Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:48:03 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WTF? Kane Hodder does not play Jason in "Jason vs. Freddy"! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WTF? Kane Hodder does not play Jason in "Jason vs. Freddy"!  (Read 6222 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 17, 2003, 06:27:57 PM »

That's like not having Robert England play Freddy.  What a bunch of crap.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Damien01
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 06:34:18 PM »

I would like somebody to say that about the guy that play's Godzilla.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 06:49:03 PM »

Hodder has only played Jason four times (in The New Blood, Takes Manhattan, Goes to Hell, and X), but he did seem to create an actual illusion of character with simple body movements.  A lot of people felt that his dismissal from the project was a spit in the face to Hodder, who was one of the few real movers and shakers keeping the Jason Versus Freddy project alive over the development hell years.  Sadly the director (the name escapes me, but he helmed Bride of Chucky) had quite a different Jason in mind for the movie.  A more tragic, Phantom of the Opera type than the hulking, unstoppable monolith as performed by Hodder.  Thems the breaks in show biz folks.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Steve B
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 09:52:38 PM »

Um...yeah, Jason as a phantom of the opera type...yeah...did you get that memo?
JohnL

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 10:36:18 PM »

Sounds like another director who's under the delusion that he's making his own personal movie rather than something that will please the fans.
SkullNinja
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2003, 12:19:00 AM »

Makes one wonder why they thought Kane couldn't portray this new pathos in Jason (which is kind of a crappy idea, since the whole thing that makes Jason the scariest is that you can't reason with him or establish some sort of emotional rapport). Kane went out of his way to give Jason a certain body language in his four appearances.

Lord help me if Jason breaks out in song and/or dance.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2003, 01:49:03 AM »

Lots of people do.  Both Haruo Nakajima (50s - 70s Goji) and Kenpachiro Satsuma (84 - Heisei Goji) are widely respected actors and still appear at conventions and stuff.  Satsuma even created what he calls "Godzilla Kenpo", a form of martial arts based on the exercises he had to do to be able to perform in the 200+ pound suits.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Damien01
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2003, 09:19:36 AM »

Brother Ragnarok... Its nice that you have pointed out the actors of Godzilla, but I think I was trying to say how a costume actor shouldnt change much of the character that they are playing...

I see Jason as a "Zombie Killer" (Jason did die and came back to life) and "he has no face" (just a mask), Unlike Freddy which has a face.

Also, Isnt this a making of a real bad movie, or what... Jason is a "Zombie Killer" vs Freddy "The Dream Master"... Also, the partnership could be as bad as Kane and X-Pac... one just kills and the other makes fun and then kills.

I do think its a waste of a time and budget for such a movie.

Wouldnt it be better to make Alien vs Predator... or Alien vs The Thing... or The Thing vs Predator... those comic books do have a common reality to them...

But Jason vs Freddy... nothing is in common to them, unless they are in a game show and the one that makes the most kills win the game (Jason should win, because the victims dont have to dream for him)
SkullNinja
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2003, 12:03:55 PM »

Well, I just got through reading a Jason vs Freddy script. I have no idea if it is "the" JvsF script, but I enjoyed it. Basically, it's kind of like the last Freddy movie and the last few Jason films where it redefines some concepts such as - -

"   (NOTE: This is not the hideously deformed mutant seen in
   the other Jason movies, but a real man. He's no less
   frightening, however, and he bears the scars of countless
   fights and wounds.)"

Here's the link for those curious.

http://blake.prohosting.com/horrorsu/scripts/jvsf_bm.txt

I hope this is the version that made it to the big screen. It looks pretty good.
SkullNinja
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2003, 12:11:16 PM »

Upon further research to locations like imdb.com, it appears that this is not the script that was used.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1457125/08212002/destinys_child.jhtml
Robert Englund talks about the film in the above link.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2003, 12:39:16 PM »

NOT a good idea.  Not only is Yu (who I believe was the director of Bride of Chucky, although I could definitely be wrong) going to alienate fans, but he's trying to make Jason into something he's not.  If the formula's good already, don't mess around with it.  Who knows, Bride of Chucky turned out to be good, so maybe this one will pleasantly surprise the cynics in all of us.  But so far, I'm not liking this idea at all..

Nick
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2003, 04:13:43 PM »

KANE HODDER not playing Jason is like replacing a mannequin in a department store window. No one will notice the difference.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Bonehead XL
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2003, 03:36:21 PM »

One, this is old news.

Two, even though Kane was the best Jason so far, Ken certainly has the look to him.

Three, I read a interview of Robert Enguld somewhere on-line and he said that Jason will not change that much, he will really only be emotinal in one scene, in that scene Freddy transforms into Miss Voorhees in a intemp to talk to Jason. Jason has acted "Emotianal" around his mother before, why has this bothered people so much?

Four, I read in Fangoria that Ronny Yu knows he's making a film for fans and is doing his best to please them.

Five, the title is "Freddy Vs. Jason!" Get it right!

Six, I think this is really gonna' rock...

SkullNinja
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2003, 08:43:10 PM »

Five, the title is "Freddy Vs. Jason!" Get it right!

aka
Friday the 13th Part 11 (2002) (USA: working title)
Nightmare On Elm Street 8, A (2002) (USA: working title)

I think Jason should've gotten top billing. He's older (1980 vs 1984) and he has more movies.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2003, 08:48:40 PM »

Damien - I see what you were saying now about the actors in the suit.  But Satsuma still rules ;)

Bonehead - I'm with you.  If this is half as cool as Bride of Chucky it's gonna kick some serious ass.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WTF? Kane Hodder does not play Jason in "Jason vs. Freddy"! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.