Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:03:37 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What monsters have not been used to potential « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What monsters have not been used to potential  (Read 4902 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2003, 10:30:57 AM »

Don't we already have that. Pete?
The Black Scorpion. Classic mst3k, and a good monster flick to boot. I like the fact scorps can distract ya with the claws, then stap ya with the tail sting. Add armor plating and a bad attitude, and you have every reason to remake Black Scorpion.
Angirius need some props. Let him kick some major Metro butt. Sure, no breath wepon, but with all that aromr, he can trample with the best on 'em! Swing that tail, And crush that Black Scorpion, Angirius!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
raj

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2003, 10:49:35 AM »

Dang, you stole my vampire rant.  I mean how many really good vampire movies are there, 2, 3?  Let's see, Nosferatu,
Blade 2 did do some interesting things with the vampires, but the rest of the movie wasn't "wow".
I did like Full Moon's Subspecies movies, it at least put a whole milieu behind the vampires; still I am waiting for the definitive vampire movie.  And Tom Cruise must stay far away from it.
Damien01
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2003, 11:29:52 AM »

Best Vampire movies... Nosferatu (slient film), Dracula (1930's), Fright Night, Life Force, The Last man on earth/ omaga man, Queen of Blood, and Martin does comes to mind...
Andrew Crow
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2003, 04:23:31 PM »

I'd love to see a movie based on murderous plants. Habitat looks like it sucks, from the reviews I've read of it, but it sounds like a really good idea. Carnivorous plants. Little Shop Of Horrors is good, but too campy. I'm talking real serious killer plants.
raj

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2003, 04:33:54 PM »

Day of the Triffids.  Loved that movie
Damien01
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2003, 04:47:25 PM »

Day of the Triffids... A very good movie!!!

It was so, cool when the pilot tries to land the airplane blind.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2003, 05:03:03 PM »

Had a killer plant in it as well.  Not as cool as Triffids though.

Let's see, they put out an alluring scent which, if inhaled long enough, drugs the victims.  Vines then wrap around the victim, thorns break the skin, and a digestive sap does the rest.

Got a monster....now anyone have a plot to pot it in?

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2003, 06:59:03 PM »

Have there been many good killer non-giant insect movies made. Every insect film I can think of, apart from 'Arachnophobia', has giant ants, and giant spider etc etc

Pete
raj

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2003, 07:00:56 PM »

Start off with the plant downstream from a nuclear power plant.  A bunch of high school kids, on the first day of summer vacation go up to the ol' watering hole/makeout point. . .
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2003, 07:09:48 PM »

They've done a number of insect movies, but some giant wasps or giant beetles would be cool as the main monsters in a film.

Giant frogs.  Guy on a boat, shot of the huge frog as it leans forward.  (Overall shot of the lake or swamp.)  Then there is a a *THWAP* sound, followed by a short scream and a gulp.  The next shot of the boat shows it drifting empty.

Underground dwellers always work good too.  I'd love to see large carnivorous moles.

Lovecraft mythos - underused.  "The Whisperer in Darkness" could be an awesomely scary movie if done right.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Steve B
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2003, 05:34:28 PM »

I agree with Andrew about the underuse of the Lovecraftian Mythos. There is some really wonderful material in those...but again, it would require a scriptwriter and director of some competence.
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2003, 09:42:46 PM »

Crocodiles definitely do NOT work for a monster. With all the awful movies currently out with crocodiles as the bad creature, like Crocodile, Crocodile 2, Blood Surf and Lake Placid. Another crappy monster is the octopus. Bride of the Monster, Octopus, Octopus 2 just to name a few. These creatures are so limiting in that they are limited to a certain area of the world, or a certain ecosphere. Ants suck even worse. Fire will take care of those suckers in no time. Chemical or biological attackers would scare the hell out of me. No giant rubber monster, and it's kind of hard to screw up the CGI of something inside the body, since we're all pretty uncertain of what the bloodstream really looks like. A blood parasite, or some type of virus movie is in store.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
JohnL

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2003, 10:33:50 PM »

>Day of the Triffids. Loved that movie

Which one?

>Lovecraft mythos - underused.

Have you seen The Resurrected? Very weird.
SkullNinja
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2003, 12:21:44 AM »

You want scorpion horror? Try Tail Sting (2002).

Oh, I'm sorry, that's not horror, it's horrible. Well, it's good for a laugh, anyway.
Raider8080
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2003, 02:45:59 AM »

RELIC
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What monsters have not been used to potential « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.