Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:28:37 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why does premium cable suck now? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why does premium cable suck now?  (Read 4403 times)
Skaboi
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2003, 08:42:29 AM »

My area recently recieved digital cable ( iliveinthemiddleofnowhere).  It shows that you can watch any movie being played that month at ANY TIME.  My wife and I are getting ready to move into a new place, and I'm so going to get it!
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2003, 10:08:51 AM »

I've got digital cable, and it sucks  the same as regular cable.  There are more chices sure, but most hollywood movies I don't want to see, plus I now have about 4 or 5 shopping channels.  I don't need any more useless crap, and if I were going to buy jewelry, I sure as hell wouldn't buy it off a tv screen.  And what's more, now I can't record one show while watching another. (the feed goes from digital converter to vcr, so whatever signal is going from DC gets recorded & shows up on the screen. grrr.)

Still, I'm not dealing with Time-Warner anymore.  Plus I get Discovery Wings & the Science Channel, plus I ordered the full season of baseball.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2003, 09:54:50 PM »

>When did AMC start putting commercials in during movies?

A while back. And of course, all the movies are thoughtfully censored for you.

>I keep wondering why HBO doesn't play older movies

They do occasionally. In fact, when they show older movies, they usually play them more times in a month than they do newer, but obscure movies. For example, it's not unusual to find some thriller you've never heard of before scheduled for maybe 3 days at like 2-4am, but yet Blue Thunder will be on like 15 times over the course of the next three months.

>I loathe commercials, and I expect these movie stations will start putting them in

I don't know about that, but any day now, I keep expecting to see ads for products down in the corner of the screen after commercials, like they do now with ads for other shows on the same network.

>I've got digital cable, and it sucks the same as regular cable

Our cable company just introduced a digital service and I figure it's only a matter of time before they force everyone to switch. They can't even keep the service they have now operating smoothly and they're going to go to a service where a glitch will cause the picture to freeze and break up into little colored blocks. Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to that...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why does premium cable suck now? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.