Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:22:56 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Battlestar Galactica! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica!  (Read 3382 times)
FaerieOfDeath
« on: June 14, 2001, 12:25:32 AM »

Did anyone see the Battlestar Galactica marathon today?  I don't have cable, but was lucky enough to catch it at a friend's house, my god is it cheesy.  And I got incredible amounts of amusement out of seeing Jane "Dr. Quinn" Seymour wearing ridiculous 70's clothing and pretending to fly a spaceship. . .
FaerieOfDeath
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2001, 12:27:28 AM »

Also, does anybody know anything about the Harrison Ford look-alike in a rather minor role?  I don't know the name of the character, but we had quite a debate on exactly who the hell he was.
Andrew K
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2001, 08:37:42 AM »

I can't believe that this lame, boring rip-off is being remade-or that there was such a high demand for its being remade. I am truly appalled by the brainless nostalgia of some members of my generation, which elevates any piece of drek , no matter how bad, into a work of high art on the basis of their childhood memories. Hey-I liked Planet of the Dinosaurs when I was a kid, but that doesn't mean it's any good.
Nathan
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2001, 10:53:44 AM »

Oh,come on -- the worst that can be said for Battlestar Galactica is that it's harmless.  Compare it with something contemporary on TV, like, say, Buck Rogers, and it comes off pretty good. (And can you say Starlost?)

Nathan
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2001, 11:24:50 AM »

Starl(ouch!)...tongue got a hernia,there. The Ham salad, Er, Han Solo guy is called starbuck. Dirk Bennidict was the dude played him. The Viper fighters were cool...thats about it. Oh, and Johhn Colicos. Ah...yep, thats it. Mad Magazine did it as "Cattlecar Galaxitive". Sad, how  apt it was. But, on the up side, a high MST quotiant! The only saveing grace. And Buck Rodgers....I prefer daffys version. The only Mel Blanc voice i ever hated was that Damm Twiki! And  just for that, i have it in for Glenn Larson!
Gerry
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2001, 03:34:43 PM »

Hey, I liked both Battlestar Galactic and Buck Rogers.  Like the Buck Rogers episode where he battles a mutant satyr with a whip that shoots lightning bolts and Buck starts to turn into a Satyr too.  Talk about great television!
FaerieOfDeath
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2001, 08:51:42 PM »

A Harrison Ford look-alike with the same name as an overpriced coffee shop?  Poor bastard.
Kyalla
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2001, 03:45:06 PM »

Actually I think the Harrison Ford look alike is Rick Springfield, who had an extremely minor role as Zac. if my memory serves correctly.   He was killed in the pilot episode after some really bad dialouge.  

His claim to fame.....  Hold onto your seats..  He was a Rock star in the late 70's early 80's and a fixture on General Hospital for years.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2001, 02:26:00 PM »

I did not catch the "Battlestar Galactica" marathon, but I think I have seen every episode produced. Bought every book based on the series. And if Richard Hatch and Glen Larson ever settle their feud as to who is to produce the next "Battlestar Galactica" feature, I'll be there in an instant. You gotta love those cult classics. Enjoy
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Battlestar Galactica! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.