Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:08:00 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Memento « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Memento  (Read 3068 times)
Mofo Rising
« on: June 09, 2001, 09:44:34 PM »

Anyone go see this one?

If you haven't heard, MEMENTO is about a man who has no short term memory.  The effect being that he can't form any new memories, and can't remember anything past five or ten minutes ago.

What it means for the movie, is that we start at the end of the movie, and then proceed to watch five to ten minute vignettes.  Each one shows the events that occured previous to the one we just watched, expanding and explaining them.  If that doesn't make any sense, it's just like that episode of "Seinfeld" that was in reverse.

I thought it was fairly interesting.  It did get a little old near the end, as there's just a point where you say "What the hell is going on?"  You can only be strung along for so long.

Critics also say it's one of the most original thrillers to come along in years.  That may be true, but like I said, they did it on "Seinfeld" first.

Four slimes.
El Chupacabra
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2001, 04:14:12 AM »

Yes indeed, it's prob. the best thing I've
watched all year.  You really feel you're
inside that guy's mind throughout the whole
movie.  And what a twisted, f*cked up mind
it is!  Supporting characters (all three of
`em) and the music, writing, ect. are just
perfect too.  Everything just came off so
well here.

5 slimes.
Steve.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2001, 01:02:14 PM »

I think Memento is the best "mainstream" movie so far, this year. (which probably isn't saying much) It at least has a reasonably different plot, and Guy Pearce is excellent. Try and see Pearce in "Ravenous" - a brilliant spin on cannibal movies.
Scott
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2001, 01:54:17 PM »

yes, RAVENOUS is a good movie. Straight to video I think?
Steve.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2001, 02:10:47 PM »

I'm afraid "Ravenous" did almost go straight to video, it sank without trace in the cinemas, because of its subject matter (It's hardly in the vein of "Silence Of The Lambs") and its eccentricity - not a  winning combination! But I think It's the "mainstream's" loss.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2001, 02:29:55 PM »

I liked RAVENOUS.  Of course, I'm partial to movies featuring cannibalism.  And it's got my man Jeffrey Jones in it.  (Of course it's got David Arquette in it too, but you take the good with the bad.)

I'm also in the very small minority that actually enjoyed the music.
Steve.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2001, 02:10:28 PM »

Mofo - you are not alone. I think the score for Ravenous really adds to the atmosphere, making it a good all-round movie.
Alisa
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2001, 01:07:53 AM »

Memento is not a "maintstream" movie, i had to hunt and find out where it was playing.  It was an excellent film, i don't see how it could confuse you that much, because i basically had most of the ending ( or should i say the beginning?) figured out in the middle of the movie.  I also adore Guy Pearce as an actor.  I saw Ravenous in the movie theater with my brother and we were laughing our asses off and getting grossed out.  I loved the music ( Albarn is great )

Also check out L.A. Confidential....Guy Pearce is in that too
Otto Maddox
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2001, 10:31:42 AM »

I love the film, and I also enjoyed the music so much that I bought the soundtrack.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Memento « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.