Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:16:38 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Purveyors of quality cinema « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Purveyors of quality cinema  (Read 3211 times)
js-7
« on: June 09, 2001, 09:53:43 AM »

I'm sure most who have visited this site are familiar with Mystery Science Theater 3000.  I loved the show, of course with Joel as opposed to Mike.  What was great for me was that I had previously seen most of the films that they "critiqued".  Where else could one find such an impressive collection of "Gamorra, the Flying Turtle" movies?

Long before MST3K, there was Commander USA of Commander USA's Groovy Movies.  That was another classic that seems to have been lost in the void that is television.  Of course, it was around during USA Network's infancy.  Does anyone remember that show?

Too bad there aren't more shows like MST3K and Commander USA's Groovy Movies.
Scott
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2001, 11:28:30 AM »

I do remember that commander USA guy, though I wasn't crazy about his character I would prefer him rather than nothing at all. It was still fun.  I liked the old time horror host who tried to be more goulish.
Otto Maddox
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2001, 12:02:56 PM »

Monstervision with Joe Bob Briggs was great entertainment.  You could always rely on him to have a funny take on a bad movie.  Plus, he was cool back when he was on the Daily Show, making fun of televangelists on "God Stuff."  What happened to this guy?
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2001, 12:16:51 PM »

A great host can add to a show. The right adittude and style makes watching (espchualy by your self) more fun. Hey, it ain't shakespear. Lighten up!" BTY, tonights movie is a sturring saga...for  all you poor sagas out there...of a boy, his city, and his firebreathing terripin. so sit back for more of "Gamera the giant monster" aka "Tokyo gets an a napalm enema", and we'll be right back after this heart recharge for the advertising dept....and don't say i diden't warn ya!"
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2001, 12:19:20 PM »

Here is Joe Bob Briggs:

http://www.joebob-briggs.com

Andrew
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Purveyors of quality cinema « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.