Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:41:05 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Confederate Cannibals « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confederate Cannibals  (Read 3467 times)
Ringneck
« on: June 11, 2001, 03:09:05 PM »

I saw a moive on video several years back about a group of confederate soldiers who get ambushed and their bodies geet washed down river into a secret cave where they get made into undead cannibals.  The rest of the movie is them wandering the south eating both union and confederates(some they turn into fellow zombies).  The effects werent that bad and I'm guessing this came out about the time I saw it on video, the mid 90's.  Anyone know the name of this one?

BradLaGrange
Steve.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2001, 05:03:59 PM »

It could well be "The Supernaturals", but I think that was made earlier than the mid-90s
Ringneck
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2001, 05:43:34 PM »

Steve.  I checked the IMDB for the supernaturals, and this wasnt the fim althoug it looks like it may have inspired it.  WHat I saw wasnt quite as hokey sounding as teh supernaturals sounds(minefields and women sgts in the Civil War?), and was pretty new when I saw it, the special effects not being to awful bad.  Apparently the whole Confederate Zombie theme may be a small sub genre all its own!  

BradLaGrange
Andrew
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2001, 09:16:44 PM »

This sounds like "Ghost Brigade," a film that I've heard about and has been on my "see these" list for sometime.  Here is the IMDB entry:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0107319

Andrew
Ringneck
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2001, 09:28:42 PM »

Andrew, thats it for sure!  Definatley something worth seeing, I had forgot all those "big" names in it like Sheen, Bernson, Le Blanc, and Thorton.  It really is a creppy flick with great atmosphere.  

BradLaGrange
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2001, 10:34:51 AM »

Damn--that's quite a cast for a "zombie" movie!!
Steve.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2001, 01:31:20 PM »

"The Supernaturals" is nothing if not extremely hokey! Is it just coincidence that many of today's "names" started life in ultra low-budget horror flix? I think we should be told.
Tor
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2001, 03:10:55 PM »

I've seen a Troma one at the local store called something to the line of "Attack of the Undead Cannibal Confederates". That might be it.
StatCat
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2001, 04:00:40 PM »

There is a movie called curse of the screaming dead aka curse of the cannibal confederates from 1983 also. I really thought you were talking about that film when I read the title of the post. So I guess there are two confederate zombie films out there.
Ringneck
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2001, 05:44:38 PM »

StatCat, Counting a couple super low budget excersizes it looks like there were something like just under 10 movies involving Confederates or other Civil War era Southern peoples coming back from the dead en masse(2,000 maniacs may have been ghosts).  Just another oddity showing how popular the Civil War continues to be over here in the US. (Or US and CS if our gray clad zombies had thier way).  BradLaGrange
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Confederate Cannibals « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.