Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:19:24 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which movie have you seen more times than any other? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Which movie have you seen more times than any other?  (Read 4332 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 02, 2003, 06:05:10 PM »

My #1 is THE GODFATHER.

I have seen it at the drive-in, on network television, and on cable. I have rented it on video. I used to own it on CED disc (remember those? they were like 33 1/3 RPM record albums that you played on a special machine connected to your television . . . they didn't last very long). I own it on VHS and I also own it on DVD. Plus, I worked in a video rental store for 3 years during the 1980s and we used to watch it about 3 or 4 times a year while we were working. Conservatively, I'd say I have seen this movie between 50 and 75 times. I've seen Part II about 20 - 25 times. I have even suffered through Part III about 6 times.

I would have to give honorary mentions to WAR OF THE WORLDS, JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH, THE WIZARD OF OZ, THE BIRDS, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, PLANET OF THE APES, DAWN OF THE DEAD, THE WILD BUNCH, BONNIE & CLYDE, THE FRENCH CONNECTION, TAXI DRIVER, THE GETAWAY and GOODFELLAS. I've seen these films at least 12 - 20 times each.

What is at the top of everyone else's list?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 06:19:32 PM »

I saw "Star Wars" 29 times in the theater.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 06:34:34 PM »

All the runner ups are Godzilla movies, or perhaps the Transformers movie.  The #1 though, is probably Godzilla 1985.  It was the first G-flick I saw as a kid, and I'd bet I've seen it at least 40 - 50 times.  I can speak all the dialogue along with the dubbing actors.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 07:07:26 PM »

I would have to say I've seen Die Hard the most times.....at least 20.

Post Edited (04-03-03 18:15)
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 07:24:19 PM »

Jaws - Well in excess of 50 times, probably closer to 75 or 80.  Perhaps even 100.  The runner up is John Carpenter's The Thing[/b], which is somewhere between the 40 to 60 times range.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Andrew Crow
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2003, 07:36:15 PM »

GHOSTBUSTERS. Anybody who was a kid when or after this movie was released that can't watch this movie over and over again had a bad childhood, methinks.
frannie
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2003, 07:36:26 PM »

Fearless Freep wrote:

> I saw "Star Wars" 29 times in the theater.
>
>

i have seen the original and empire about that many times and in 2 separate countries.  i've seen Jedi in 3 different countries.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2003, 10:12:06 PM »

Probably the original Star Wars trilogy, This Is Spinal Tap, Monty Python & the Holy Grail, Plan 9, or the MST3K'd version of Pod People.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Pancho
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2003, 10:26:22 PM »

The Wall, 54 times.  All of them since this October too.  That's kinda sad in hindsight.
Nemo2342
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2003, 10:31:50 PM »

The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Well, I've been in the theater while it was playing, that's the same as watching it right?
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2003, 11:23:18 PM »

Gunga Din---Been my favorite movie since I was 12. I own it on VHS, I'm gonna find it on DVD, and I watch it every time I see it on the TV schedule. In my opinion, the best friggin' flick ever made.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Sam
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2003, 01:29:56 AM »

Jaws, I used to watch that movie everyday when I got home from school for 2 years. I just couldn't get enough of it. Return of the Living Dead, Repo Man, Tremors, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas are others that I seen at least 20 times, Return of the Living Dead, I know that I've seen that at least 45 times. My Mom has seen U.S. Marshals at least 50 times. She's always watching that movie whether its on tv or on tape she's always watching it.
Squishy
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2003, 06:46:34 AM »

"The Secret of NIMH." You don't wanna know how many times. Okay, I don't want YOU to know.
Skaboi
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2003, 12:01:58 PM »

Fight Club would have to be mine.  A pure masterpiece.  I'd say I've seen it atleast 50 times.  I'm suprised the DVD isn't ashes yet.
peter johnson
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2003, 02:29:18 PM »

Well, I suppose it's The Seventh Seal, though Fires on the Plain comes in second.  I've noticed over the years that people tend to avoid these pictures because of the "serious art-film" connotations associated with them & they're afraid they'll be bored.   I'd say please give them a chance, you may be surprised . . .
peter johnson
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which movie have you seen more times than any other? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.