Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:47:35 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  X-Men 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: X-Men 2  (Read 5303 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 02, 2003, 03:44:08 AM »

ASHTHECAT and I just got back from a midnight showing of X2.  All I can say is...holy s**t.  It smokes the first one something fierce.  In fact, it smokes most things something fierce.  No stupid cartooney Matrix fight sequences.  The CGI is only used to augment the action, as it should be.  The only reason I can't put it above Spider Man is the love story isn't as strong.  So sue me, I'm a sap.
Best of all....there's a BODY COUNT!!! A BIG ONE!!!  No blood, sadly, but still, there's some wicked ass-kicking.  Set any worries aside, you won't be disappointed.
The Pirates of the Carribean looks like a good time.  Nothing too deep or serious, but some good old-fashioned swashbuckling fun.
Also, the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen trailer was amazing.  The comics rule and I can't wait to see this movie.  If I'd trust the fate of the world into the hands of any one man, it'd be Sean Connery.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 04:19:51 AM »

Best summer popcorn movie in ages!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 12:10:50 PM »

Hmmm . . . the last movie I can remember seeing in a theater at midnight was SCARFACE. And before that, it was probably either THE GROOVE TUBE or THE HILLS HAVE EYES. Am I showing my age here?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Johnny Blister
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 11:15:24 PM »

I pretty much agree with Brother Ragnarok here.The movie kicked ass,thought Rogue was annnoying.
Dunners
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 11:38:51 PM »

I was almost expecting her to fly when she was...well in that particular scene :)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 12:35:58 AM »

!!!SLIGHT SPOILERS!!!

Brother R & I were discussing after the show let out how far Nightcrawler's teleportation range was.

Nightcrawler stated that he has to be able to see the location of where he wants to teleport to.

I've heard that the average human can see up to 2 miles. (but Kurt Wagner is obviously not ordinary!)

The scene with the plane and Rogue being rescued by him had to have stretched his power to the max!

I mean...he had to look out the window, teleport to her, grab her & then look back at the plane to go back to it.

Remember that the Blackbird was probably going mach 3 or so and in the 2 or 3 seconds in which she was ejected from the craft, they could've gone a considerable distance from her.

But for that scene you had to suspend disbelief!

Nightcrawler was a badass new edition to the X-crew and I'd have to admit he was my favorite character in the film.

I also remember from the comics that the sound he makes when he teleports is "Bamf"!!

I felt the film did a great job of translating that word into sound.

I can imagine the filmmakers sitting around in a sound room working out how to make that sound effective in the movie and finally coming up with it.

And the short scene with Collossus was f**king cool as hell!!

I definitely hope Piotr Rasputin A.K.A. Collossus is in the next one.

In my opinion this sequel outclassed it's predecessor in every aspect.

It made the first one seem dull & boring by comparison. (not to say that the 1st one was bad cause it wasn't)

I look foward to seeing Jean Grey as Pheonix in the next one and hopefully they bring in the Sentinals also!

Highly recommended viewing!!  

Definitely worth the price of admission!

Post Edited (05-03-03 17:26)
Todd Phillips
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2003, 12:36:49 AM »

Did anyone get the trailer to "28 Days Later" on the print that they watched?  That looks like its gonna kick ass.  One more movie to look forward to along with LXG and Hulk.

Anyway, to the topic at hand, X2 definitely topped the first one in just about every way.  I was excited as hell when they let Logan do what he does best: kick the living hell out of everything in sight.  Overall, an entertaining summer flick and a good way to start out the season.
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2003, 04:36:34 AM »

Haven't seen it yet, but regarding Nightcrawler:

At least according to Marvel, Kurt doesn't necessarily have to actually SEE his destination when teleporting; however, teleporting blindly makes him uncomfortable, as one can imagine. (I don't know how he gets into the White House, but I'm pretty sure he didn't stroll past security.)

