Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:51:50 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7735 Members
Latest Member: WGUNannett
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the one movie that you waited all your life to see . . . « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What is the one movie that you waited all your life to see . . .  (Read 6518 times)
Dave
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2003, 02:30:35 PM »

When I was twelve I heard about this movie called "Creepazoid" I heard it had killer rats and a monster stalking these soliders in a base during the a nuclear explosion or something. The giant killer rats sounded cool and for a while I forgot about it. But two years later I found it at my movie store and rented it. It was dull and bad but I was not disapointed because I saw "Rat Night of Terror" and discovered that giant rats are not always cool so I was expecting the worst movie ever and that sort of buffered the hit of disapointment.

-"The first rule of the fat club"-

Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2003, 03:51:05 PM »

STAR WARS: THE PHANTOM MENACE - what a disappointment.
Damien01
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2003, 05:42:17 PM »

STAR WARS: THE PHANTOM MENACE... I agree here too... If it wasnt for Jar Jar (the Alien Rapper/gangster character) that movie would of really blow chunks.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2003, 06:16:54 PM »

I can't think of any movies that I really waited all that long to see, at least not ones I really wanted to see. I do recall reading about the original 13 Ghosts a long time ago and then finally seeing it on one of the cable channels a few years. It looked like the Patty Duke show with shadow-puppet ghosts.
Juan Apagado
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2003, 07:06:34 PM »

Starship troopers....... According to my girlfriend I am not allowed to pick out movies anymore. I declared it the "Movie Event of the Summer." It ended up licking  ass. I have never been so embarrassed over a movie pick.
Sam
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2003, 08:35:15 PM »

X-Men. For years and years me and all my friends dreamed of how great this movie would be, until it came out and everything was shattered
Johnny Blister
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2003, 12:27:40 AM »

2001:A Space Odyssey.Everything beyond HALĀ“s parts were just ununderstandable.

Also Leprechaun.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2003, 05:23:14 PM »

AMEN SAM, what a disappointment, the rest of the hero flix are good though

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2003, 05:30:47 PM »

Aye, big letdown there.  I figured out the ending almost as soon as the movie started.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
jmc
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2003, 12:25:37 AM »

DEAD ALIVE.  I didn't wait "all my life" to see it, but I did wait a while before I was able to rent it, and was very disappointed.  I was expecting more of a straight horror film.  I wouldn't call it a piece of crap, but I was very let down by it.   It was no more of a horror film than Monty Python would be.
Steve B
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2003, 02:34:55 AM »

For me, it would have to be Yentl. As long as I remember, I grew up listening to Babs and then finally I got to see her wondrous voice in Yentl....and I was extremely disapointed....she can't act to save her life if it depended on it....after that, I decided to stop dressing up like her for school. My mom was glad because she said it would save me years of thereapy and medication. Still to this day when I see her, I shudder thinking "that could have been me"
ad
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2003, 08:15:55 AM »

I haven't seen it, but apparantly its the Citizen Kane of Kung Fu movies, and perhaps Chan's best...
lester1/2jr
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2003, 04:38:50 PM »

would actually have to be "legendary weapons of China".  It was like the first "modern" kung fu movie, plus it had virtually every future (hong kong) star in it.  The type of movie where the historical significance does actually add to the experience somewhat.

In terms of the build up and let down thing.  I have alt of the shaw brothers (kung fu) stuff.  Sme of the non kung fu stuff is great ( Twinle twinkle little star and buddha's palm need to be n this site) but some of the romantic comedies are really bad, as thse things tend to be.
Hero
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2003, 09:11:20 AM »

"The Haunted Mansion", based on the Disney World ride. Actually, it's coming out in November, so I don't know yet if it's disappointing, but my hopes are high on that end: it stars Eddie Murphy and Jennifer Tilly.
What's next, "It's A Small World", starring Reese Witherspoon, Meg Ryan, and Julia Roberts?

Hero
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the one movie that you waited all your life to see . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.