Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:13:03 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Films of 1982 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Worst Films of 1982  (Read 6172 times)
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« on: April 20, 2003, 05:38:00 PM »

Oooh, boy. I'm going to get some HEAT for 1982.

Well, maybe.

http://www.jonahfalcon.com/1982intro.htm

Feel free to write in your ballot - the also rans are on the bottom, as well - and your remembrances of 1982.

jonahnynla@mindspring.com <- email your own picks for 1982

Join the fun ;)

Sam
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2003, 07:23:11 PM »

Friday the 13th part 3, as one of the worsty horror/slasher films of '82. Are you insane? That movie is one of the best of the series.  That was the one where he got his mask. That movie redifined the entire series if not slasher films in general. I didn't say anything about Zapped, Cannonball Run, My Bloody Valentine, Friday the 13th part 2, Halloween part 2, Heavy Metal, Maniac, Friday the 13th, Cheech and Chongs' Next Movie, I Spit on your Grave, and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes but, I just couldn't keep quiet about this one.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2003, 08:37:56 PM »

I don't know about the worst horror list.  What about Blood Tide (James Earl Jones v. the Sea Monster), Time Walker (Mummy Slasher from Space), or Deadly Eyes (Dachshunds... I Mean Giant Rats v. the City)?  I'm sure one of these is worst than Halloween 3, if not Friday the 13th III.

(Not to say Halloween 3 or Friday the 13th III are that great or anything, you understand.  Just not as bad.)
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2003, 12:01:05 AM »

Actually, it seems like there are a few movies you really didn't like and they seemed to get nominated in every possible category.

William Shatner's self-parody was the funniest part of an admittedly less-then-satifying sequa (Airplane II)

Hard to believe Persis Khambatta is deserving of such a dishonor as she really didn't have enough of a part or screen time (or material to work with) to judge her performance in MegaForce

Also 've heard mixed reviews of Cat People, enough people actually seem to like it enough that, like Heavy Metal, it's hard to really say it can be universally considered a "Bad Movie"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2003, 12:17:56 AM »

If you liked Zapped! and The Cannonball Run, as well as any of Cheech & Chong's movies after Up In Smoke, then I don't feel the need to reply. heh
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2003, 12:22:34 AM »

Did you take a look at the also runs? I did take notice of Blood Tide, Time Walker (known to us MST3K fans as "Being From Another Planet"), and Deadly Eyes.

Check the bottom of the Awards screen (the nominees) and you'll see I did not forget them. But if you think either is worse than Curse of the Screaming Dead...

Melissa Prophet nearly made a Worst Supporting Actress nomination (for two films, one of which was Time Walker.)

For your sake, here are the horror films I considered:

The 5 nominees that made the cut: Amityville II: The Possession, The Curse of the Screaming Dead, Friday the 13th Part 3: 3D, Halloween III: Season of the Witch, and The Slumber Party Massacre

Dishonorable Mentions: Alone in the Dark; Antropophagus 2; Basket Case; Big Meat Eater; Blood Song; Blood Tide; Boardinghouse; BrainWaves; Cat People; Class Reunion; Crazed; Dark Sanity; Deadly Eyes; Death Valley; Dogs of Hell; Don't Go In the Woods; Endangered Species; Frightmare; Honeymoon Horror; Horror Safari; The House Where Evil Dwells; Island of Blood; Manhattan Baby; The New York Ripper; Parasite; Revenge in the House of Usher; Scared to Death; Silent Rage; The Slayer; A Stranger is Watching; Superstition; Trick or Treats; Unhinged; Visiting Hours

Some people took me to task for not getting Don't Go In the Woods - that was #6 that JUST didn't make the cut...
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 12:25:45 AM »

William Shatner's main nomination was for his awful performance in the horror flick Visiting Hours. He was weak in Airplane II, albeit a self-parody. He didn't perfect the self-parody til Free Enterprise.

However, had he only been nominated for Airplane II, he would not have made the cut.

At least 1982 was also the year Star Trek II came out. heh
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2003, 12:42:16 AM »

Gah!  Course I didn't look at the also rans.  I meant to before I posted, but...

Oh well.  A case of Open-Mouth-Insert-Foot on my part.  Not like it hasn't happened to me before (or won't happen again, he thinks sadly).

I still think the ones I listed are worse (plus Frightmare - I mean, urg), but like all things in this sort of thing, that's a matter of taste.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the hassle.
__________________________________________________________________________________

JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2003, 02:12:10 AM »

I had to include the major releases, which stunk in a big way (Amityville II, Halloween III, and Friday the 13th Part 3), and the others, I had to carefully pick.

I chose Curse of the Screaming Dead because it was dreadful in everyway. When TROMA says you're the worst title in its catalog...

The Slumber Party Massacre was not only bad, but it also spawned a few sequels.

The Rats nearly made Worst Non-Human, as did The Sea Monster in Blood Tide.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2003, 07:05:30 AM »

For whatever reason, whenever I seeTroma I read Trama (or, properly spelt, Trauma).  Which tells you what I think of the studio.  Unfortunately, three of my favorite films were made by Troma.  Which says a bit too much about me.

Based on the criteria you mentioned, I don't think you could have made better choices.  I don't think it's right, but, of course, what does that matter?

Good luck on 1983.

Damien01
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2003, 09:39:39 AM »

If you liked Zapped! and The Cannonball Run, as well as any of Cheech & Chong's movies after Up In Smoke, then I don't feel the need to reply. heh

Brainless fun movies doesnt mean Worst Films...
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2003, 10:10:48 AM »

Troma knows the niche they fill - sleazploitation, and they do it with fervor, though they occasionally do buy a good foriegn film - Killer Condom is one, though an oddone.
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2003, 04:36:23 PM »

Brainless doesn't have to mean unfunny and dumb.
JonahFalcon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2003, 03:45:33 PM »

The winners have been posted.

http://www.jonahfalcon.com/1982winners.htm
Damien01
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2003, 03:59:30 PM »

TRAIL OF THE PINK PANTHER... OMG!!! I'm going to agree with you on this one...

Also, I love your MOST ANNOYING NON-HUMAN CHARACTER (E.T., E.T.: THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL)

But Halloween 3 is a very good movie...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Films of 1982 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.