I can't remember if he runs the risk of directly harming himself by teleporting "into" something--such as someone's arm or a lightpole--but Kitty Pryde does: when "phasing" someone else through solids --like Kurt saving Storm in "X2"--if she were to lose concentration or "let go," the other person would wind up physically merged with the solid they were passing through (like "The Philidephia Experiment") in a horribly painful mess. (In fact, she did it to Kurt in one alternate-reality story.)

Even if--and I'm aware I'm putting too much thought into this, yes--Kurt's "bamf" has some sort of auto-correcting ability that keeps him from teleporting into the center of a block of concrete, were he to teleport blind into a crate filled with glass bottles, that could be very, very nasty; Kurt would wind up sliced to ribbons or worse. (There's no suggestion, to my knowledge, that any sort of exchange takes place between starting point and destination, other than Kurt himself and anyone he takes with him.)

I think Ash may have dropped a hint about the "unfortunate mutant" several reviews mention dying in the film's climax--but anyone who's read the comic knew that HAD to be coming.

I am NOT hot to see the Sentinels, unless they undergo major design changes. Way too Johnny Socko for my tastes, and in the comic they always SPOKE to each other, so that their quarry could hear what they were planning--the first thing police/military-function giant robots would have would be "silent" internalized communication abilities.  

Can't wait to see it!

Funny side-note about "The Hulk:" I was a little put-off by the deep, shiny green of his skin--and noticable differences in size--in some of the many trailers online, but director You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Ang Lee said that the Hulk's size and coloring actually FLUCTUATE, according to how p**sed-off he is. I love that. I don't think the comics ever explored that idea. He's a walking mood ring!
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2003, 10:55:48 AM »

Actually, the comics do make the hulk stronger as he gets angrier, to give him an unlimited pool of strength. Also, when Hulk goes beserker, he becomes gray, not green at all in the comics.

As for nightcrawler, whenever he blind teleports, he hasnt expressed fear of teleporting inside a wall, but what his teleportation  does do, is accelerate his speed immensely, so he is afraid of hitting a wall when he comes out of the port at such a quick speed. Also, he does not have unlimited teleports either, because they make him exhausted, and it is a bigger strain with more than just himself...

I havent seen the movie yet, but please tell me that Toad is in it.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2003, 11:13:01 AM »

The Burgomaster wrote-->Hmmm . . . the last movie I can remember seeing in a theater at midnight was SCARFACE. And before that, it was probably either THE GROOVE TUBE or THE HILLS HAVE EYES. Am I showing my age here?

The last midnight flick fer me was Rocky Horror Picture Show in its heyday.  Speakin of the Groove Tube--Brown 25 anyone?  The miracle product of 1972!

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Johnny Blister
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2003, 03:25:46 PM »

He was electrified.

Thus,he´s dead.

There are no zombies in this movie.

And please don´t you EVER mention the Grey Hulk again.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2003, 07:56:58 PM »

Johnny Blister wrote:

> He was electrified.
>
> Thus,he´s dead.
>
> There are no zombies in this movie.
>
> And please don´t you EVER mention the Grey Hulk again.

Hey Mystique was stabbed and she is still around. Plus it is a comic book, they always come back, Jean Grey has come back about 3 times, and Psyloce more times than I can  count.

Plus, GREY HULK GREY HULK GREY HULK

why dont u like it.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Johnny Blister
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2003, 10:05:48 PM »

Well I´ve seen the movie,and Toad remains in his grave.

And for the record,Mystique survived that stab.
JohnL

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2003, 02:44:36 AM »

>And please don´t you EVER mention the Grey Hulk again.

I could swear I once heard that the Hulk was originally grey and then later changed to green. I don't know myself, I never followed the superhero comics.
Squishy
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2003, 04:31:30 AM »

Is true! Dave Chapelle once commented (on "Dr. Katz") that all of Marvel's superheroes used to be grey...it's not completely true, but Iron Man and Hulk started out ugly grey shades.

Aquaman: "Hello, fish!"
Fish: "Hi, Aquaman!!!"
Aquaman: "Have you noticed anything wrong here, under the water?"
Fish: (long pause) "...Hi, Aquaman!!!"
--Dave Chapelle explains why some superheroes don't get NO respect
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  X-Men 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.