Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:32:56 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge.  (Read 2712 times)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 29, 2003, 02:06:58 AM »

Hey guys, saw this movie just a few minutes ago, since I recently picked up the Nightmare on Elm Street boxed set on DVD (A great buy, by the way.  I totally recommend getting it, although I'm sure I'm the last guy that got around to buying it by now.) and we're having a NoES week over here with some buddies.  I haven't seen this movie in years, and, aside from 3, I can't really remember the other NoES movies either.  But this one is definitely unique amongst the others for several reasons.  Personally, I didn't hate this movie like everyone else seems to.  Yeah, it doesn't even come close to the first one (let's face it, Saxon makes that movie!) but it at least tried to do something different.  Watching it again, it's easy to pick up on all of the supposed gay references throughout the film.  Some of the stuff is just blatantly obvious.  Not that there's anything wrong with it, it was just easier to pick up on seeing it now, as opposed to when I was a kid.  

I guess I enjoyed this one on a bad movie level.  It's far from being good, but I thought that it was decent, especially when Freddy wreaks havoc on the pool party.  Freddy has some great one-liners and the movie had us laughing our heads off on several occasions (the part when Jesse, the main character, is singing in his room to some bad 80s song has to be seen to be believed) and, although it was slow in some places, I don't see why this one is so reviled by a lot of Krueger fans.  Overall, fun with a group full of people who don't take these sort of movies too seriously.  I don't know, what did you guys think?

Nick
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 02:29:37 AM »

Three words.
Clu Gulager's Ass.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Steven Millan
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 03:29:21 AM »

Actually,that's Marshall Bell as the coach who bares his ass(just for Freddy to abuse and kill him,which this disturbing but effective scene displays the true aspects of how a child molester/killer clearly functions,since many of their victims are always young males),otherwise Clu Gulager is the dotting Dad who thankfully keeps his clothes on(otherwise everybody in the theater would have went blind!!).
           Otherwise,it's an ambitious sequel that doesn't rank up there with the first film,but is more thought provoking and daring than the other Freddy follow-ups(and that literally killer pool party that becomes a Freddy feast after he crashes and lays waste to it, is a classic moment).
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 03:59:22 AM »

OMFG, now I have an image in my head of Clu Gulager doing a Kirk-Douglas-style nude scene. Thanks a LOT! Now I have to drink a whole can of Drano to make it go away!
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2003, 05:32:56 AM »

I love this movie, it's a lot of fun.  The off-roading deamon school bus is simply hilarious.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Fearless Freep

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2003, 10:41:32 AM »

I went on a renting spree and saw all the Freddy movies in a few weeks.  This was by far worse.  Granted the others got a bit silly with the 'dream master' and 'dream child' arcs, but at least they tried expanding in the same direction of who Freddy was.  "Freddy's Revenge" was was pretty much a horror movie the director wanted to make that had "Freddy Kruger" the name without really the character.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Damien01
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2003, 10:57:09 AM »

I thought this was a better Nightmare Movie, it was dark, and many of the images seems very scary.
Neville

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2003, 12:33:43 PM »

I'm not much into Freddy Krueger, but I suppose what made that angry those fans of the first film was that here Freddy attacks whenever he feels like, not following the "I'll get them in their dreams" idea that made the first film so successful.

It has been a lot of time saince I saw it, but if I remember correctly, that was the main problem with this one. Despite this, I enjoyed it. It was quite disturbing at some stages, and by no means the worst Freddy movie (for me it is #3). After all, it was made by Jack Sholder.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2003, 01:42:00 PM »

D'oh!

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
lonecorndog
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2003, 10:24:22 PM »

Absolutely the problem. Just like James Bond, you can't veer too far from the formula and still have a good formula film (see, or rather, don't see License to Kill). The scariest part of the original Nightmare was going to sleep after seeing it.
JohnL

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2003, 10:34:17 PM »

Freddy spending too much time in the real world was the reason I wasn't crazy about it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.