Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:31:23 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Core is almost here. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Core is almost here.  (Read 4855 times)
SkullNinja
« on: March 27, 2003, 01:51:08 PM »

OMG!

I've eatched enough crap in my lifetime to see the red lights coming on this one.

Let me preface it with, I knew Armaggedon wasn't going to be Shakespeare, but I knew it'd be over-the-top testosterone laced, "we kick the asteroids ass", guy type of movie. It had a blatent disregard for physics and logic, but it was fun.

The Core is just going to be pure cheese. It is going to make Armaggedon look like Shakespeare. It just may be the funniest comedy of the year when all is said and done. At least Armaggedon actually had some folks who may not be creme of the crop actors, but are still interesting character actors (Willis, Buscemi, Duncan, Thornton, Wilson). Who do we have in the Core? The next karate kid and the French dork from the Patriot.

Hold tight my friends, this one is going to suck.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 01:57:53 PM »

Furthermore, we will have the director's cut DVD to look forward to . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. -
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2003, 02:58:46 PM »

Yes my friend, it IS going to SUCK. I new this when i first saw the commercial and vomited all over my TV screen then got up and washed it off with steaming hateful p**s - screaming, "Die die! you rotten scab! Die!".
I don't think I'll last to the end of this one.
Steve B
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2003, 03:09:23 PM »

Someone help me, because the previews have me confused...ok, the premise is that there's a machine that causes earthquakes and it's at the center of the earth, correct? Now, if that's true, then why are they developing a machine to travel to the center if that machine is already done there? Doesn't that mean someone has already done so? Please help me!!
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. .
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 03:33:00 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out how said machine can cause the Space shuttle to crash on a busy street in some populated city (seen in commercial)
so, I can't help you at all

"Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should."

-Tom Servo

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2003, 03:45:08 PM »

It's some super dooper machine thingie that somehow stops the earth's inner core rotating, which then makes the electro-magnetic field that protects the earth start to decay, leading to all kinds of mayhem.

The Super Dooper Machine Thingie is, of course, a DEFENSE WEAPON.  Because DEFENSE WEAPONS are bad.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. .
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2003, 03:48:50 PM »

I'm feeling sick again

-Tom Servo

SkullNinja
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2003, 03:52:05 PM »

<<>>

Me too. Horribly ill.

Maybe Hillary Swanker will get naked, that could at least help.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2003, 04:06:55 PM »

They destroy San Francisco in it, how could that be a bad thing?

Please note, I have lived my entire life in the SFBA and just love seeing it in movies.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Damien
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2003, 04:13:56 PM »

I think The Core could of be a realy good bad movie if it was made in the late 60's early 70's... That was when logic was tossed out of the window in SF... Aka, Jurney to the center of the earth, The land that time forgot...

I dont think I could sit thru this movie, either... Maybe I'll rent it out when it comes in... but the movie... "we must build a mechine to travel to the center of the molten hot earth's center to stop the destruction of the earth dosent make much sense to me either."
Squishy
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2003, 04:17:53 PM »

Actually, I think the movie's going to start off with the space shuttle "crash-landing" in the L.A. basin, complete with side-skidding just like the usual L.A. basin car chase. Probably to show us the pilot (our hero, maybe?) and his amazing grace under pressure.

(1) Damn, that's stupid.
(2) What bad taste, given recent events.

Note: I understand frustration over the Military being depicted as "evil" on a regular basis in movies, but an "earthquake machine" (snicker tee hee hee) would hardly be a defensive weapon.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2003, 05:09:15 PM »

The more I hear about this movie, the more it reminds me of all those cheapo "secret (often prehistoric) land" movies from the 1960s and 70s. Specifically, I'm talking  about:

* AT THE EARTH'S CORE
* THE LAND THAT TIME FORGOT
* THE PEOPLE THAT TIME FORGOT
* ISLAND AT THE TOP OF THE WORLD

. . . you know what I'm talking about.

I have actually had one or more of the above DVDs in my hands recently, but I was too scared to buy them so I quickly put them back on the shelf.

I should buy a couple of them, though. I really need to beef up my Doug McClure collection . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. .
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2003, 05:10:53 PM »

>>>>>Probably to show us the pilot (our hero, maybe?) and his amazing grace under pressure.

Oh my! that's too funny - but it just might work!!!!!

-Tom Servo

peter johnson
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2003, 05:21:58 PM »

One can never have too much Doug!!  We love the way they do "Troy McClure" on the Simpsons, too . . .  If I see his name on a box, you gotta get it, 'cause  you know it's "Momma, hold the pizza, 'cause we already got too much cheese!!".
This new "At the Earth's Core" deal seems to be based in part over the new paranoia re. Weather Weapons, especially the HAARP project, hard-chemical vapor trails, etc.  In this respect, at least, it's doing the "X-Files" thing of deriving from popular Forteana.
I'd like to give this movie a chance, but I fear I must bow to the veteran cheese-detection personnel on this board.
peter johnson
Flangepart

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2003, 06:02:46 PM »

Hot, gooey cheese, running down from the screen. Bring a bib.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Core is almost here. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.