Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:08:03 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Importance of a good movie collection « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Importance of a good movie collection  (Read 1392 times)
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 27, 2003, 03:13:35 PM »

No wonder I try and have an eclectic mix of DVDs, and virtually none are regular Hollywood types.
Courtesy of The Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3915/dvd_collection.html

The harsh light of morning fell on the terrible DVD collection of Marc Koenig Monday, when Traci Pearle discovered it upon waking up from their one-night stand.

"It was a wild night, and from what I can recall, I had a great time with Marc," said Pearle, 25. "But I wonder if I would've felt the same way had I known the guy is the proud owner of Rollerball.

. . .

"As I got dressed, Marc sat up in bed and took my hand, telling me he had the day off from work if I wanted to stay in with him," Pearle said. "I considered it, but then I noticed the Vince Vaughn version of Psycho on the nightstand, so I made up something about having to meet my professor in half an hour."

. . .
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 05:12:03 PM »

Yes, I have seen that article, and some of those DVDs would scare ME if I woke up next to him, of course that would be a shock in itself.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 05:21:51 PM »

Eegah!!!!!! What a boring person to like them! Hehe. I love The Onion so much!!!

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 06:03:39 PM »

There's a girl I'm currenty...what the hell would you call it?...courting, I guess, at the risk of sounding like an 1800s southerner.  Anyway, I think I'll have to ease her into my collection gently.  Most recent additions:
Lady Frankenstein
Fury of the Wolf Man
Brainiac
Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (okay, so this one's kosher because it's a classic)

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Neville

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 12:51:43 PM »

I'm taking the step towards DVDs instead of VHS tapes, so all I've got now are 4 (!) war movies (Apocalypse Now Redux, Black Hawk Down, When trumpets fade & The thin red line), 1 horror film (Dagon) and something quite difficult to put in any cathegory (Spirited Away). I told my sis about that new and she agreed that I should lock those things somewhere safe and get some Julia Roberts stuff "and Ocean's eleven doesn't count".

Funny fact: some women would feel safe with a man who owns a copy of Pretty Woman, a film that tells you that the best way to find the woman of your dreams is hire a prostitute.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 04:53:12 PM »

The last time I counted my DVD collection it was around 825. If you tried to figure out what kind of movies I like, you'd be totally confused. I have everything from GREASE to CASABLANCA to WOODSTOCK to DEEP RED to BETTY PAGE: BONDAGE QUEEN to FIDDLER ON THE ROOF to BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS. Something for every occasion . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Skaboi
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2003, 07:46:10 AM »

My wife was pretty much at a loss as to what to think of my collection of films when we first started dating.  Over the past 5 years I've walked her through my collection, making her watch nearly all of them.  The latest film I've subjected her to was Death Race 2000 (DVD, natch) and she actually enjoyed it.

Out of my collection some of the ones that she actually liked were:

The Stuff (DVD)
Daughters Of Darkness (DVD)
Return Of The Living Dead (DVD)
Creepshow (DVD)

There are quite a few others that I cannot think of at the moment.  One film that she hated was Phantasm.....so sad....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Importance of a good movie collection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.