Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:45:34 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What the f--? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What the f--?  (Read 3143 times)
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 05, 2003, 01:18:41 PM »

OK, Saturday afternoon and and Army of Darkness is on Sci-Fi (hooray, theyre getting somethings right).  But there is a warning "This film contains violent scenes, viewer discretion is advised."  Now, the movie does have some violence, but so does Tremors the series, Star Wars, or most anything else on tv.  Why does AoD get a warning?  Its violence is mostly cartoonish (and I don't mean that in a bad way).
Flangepart

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 01:21:57 PM »

Maby some network suit just useing a one size fits all disclaimer, because he's too lazy to think. Happens all the time.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. .
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 02:50:30 PM »

Probably the same suit that allowed the "idea" for a SCRIPTED "candid" show like Scare Tactics to air. My GOD if that wasn't the most rehersed CON job a network has pulled since Big Brother or Survivor!!! This one is definatley not gonna last.
I should sue them for insulting me yet ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

"Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should."

-Tom Servo

peter johnson
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 02:54:12 PM »

Dear Doctor -- Was it really finally established that "Scare Tactics" was scripted?  So that really was just a publicity stunt,then, with the girl suing them, etc.?  I missed any followup on that whole issue --
Sidebar:  Phil Proctor was the voice of Big Brother in Big Brother 3 --
peter johnson
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. .
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 02:59:04 PM »

It's obvious it was scripted.

-Tom Servo

peter johnson
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2003, 03:36:58 PM »

Well, if it was obviously scripted, what happened with this alleged lawsuit thing?  Just a publicity stunt was it?  I mean, it looked like the girl was really scared to me in the sections they showed on those late-night Hollywood shows (I don't get cable, so no Sci-Fi for me -- damn!).
My impression was that she was really p**sed-off over being put through it all & that the lawsuit was real.  Not true?
peter johnson
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. .
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2003, 03:57:18 PM »

"(I don't get cable, so no Sci-Fi for me -- damn!)."
Well, sir, you must see it to understand my meaning. and yes! of course the lawsuit was a publicity stunt! This is America dammit! the land of the publicity stunt!!!!

Wait a tic.........This started out as a thread about a "suit" making bad buisness decisions at Sci Fi headquartes ......

adios

Post Edited (04-05-03 14:59)

-Tom Servo

peter johnson
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2003, 04:58:02 PM »

Oh, don't all the threads here sort of drift into something else?
Anyway, I don't guess anyone looked at my iguana-mask post, 'cause I see nothing about it -- speaking of posts that started as one thing & then went elsewhere . . .
peter johnson
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. .
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2003, 05:10:24 PM »

Dear Mr. Johnson,
I regretfully admit that I missed your "Iguana Mask" post. I will do a search for it immediatley!

Sincerly,
Dr, X, Yyz, Sr..

-Tom Servo

raj

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2003, 05:19:07 PM »

And more on Scare Tactics:  Gee, Shannon Doherty has fallen, now she's hosting a cheap "reality" tv show; though I've seen Dean Caine doing one on ABC Family channel(?) and Teri Hatcher is only doing Radio Shack ads.
Squishy
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2003, 05:46:53 AM »

Oh, like no one's ever filed a baloney lawsuit for the sake of publicity before. Think it through: all "reality" TV is scripted. There's too much potential for real legal action from stuff like "Joe Millionaire" alone. I would go so far as to suggest that the "police record scandals" on "American Idol" are known about well in advance and "revealed" as a convenient ratings-tweaker.

I haven't watched a second of "Scare Tactics" save the stuff in the commercials, and the "reality" (that is, the acting) is terrible. You can tell the difference just comparing it to "America's Funniest Home Videos"--the genuinely spontaneous ones, not the planned-and-rigged "accident" videos.

Perhaps Shannon's there to make the others look better.
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2003, 03:52:48 PM »

Boy, what a downfall for Shannon as well. From Mallrats, to 90210, to this. Yeesh! Say goodbye to your career.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2003, 09:21:25 PM »

Eh, Shannon's still yummy.  As for Army of Darkness on Sci Fi, it has one of my favorite "idiot censor hack jobs" since Bruce Willis called people "melon farmers" (oh, figure it out) in Die Hard on NBC.  When Ash is talking to his evil twin for the first time, they bleep out Bad Ash SAYING BAD ASH!!!  Because the kiddies might think he's saying ass.  I hate people.  Hate hate hate.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
JohnL

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2003, 11:00:08 PM »

>Eh, Shannon's still yummy.

I agree, but did you ever notice that her eyes are crooked? One is higher than the other.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What the f--? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.