Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:57:26 AM
714359 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  whats a good B movie to see with my girl friend? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: whats a good B movie to see with my girl friend?  (Read 4764 times)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2003, 06:40:52 PM »

How about Rock 'n' Roll High School?

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Skaboi
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2003, 07:54:02 AM »

Go with The Stuff.  It's an all time favorite of mine, funny as hell.  Not very violent at all, with no nudity.  Pretty easy to find as well.
ahab
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2003, 09:48:11 AM »

Night of the Creeps. It's a pretty funny movie with some good performances. If she can stand the big brain eating slugs. i hooked one of my old gf on b-movies with this one. And she hated action and horror movies
jmc
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2003, 12:47:42 PM »

Well, you might want to avoid HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP, but anything else from Corman is boffo....

My girlfriend and I tried to watch NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES last night.  We made it about 40 minutes or so.  I think the endless footage in the village was what did us in.  I'm probably gonna have to use the skip chapter function on the DVD....
Funk, E.
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2003, 03:49:49 PM »

50's and 60's be movies sound like the ticket for you.
I Robot
Ed Wood's horror stuff
Some of the earlier Hammer classics
Most Japanesse Giant monster movies
I think Ice Pirates was relatively clean and Caniball Women in the Avacado Jungle of Death has but on brief nude shot.
Buckeroo Banzii
Robocop
Feathertop
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2003, 04:05:51 PM »

I've spent decades recommending FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE SPACE MONSTER to anyone who gives me an opening by asking for suggestions for B-Movies. It is my all-time FAVORITE bad black and white movie (bar none).
It's the movie where Martians abduct people in Puerto Rico intent on using them as breeding stock, only to find themselves opposed by a NASA robot who IN NO WAY resembles the Frankenstein Monster.  All this plus TWO goofy songs!

ASSIGNMENT TERROR is another film I try to inflict on as many people as I possibly can (I even did a Reader Review of it at the Jabootu Site last year). It's part of Paul Naschy's Waldmar Daninsky series and stars THE Michael Rennie as the leader of a group of aliens who try to conquer the Earth using a vampire, a mummy, a missnamed Frankenstein Monster and Naschy's recurring werewolf character. Not much violence in this for Euro-Horror, so your girlfriend might like this. (A mutual love of this film helped my wife and I realize we were made for each other since we had each seen it on our respective Local Late Night Bad Movie Shows in the 1970's when we were teenagers.)

THE MUMMY AND THE CURSE OF THE JACKALS is classically bad, albeit little known. A fat mummy, a were-jackal, an undead Egyptian Princess and my main B-Movie man, John Carradine all descend upon 1960's Las Vegas. An undeservedly forgotten bomb that's up there with Manos, the Hands of Fate.
trala-log
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2003, 05:06:27 PM »

watch the pit, its the best b movie ever
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2003, 05:43:59 PM »

I should have guessed that trala-log would be a fan of The Pit. Twisted little movie if ever there was one.

I can only speak from my own experience, but my wife seems to get a kick out of blaxploitation flicks. She enjoyed Coffy, and we recently watched Dolemite, which has to be one of the funniest movies of the genre. It's violent, but too badly done for that to be taken seriously. Funniest line: "Come on girls, let's make it!" - after brutally gunning down a would-be hit man. That totally cracked me up. Only drawback is a lot of padding with Rudy Ray Moore reciting his "clever" poetry, in which a lot of words seem to rhyme with "ass." The movie really drags in that whole Shine and the Great Titanic routine.

Once we've watched some more blaxploitation together, I'm going to show her I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.

Other than that, I'd suggest Hercules in New York. It's got Arnie, lots of cartoonish fight scenes, and plenty of mistakes to poke fun at. Can't beat a Mount Olympus with traffic noise, inhabited by a mixture of Greek and Roman deities, and one biblical figure. I have yet to show it to someone who didn't react with amusement and a certain amount of fascination.

Lori loved The Killer Shrews, but she's a dog person, so I expected it.

She's been a little resistant to watching kaiju (so far), but she got a good laugh out of War of the Gargantuas.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Johnny Blister
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2003, 07:22:46 PM »

To qoute the movie"Ed Wood",:

"Take her to see Dracula.She´ll flip over!"
Creepozoid
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2003, 10:48:35 PM »

Just pop in any b-movie and when you see naked women just say "Why can't your rack be that big, honey?
joedotts
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2003, 09:09:04 AM »

hahaha thanks guys!! im going to look into all of the movies recomended. thanks again
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  whats a good B movie to see with my girl friend? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.