Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:58:27 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Leslie Nielsen in: PROJECT KILL « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leslie Nielsen in: PROJECT KILL  (Read 3486 times)
Abby
« on: June 11, 2001, 09:26:12 PM »

Seeing how this is the last month William Girdler.com is in the Legion of Muck spotlight, I'll exploit the opportunity and invite you all to experience Project Kill as you've never experienced it before. My (late) June site update is an exhaustive summary of the film, with special emphasis on sexism in the plot ... AND GARY LOCKWOOD'S HAIR!!! Also included are five new multimedia clips:

PROJECT KILL SUMMARY

The BEST part of the summary is a full page of new commentary from folks who worked on Project Kill.

Commentary

Another announcement for June is the arrival of an exclusive WG.com product that just tickles me pink. We now have an official Teddy Bear that comes with all sorts of exclusive artwork. It's SO DARNED CUTE I could die. The main painting is titled, "Day of the Kentucky Fried Grizzly." I love it!!

WG.com Teddy Bear

Thanks again, Andrew, for 'mucking' WG.com.
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2001, 10:44:20 PM »

Great articles Abby, especially the interviews with Kelly, Sheldon, and Schulten.  The teddy bear though - that box art.  Hahahaha!  What maniac designed that thing?

(For those of you that haven't seen it... ...well, you just have to see it.)

Andrew
Abby
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2001, 01:02:24 AM »

Maniac indeed!

Next to Zebra Killer, Project Kill is one of Girdler's LEAST known movies. So it was kind of fun to work it up. Pat Kelly has a lot of stuff sitting around from that flick -- like the uniform emblems and such. My next big mission is to get down to Texas and sift through his storage area. Hence ... "The Kentucky Fried Bear."

I look forward to your Day of the Animals review. I JUST got a DVD player. I've been so busy with Project Kill that I've yet to view my Girdler DVDs. I think I'll watch Day of the Animals tonight.

As an aside, Girdler has finally infiltrated the Bad Stomp Tokyo Planet review empire. By hosting Dante, they now host a Grizzly review. Mwuhahahahahaha!!!!
Matt
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2001, 05:26:11 PM »

I've never been to your site before, but it is amazing! You've made a new William Girdler fan, hell,  I ordered Day of The Animals last week and didn't even know he was involved with the film!

Nice work on the in-depth review of Project Kill - Leslie Nielsen MPEG fight had all my friends laughing thier asses off. I can't wait to see Leslie fight a bear in Day Of The Animals!
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2001, 06:28:48 PM »

Abby, when i get my DVD player, i'll be looking for Day of the Animals....Leslie makes any movie special. Both pre and post AIRPLANE! Hummm...maby a Leslie Neilsen peoject, along the lines of Parts is Parts. Its a thought.
Abby
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2001, 07:40:09 PM »

For kicks, I'll mention that there are two future Airplane! stars in Day of the Animals. The little girl in Day Of ... is the same girl who 'likes her coffee black, like her men' in Airplane.

The DVD transfer of Day Of The Animals isn't very good, but it's the best that has ever been officially available. Same goes for Grizzly. There is a widescreen bootleg version of Day of the Animals floating around that is 100 times better than the DVD.

I love Leslie Nielsen. Long before I ever started the Girdler site, my autographed Forbidden Planet Nielsen photograph has hung proudly in my kitchen. He was very good friends with Girdler, and is still friendly with Girdler's widow. There was some cable biography thing on Nielsen last year or so ... it never mentioned his Girdler movies -- it said something along the lines of ..."Nielsen took low-budget roles in the 70's until his big breakthrough with Airplane." Which is kind of a shame, considering how unforgettable Leslie is in Day of the Animals.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Leslie Nielsen in: PROJECT KILL « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.