Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:53:17 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst make-up, special effects, props, or sets « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Worst make-up, special effects, props, or sets  (Read 4643 times)
Bernie
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2003, 12:11:36 PM »

Jackie Coogan's makeup in Mesa of Lost Women.

The big cardboard box robot from Devil Girl From Mars.

Plan 9, sure, but what about some of Ed's other efforts -- Night of the Ghoul has an extended sequence of one guy leading another down what is supposed to be a darkened corridor -- but there is nothing behind them, absolutely nothing.  So you have two spotlighted guys walking across a black screen.  Over and over again.

The dinosaur puppets from Future War (I only know this one from MST but I can't imagine it gets any better uncut.)

Geez, the list goes on and on ....
Squishy
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2003, 06:32:27 PM »

Oh, I forgot "The Brainiac." Wow. People standing in front of "exterior scenery" which appears to be poster-sized enlarged photographs pasted to the studio wall; a comet strike that consists of a blurry "cartoon" still followed by a papier-mache (uh oh, that's French, isn't it?--I mean "Freedom wad") clump faling down to Earth like the huge weight in a Monty Python skit...and Brainy himself: the silliest-looking horror monster of all time, with a fixed stuck-out tongue and pulsating air-bladders that enhance the silliness, not the horror. Joy.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2003, 01:30:30 PM »

The "Creature from the Haunted Sea"....ol' egg times for eyes....i still think they were egg timer dials....
Reptilicus...Oliver J. Dragon's evil twin.
The Giant Claw! When the star of the film sneakes out of the theater on premier night, rather then be associated with tht file he stars in....yeesh!...i call the claw "Old hood scoop beak"....
Man....so many examples, so little time to list them....
Ah! Caltiki, the immortal monster!....wet burlap bags for blobs!...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
peter johnson
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2003, 03:24:57 PM »

Wow!!  I knew this would be a good topic -- so many happy memories!!
I tried not to mention Robot Monster or good old Ed Wood in my post because they are sort of the unspoken Industry Standard in this category -- but Squishy's mention of the rickety wooden table really does deserve to be mentioned, if only because the first thing you think of  in Plan 9 are the bad saucer/bad cemetary effects, and such masterpieces as the table get (unjustly) overlooked.
Yes!!  Grinning Marionette Spiders!!  I had forgotten -- we need more like this --
Yes!!  The Killer Shrews!! -- I love especially how you can see the dogs panting happily under their shrew-skins in some scenes -- obviously having fun with this new "cover-me-up!" game.
I own "Beginning of The End".  You can quite clearly see a grasshopper walk off the side of the building and into "open sky" on the photograph that the hopper-wrangler just threw them on.
What the hell was that Corman-released Italian sword & sorcery thing about the 2 princesses?  They have this really bad bat-winged lion-demon in the sky at one point fighting this gal who looks like the rocket-in-the-eye guy from George Melies' "Journey to the Moon".  Anyway, the hero gets attacked in a forest at one point by all these red apes, and you can see the BOOTIE-FEET on their zip-up costumes.
peter johnson
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2003, 03:42:40 PM »

peter johnson wrote:

> What the hell was that Corman-released Italian sword &
> sorcery thing about the 2 princesses?  They have this really
> bad bat-winged lion-demon in the sky at one point fighting this
> gal who looks like the rocket-in-the-eye guy from George
> Melies' "Journey to the Moon".  Anyway, the hero gets attacked
> in a forest at one point by all these red apes, and you can see
> the BOOTIE-FEET on their zip-up costumes.

Ah, "Sorceress" - that is where some more of the "Wizards of the Lost Kingdom" footage came from.  I also think that, as has been said, it used stuff from "The Warrior and the Sorceress."

Could have sworn that I had a copy of "Sorceress" around here.  It must be buried under other movies on the shelves.   Some of the VHS shelves are three movies deep.  Not looking foward to moving all this and hoping that base housing in New York has ample shelving.  If not, I will have to build some.

Darn it, I know that I own that movie.  Where is it?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
tuck
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2003, 05:30:29 PM »

the labrynth
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst make-up, special effects, props, or sets « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.