Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:29:15 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  90's+ of the best and worst horror movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 90's+ of the best and worst horror movies  (Read 5434 times)
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2003, 01:53:30 PM »

Them!  How can someone not like a giant ant movie
DaveBlackeye15
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2003, 01:57:54 PM »

Them awesome raj. I never said Them is a bad movie, it's a good one. And about not liking a giant ant movie, it totaly depends on how well the movies made and also how entertaining. If a movie has giant ant in it then it's not entertaining only because of that that's just what I think.

-the first rule of fat club-
raj

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2003, 02:07:45 PM »

Didn't mean to imply you didn't like Them.

Actually it's the only movie I can think of with giant ants in it.  Sort of like saying Shakes the Clown is the Citizen Kane  of alcoholic clown movies--because it is the only one.
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2003, 02:15:16 PM »

Oh I get you now sorry about that. Actually there is another movie with giant ants if you want to know. It's called "Empire of the Ants" but I heard it sucks though. Havn't seen it myself so I can't say.

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2003, 02:20:44 PM »

And, well, it does....but in an entertaining bad movie kind of way.  Great schlock cast.  No one does big bugs/pests like Mr. B-I-G hisownself, Bert I. Gordon.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Damien01
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2003, 02:46:08 PM »

Empire of the Ants is a great movie if your between the ages of 7 to 12... Also, a great movie to let your kids watch... :D
raj

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2003, 03:15:53 PM »

Cool.  Another movie to put on my list.  Now, what they should do is put both flicks on a dvd.  Actually, how about a drive-in double feature of the ant movies?  Somehow, giant animals on a small screen doesn't do it justice.
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2003, 01:51:41 PM »

If anyone wants a (negative) review of "Empire of the ants" go to "Jabootu's Bad Movies Dimension" they have essay long review there. But there is a diffrence between reading a review about a bad movie and actually watching the bad movie so who know. If I ever see at a video store I'll watch and tell you what I thought.

Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2003, 01:59:24 PM »

Chadzilla wrote:

> Damien01 wrote:
>
> > > George Romero: DAY OF THE DEAD was a very bad movie, and
> that
> > is because he didnt get the budget that was asked for...
>
>
> Really?  It's my favorite movie in the series.

Mine too.
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2003, 02:28:40 PM »

ARGH! How could I forget!? (Slaps forehead) I forgot "Resident Evil"
that was a pretty bad movie and i'm putting it under the "Unenjoyable" list. And ,after thinking about it,  I decided not to add "Yongary/Reptilian", The "Tremors" movies, or "Zarkor" because I think they're more of a the "giant monster movie" genre. I do a topic about "the best and worst giant monster movies 90's +".

Enjoyable: Night of the Liveing Dead (90's of course), Dead Alive, The Blair Witch Project, In the Woods, Dog Soliders, Evil Ed, 8 legged Freaks .

Unenjoyable: Jeepers Creepers, Children of the Living Dead, Crocidile 1 and 2, Spiders 1 and 2, Octopus 1 and 2, Night of the Liveing Dead revised (as in the one with added footage) Blair Witch Project 2, The "Scream" Movies, the "I Know What You did Last Summer" movies, Carrie 2 , Resident Evil.

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2003, 02:59:33 PM »

See Gerry, my review was good!  It made you want to watch the movie!

Dr. Freex of TBMR has stated that he considered Doc Logan to be the cinematic Mad Scientist perfected, or something to that effect.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2003, 03:21:27 PM »

Chadzilla...what are you talking about!? What club? Do mean the message board club or "fat club" or something else?

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2003, 03:26:37 PM »

Something else, the Day of the Dead Appreciation Soceity.  Which consists of me and anyone else who thinks Day of the Dead is the bee's knees of zombie movies.

Here is the review I mentioned to Gerry

http://www.scifilm.org/reviews/daydead.html

"fat club"?  Can't join, too svelte.  But I have an inner fat man, does that count?

Chadzilla
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2003, 03:29:48 PM »

O.K.  
Anyway I use the quote "the first rule of fat club" is based on a line from the book "Fight Club". Then on t.v. I saw a cartoon where they were making a movie (which is normal on this cartton) the characters had gotton fat so they made a movie called "Fat Club" so any way I made that my quote (and i'm also chubby)

wycked nick
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2003, 04:16:22 PM »

The problem with horror movies now days is that the directors are all from hollywood.Come on the coolest and most memoriable horror movies have always been from primarily Indy directors and created on a low budget. Texas Chainsaw Massacre,Halloween(not really an indy movie but its low budget enough),The hills have eyes, Night of the living dead.
These movies kicked ass because they were made on a low budget and by director which have not yet been seduced by hollywood.They were made to actually scare us not to make us spend are money because of BIGGER BETTER MORRE BLOODY EFFECTS. Come on so many of the horror movies now days death scenes are just so comical.Sure they have goten more bloody but also they have gotten less real.
Come on holly wood get with the program and relise your horror movies suck.Stop trying to make a quick buck and produce something scary for a change.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  90's+ of the best and worst horror movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.