Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:52:47 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Gore!!! What do you think is the 10 most shocking gore scenes in film? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Gore!!! What do you think is the 10 most shocking gore scenes in film?  (Read 10415 times)
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2003, 12:03:51 AM »

There was this awful, very bizarre movie about race and Vietnam called "Dead Presidents."  It was full of all the usual cliched "messages" and didn't have much substance... but gets gore points.  In one scene, one of the guys on a long range patrol gets taken by the VC when he goes to take a leak.  When they find the guy, he's lying against a tree (still alive) with his belly slashed open and his genitals in his mouth.  Shocked the hell out of me, but don't blink or you'll miss it.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2003, 04:28:52 AM »

Taxi Driver's climax is the bloodiest, most disturbing shootout ever on screen--beats out anything Peckinpah did, or the shootout at the end of Hill's Bonnie and Clyde.  Probably because the bloodletting did not seem cartoonish as it did in the other flicks, the whole film is chocked with grit and unblinking realism.
The best TV splatterfest of course goes ot Monty Python's Flying Circus "Salad Days" skit--Michael Palin hops up to the rest of the troupe picnicking, asks "Anyone for tennis?" and gets fatally beaned by a tennisball in the eye.  The rest is pure Stooges foodfight on a Herschel Lewis scale.  Absolutely hilarious.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2003, 06:52:44 AM »

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Blood Feast yet; the tongue scene was better, but the opening was probably more shocking, since no one had seen anything like it before.

Also, the scene in Bad Taste where Peter Jackson shoves his own brains back in his head. Love that movie.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2003, 08:34:47 AM »

Actually, last night I got around to watching my newly purchased DVD of THE STREETFIGHTER with Sonny Chiba. It has several gory scenes. My favorites are:

1. A guy pulling a knife out of his own eye.
2. A guy throwing up in slow motion. You can see pieces of carrots in his vomit.
3. A guy's skull being smashed. There is a quick edit from the guy's head, to an x-ray of his skull, then back to his head with blood spraying out of his mouth.
4. A guy has his throat ripped out. Sonny Chiba holds the fleshy pulp in his hand for a few seconds.
5. A guy lands on his head and blood splashes out all over the floor.
6. A guy gets punched in the mouth and spits out some blood and teeth.

AND THE GRAND DADDY OF THEM ALL:

7. Sonny Chiba castrates a guy with his bare hands, and then holds up the bloody genitals.

I can't wait to watch the 3 sequels  . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2003, 08:40:34 AM »

ONIONHEAD wrote: "Taxi Driver's climax is the bloodiest, most disturbing shootout ever on screen--beats out anything Peckinpah did, or the shootout at the end of Hill's Bonnie and Clyde. Probably because the bloodletting did not seem cartoonish as it did in the other flicks, the whole film is chocked with grit and unblinking realism."

I agree. Peckinpah's violence was usually very well choreographed, but I never found it to be disturbing. It was bloody, and interesting to watch, but not really anything that would stick in your mind for days and days. (Although, Straw Dogs had some disturbing moments).

As for Bonnie & Clyde, I assume you mean Arthur Penn, rather than Hill. Again, not really disturbing (except maybe when Gene Hackman is rolling around on the ground with a big, bloody wound on his head).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JohnL

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2003, 10:06:01 PM »

My picks;

The sphere drilling into the guy's head in Phantasm.

The sphere sticking out of the guy's face in Phantasm II.

The exploding head in Scanners, plus the ending fight.

Peter Weller getting his hand blown off in Robocop.

Bert Reynolds having his fingers cut off in Sharky's Machine.
lonecorndog
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2003, 11:03:12 PM »

Damien01 wrote:

> I was thinking about what are the most shocking gore scenes to
> date, and have a hard time in comming up with "any current
> movie" that is very shocking. Sure some of the gore is good...
> And CG's effects are great... but I cannot see them that
> shocking...

For "any current movie" Ghost Ship comes to mind, when all of the adults on the deck are cut in half at the same time. That was like Private Ryan without the warning shots.
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2003, 10:48:43 AM »

yeah that opener in Ghost Ship was worth the proce of the rental alone! I watched it with my parents, not a great idea haha.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2003, 10:58:29 AM »

Actually, the teen sci-fi neo-Nazi romp Starship Troopers was one of the goriest movies I ever saw in terms of both human and alien gore.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
peter johnson
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2003, 12:44:30 AM »

Geez, these are all good & correct . .  .
I'd also nominate the scene at the end of "On the Waterfront" when Brando has been beaten down to a bloody pulp & rises up to ask:  "Am I standing up? . . ."
Bothered me for years.
Yeah, Taxi Driver, & yeah, Fulci, etc.
I walked out on "The Valachi Papers" when it was new on the big screen due to excessive pointless gore . . .
peter johnson
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2003, 07:47:49 PM »

The one death scene that jumps out at me is the guy who gets cut in half in 13 Ghosts. Matter of fact the only scene worth while in the other wise forgetable film.(I fell asleep soon after and never rewatched)

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2003, 08:14:52 PM »

I suppose they guy who gets..um...'cubed' in "Cube" warrents a mention. not really gory on film but very unsettling to think about

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
HamishT
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2003, 08:32:41 PM »

when the guy gets his head ripped off in Maniac
the guide in Cannibal Holocaust getting his leg amputated after being bitten by something

and just the whole killings of the docco group in Cannibal Holocaust, looks so real
JohnL

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2003, 07:50:39 PM »

>I suppose they guy who gets..um...'cubed' in "Cube" warrents a mention. not
>really gory on film but very unsettling to think about

A similar scene in Resident Evil WAS fairly gory. The black team leader is sliced into cubes by a laser grid.
Neon Noodle
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2003, 08:40:16 PM »

Unsetteling? it's the movie "Buried Alive", either the sequence where the girl gere her fingernails yanked out by pliers (awake, mind you) or the other girl who gets the hunk of flesh gnawed out of her neck by the crazed scientist (and then eaten)

That ranks quite high...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Gore!!! What do you think is the 10 most shocking gore scenes in film? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.