Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 10, 2024, 04:31:41 PM
713979 Posts in 53083 Topics by 7729 Members
Latest Member: WiseVenus
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Journey to the Center of the Earth « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Journey to the Center of the Earth  (Read 1447 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: April 06, 2003, 12:09:04 AM »

This was tonight's movie, after I finished up various chores today.

The DVD is pretty darn nice.  The picture looked great and sounded great.  At one point some of the deep rumbling made Katie exclaim, "What's that?" since it was coming out of the rear speakers.

I think the film's main failing is that it is a "getting there" kind of story.  Most of the time is spent with the character's doing just that and it does get tedious after 90 minutes.  That and Lindenbrook's character starts to wear thin on the viewer's nerves.  The Icelander and his duck were a little disturbing, though they needed that deep personal waterfowl/human relationship to break the camel's back when the count got hungry.

The best part of the movie was when Pat  Boone's character fell out of the tree and grabbed up the lamb to hide himself (he is naked).  As he scurried backwards behind the tree I MST'd, "Excuse me, I just need to borrow this for a few minutes."  The implication set Katie to laughing so hard she was in pain.  I was told not to do that again.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 12:22:24 AM »

I think I've pushed this book before, and, sorry, but it only pertains tangentially to Andrew's post.

Anyway, The Descent by Jeff Long is a great update to the "journey to the center of the earth" mythos.  It's genre, of course, but it's literate genre.

If you go to your local library, you can check it out and read it for free.  Give it a shot, you'll probably like it.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 11:38:49 AM »

Andrew wrote:

> The best part of the movie was when Pat  Boone's character
> fell out of the tree and grabbed up the lamb to hide himself
> (he is naked).  As he scurried backwards behind the tree I
> MST'd, "Excuse me, I just need to borrow this for a few
> minutes."  The implication set Katie to laughing so hard she
> was in pain.  I was told not to do that again.

Those nordic types need to do something to keep warm!  Good one!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 01:04:07 PM »

Is the DVD letterboxed (I hope)????

Also - when Pat Boone picks up the lamb, you can see the shorts that he is wearing if you look closely.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 01:43:40 PM »

The Burgomaster wrote:

> Is the DVD letterboxed (I hope)????

Yes, 2.35:1 anamorphic.  Very nice!
Flangepart

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2003, 10:51:03 AM »

That is one great B flick! The MST potential means i will have at it when i get the chance! Oh, man...i gotta use that line, Andrew....hope Katie is feeling better!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 01:13:29 PM »

Well, I finally received and watched my copy of this DVD. What great picture quality! I had it on VHS a few years ago and the DVD is soooooo much better.

Nothing beats the sight of Pat Boone, wearing a kilt, singing "My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose." (By the way, Pat is doing a concert here in Massachusetts in a few months).

A highly recommended DVD . . . and you can buy it for about $11.00!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Journey to the Center of the Earth « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.