anyone!
peter johnson
Musukogoji
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2003, 08:06:53 PM »

peter johnson wrote:
>
> I'm impressed as hell with the Lee & Cushing autographs!!
> What are they on?

Cushing's I got off ebay. It's a picture of him from "Star Wars". I sent a photo to Lee in England and he sent it back like a year later and it had his signature. :)

Musukogoji
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2003, 10:20:00 PM »

Ones I met:

John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants (on a video)
Penn & Teller (on a ticket stub)
Original, personalized art by Jeff Smith (of Bone fame) and Ed Emberly (who did all those kids' drawing books; I met him at a party when I was 8, and he drew me sitting on Godzilla's head!)

Ones I bought/got as presents:

Dr. Demento (photo)
"Weird Al" Yankovic (12" single for "Fat")
Michael Palin & John Cleese (their respective "Pocketful of Python" books)

One of these days, I'll send the sleeve of my "Fish Heads" 45 to Barnes & Barnes to sign so I can frame it.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Bubba
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2003, 10:26:15 PM »

I have Woody Allen, Paul Newman, Roberto Benigni, Paul Marco (star of "Plan 9 From Outer Space") Bert I. Gordon (director of "The Beginning of the End"), and the immortal Joe Don Baker
Dunners
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2003, 12:51:18 AM »

Bruce Campbells autograph on hios book :) I'm p**sed cause I didnt get the chance to go up and see him in person, so my family( they live in Oregon) got it fer me. said hes a cool guy :)
Paquita

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2003, 01:33:40 AM »

HEE! I have a Lord of the Rings bad guy poster signed by Christopher Lee to me PERSONALLY! so its worthless to anyone not named Colleen!  I have a friend whos in the know with him.  and I also have Colin Blundstone and Rod Argent from the Zombies signature to me from a show they played at a bar a block away from my house! i snuck in butt i had to leave cos i had to watch my gramma while my mom took my uncle to work so i didnt get to see them!  but my friend stayed and apparently colin was extremely horny! im so upset~!  i mean im used to having old men drool over me but not kinda famous ones! i hope they come back so i can get old man signed panties or something.

love colleen
JohnL

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2003, 03:20:59 AM »

I have a large, autographed picture of Ellen Muth, who was in Dolores Claiborne. She lives in the same town as I do and her father manages the store where I get my glasses made. She was signing pictures at a video store like 5 minutes from my house. I made small talk and basically acted like a dork, completely wasting my opportunity to talk to someone who'd been in a big-name movie. :(

Ellen Muth
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone Here Have A Celebrity Autograph? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.