Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:25:42 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  USA Saturday Nightmares « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: USA Saturday Nightmares  (Read 4780 times)
Nick
« on: June 09, 2001, 07:21:54 PM »

When I was a kid, the USA network used to play old horror movies on Saturday night.  I was wondering if anyone remembers watching these movies.  I'm also curious if anyone knows of a way I can obtain a list (or a partial list) of what movies they used to show or what happened to all of them.  I don't think the USA network shows them anymore and I'm curious as to what they did with them all, locked them all up in an old closet?  Thanks!
Matthew.G.A
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2001, 09:18:32 PM »

I grew up in New York, and as a kid they ran the same thing on channel 11, in the 60s! It was called  "Chiller Theater "On the intro they always showed scary clips from a lot of movies and that was scary! We lived in the suburbs and there was no such thing as cable! so we got a weak signal! It added to the effect in a lot of ways! Then they were hosted, later on by a guy known as "Zachary"!
As for the movies shown, I too wondered what happened to a lot of em! Some were really intense for the time! But some I remember I have never seen since!
Scott
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2001, 08:03:24 AM »

Wow, CHILLER THEATER was one of my favorite shows in the 70's on WPIX from New York. I lived in Elmira New York in those days and also remember a Saturday afternoon program that played for years. It had this scientist with a patch over his eye and he had a hand in a box that moved around with a big ring on it. does anyone know the name of this show? It was great stuff. Later the guy with the patch was decapitated and his talking head was put on a table or something and he would continue to show the movies.

Many of those films I have never seen again either from both the afternoon show and CHILLER THEATER. Mathew if you search under CHILLER THEATER you will find a website dedicated to it and you can play the CHILLER THEATER intro music that everyone loved by pushing the sound clip on the page.

I never got to see ZACHARY, but he attends alot of parades in the NJ area and attends those B-Movie conventions.

The last horror host that I remember was in the late 80's from a Philidelphia station. It was hosted by a lady named Stella from Manyunk, but I can remember the name of the show, it was in the late 80's.
peter johnson
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2001, 05:32:29 PM »

I just got an e-mail from debra informing me that not only is Dr. Madblood still around (This was on in central & southern Virginia in the '70's & early '80's), but there's even something called "Virtual Pungo" on channel 33, if you have a dish, I guess.
We had Madblood & before him in the '60's & early '70's there was The Bowman Body, who had a band-aid on his clown-white forehead (He was a vampire who got out of a paisley-pattern lined coffin) & played the trumpet.  Fraternities used to pay to have him come to their parties.  Both he & Madblood were true cheese kings, though Madblood was definitely more kid-friendly in his world-view/attitude.
Rock
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2001, 07:40:19 AM »

USA also had "Commander USA's Groovy Movies which showed some good ones.  Anyone remember that show?
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2001, 12:16:30 PM »

Hey, gand. Lets not forget the T.V. Horror hosts website.  HTTP://WWW. GEOCITIES.COM/TELEVISION CITY/3257/.....a geart place to get nostalgic for the fun people of local T.V.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  USA Saturday Nightmares « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.