Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:00:21 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Films of 1978 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Worst Films of 1978  (Read 9304 times)
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« on: April 04, 2003, 02:16:15 PM »

Hey, everyone - I've started my own little bad films site, and 1978 was just completed.

Check it out and even contribute:

http://www.jonahfalcon.com/worstfilms.htm

http://www.jonahfalcon.com/1978awards.htm
Damien01
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 02:45:40 PM »

I Spit On Your Grave

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Sorry, but your very, very wrong here... you must redo you list...
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 02:54:27 PM »

Er, no. I Spit On Your Grave was one of the few films that earned a zero star review from Roger Ebert, and was basically putrid gorexploitation.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was and is a famous disaster of a film, on the level of 1941, Heaven's Gate, Ishtar, and so forth.
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. .
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 03:08:27 PM »

I agree with you about Sgt. Pepper. Just thinking about this abortion gives me hives.

"Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should."

-Tom Servo

Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2003, 03:13:28 PM »

For some reason I'm thinking "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh" came out at about that time.  Ah, I see it's on yuor 1979 list

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2003, 03:14:56 PM »

Yeah. If you want to send your ballot to me for 1979 to influence my decisions, feel free. :)
Damien01
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2003, 03:25:47 PM »

Well, back in 1978 Roger Ebert would say Plan 9 From Outter Space is one of the wost movies ever... Its funny how times have changed.

I've remember Gladiator was give 2 stars by good ol' Roger Ebert, when the movie has just came out... boy, its a good thing many people dont remember that.

Dont, and I mean dont place movies on a bad list unless you have seen it. You could be missing out a very good movie.

And Movie Critics only judge a movie by the acting, script and direction and not by enterainment value...
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2003, 03:26:30 PM »

Er, last I saw, Plan 9 is STILL considered the worst film ever made, and Ed Wood is STILL considered the worst director.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2003, 04:18:18 PM »

Not only is SGT. PEPPER one of the worst movies of 1978, it is one of the worst movies that I have ever seen.

WOW - thanks for reminding me about that one!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Skaboi
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2003, 04:22:42 PM »

Ed Wood was a god!
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2003, 04:30:50 PM »

According to Ed Wood, yes. :)

Coleman Francis was a worse director, though.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2003, 04:40:32 PM »

Ed Wood was an emotionally scarred (WW2, not unlike Rod Serling - note their treatment of the military and war in their stories) transvestite/alcoholic with a self destructive streak.  I do enjoy his movies for their goofy charm though.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Damien01
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2003, 04:58:59 PM »

I didnt want to go off topic here I know you listed the Worst Films of 1978... but I think your only listing them by the ratings from the critics...

As for SGT. PEPPER... wasnt it funny when they label "The Bad Guys"... (It made an impression that Heavy Metal was evil and Disco was good.)
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2003, 05:03:43 PM »

No, it went in because it was a disaster commercially, critically, artistically, and watching it makes me want to throw up.
Damien01
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2003, 05:25:17 PM »

I dont know I took it as a fun movie. I've seen worst films, from 1978...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Films of 1978 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.