Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:06 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Django: Kill "If you live shoot" (1967) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Django: Kill "If you live shoot" (1967)  (Read 831 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: April 12, 2003, 09:37:34 PM »

DJANGO KILL (If You Live Shoot) 1967 - Here is a great movie for you. It is a western that has just about everything. Tomas Milian stars as "the stranger". Django isn't  even in t his film. It is said in the extras on the Blue Underground that the distributors were just trying to cash in on the popularity of Django, but this dosn't take away from the film at all. Here are some of the most notable moments:

The stranger uses bullitts made of gold. Given to him by indians who help nurse him back to health after being executed by his gang of bandits.

The Town hangs the dead as an example.

The Town is called "The Un-Happy Place".

The scene where these two indian companions chase horses in an open field. Phew...................

The Indians are clearly Italians with wigs on.

One of the Indians gets graphically scalped. (they take of the wig and reveal a bald Italian man with blood all over his head)

My favorite scene: The stranger fills this bad guy up with gold bullits. A local bad guy boss has a mortician try to save the dying man. The mortician finds gold and everyone in the room digs into this guy with knives and fingers the get the remaining bullits. This naturally kill the man. The Boss why he did that before he could get valuable information out of him. The mortician says "All my life I have search for gold and he is full of if". I've been laughing to myself for days after that scene.

The ending is like something out of HOUSE OF WAX . One of the towns people gets hold of all this gold and keeps it in the upper part of a closet. The house burns down and the man goes to save his gold and it pours out like molten gold and it covers his head and shoulders completely.

Out of the Speghetti Western Collection that I recently purchased for $60 here are my favorites out of the four films.

1) Run Man Run - Great film with a neat social/political story to go with Milian.
2) Django - Classic Speghetti Western almost like watching a comic book figure.
3) Django Kill (If You Live Shoot) Good Strange film. Way out there.
4) Mannaja (Last of the Speghetti's, and some what boring characters and story to me, but not terrible)

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Django: Kill "If you live shoot" (1967) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.