Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:20:19 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AMC goes A*P*E!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AMC goes A*P*E!!!  (Read 2823 times)
Squishy
« on: June 11, 2001, 04:24:17 AM »

This Saturday night, the South Korean budgetfree buttchunk "A*P*E" mysteriously joins the ranks of American Movie Classics. Jaw-droppingly awful, which a soundtrack consisting of two themes repeated endlessly, and about five sound effects, also repeated endlessly. Plus the most retarded puppet show you will ever witness. I doubt the obscene gesture and the bloody upchuck will be left uncut, but nevertheless, if you haven't seen it yet, don't miss it. Starring Joanna Kerns ("Family Ties") under another name, and the guy who played Mickey The Gardener in--and directed--"The Screaming Skull."  Intended for 3-D (but never processed), so a lotta crap gets hucked at the camera. Enjoy!
Andrew K
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2001, 09:30:51 AM »

Hoo-boy, glad we can least agree that this reeks. Last month it was Catman of Paris, and now, Ape.  What's next, The Eye Creatures?  Anyways, even though the IMDB bottom 100 list makes even the AFI list seem relevant, watch it closely  because APE needs just 17 votes to get into that list, and I have feeling it will get them all by the end of the week.  The current champion is the riotous Japanese Planet of the Apes rip-off Time of the Apes, so expect to see some literal and figurative crap-tossing, people!

BTW, if AMC was celebrating Ape movies, they should have also provided the following: The Ape Man, Return of the Ape Man, Killer Ape, and of course, Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla.  I missed their Marilyn Monroe tribute-did they remember to play Monkey Business?
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2001, 06:37:14 PM »

Oh,god...Time of the Apes...and thou still doest  wonder why we prefer this drek MST style? Did you ever get the feeling the AFI popularity list is,well...just that? How can anyone objectivly decide on the "Top" 100 anything, without useing popularity? Oh,well. Heh...make a nice promo...AMC goes ape s#&t!
Andrew K
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2001, 05:48:14 PM »

Flangepart wrote:
>
> Oh,god...Time of the Apes...and thou still doest
> wonder why we prefer this drek MST style?

Actually, I think it would still be pretty damned hilarious without them. Pepe (what was s/he supposed to be? A gibbon? A marmoset? Or, as Joel said, a Hostess Cup Cake?) had me with bursting with laughter every time s/he showed her ridiculous face. But the idea of sitting through the entire original TV show sounds like sheer torture.

Did you ever get
> the feeling the AFI popularity list is,well...just that? How
> can anyone objectivly decide on the "Top" 100 anything,
> without useing popularity? Oh,well. Heh...make a nice
> promo...AMC goes ape s#&t!

It's still way more relevant than either the IMDB Top 250 . Any list which places The Shawshank Redemption and American Beauty over Citizen Kane and the Bicycle Thief is completely worthless.
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2001, 10:57:15 AM »

Youe right, K. Man, what a treasure trove of cheese! Hairy cheese! I have Got to record A*P*E this weekend.! Pass a up a hairy holy grail like this, I thinketh not!  BTW, the idea of Shawshank or Am. Beauty getting rated over C. Kane or Bicycle thief is understandable, i guess, but only if, after the passage of time, film lovers over all decide its time to do so. Kane overshodowed what came before it, after all. It set a new standard. I guess it still boils down to raw popularity, in the long run.
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2001, 05:54:01 AM »

(Just gettin' my cookie back. Freakin' Windows Me.)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AMC goes A*P*E!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.