Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:07:39 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A weird movie idea « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A weird movie idea  (Read 3648 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 03, 2003, 12:13:01 PM »

I was considering the fact that CGI is finally starting to get better.  At least, when people with some talent and time to work are doing it.  Anyway, what about a movie with battlemechs fighting monsters?  Imagine if towering combat vehicles were pitted against kaiju or dragons or some sort of monsters from outer space?

It could be time for a live action "Robotech" movie.  Especially if you jump to later on and they are fighting the Invid.  Heck, what about "Rifts?"

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 12:26:57 PM »

Already been done. Japanese company Buildup did a 3 issue mini-movie series. Pioneer released it  on DVD in the US. Granted the mech isn't giant-sized but its still the closest we've come to yourr idea. You should check out D. I suspect the giant, featherless, man-eating chicken in the 2nd episode alone should warrant space on the site.
Andrew Crow
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 02:32:58 PM »

I'd love to see an EXO-SQUAD live-action film. Given the right FX crew, it could work PERFECTLY.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 05:25:22 PM »

How about a remake of "Robot Jox" with CGI robots?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 02:03:23 AM »

Three words about this (yeah, I know it doesn't have much to do with dragons, but still):  Live Action Transformers.
Done wrong, it could be really awful, but done RIGHT....uuggghhhh, I'm having a geek orgasm.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 10:10:17 AM »

Robot Jox should stay right where it is!  It's a classic!

What was the other Mech film with the japanese guy in the Scorpion looking mech trying to break into a pyramid?????

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
raj

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 10:40:11 AM »

Gigantor vs. Godzilla!
Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 11:53:50 AM »

What was the other Mech film with the japanese guy in the Scorpion looking mech trying to break into a pyramid?????

Robot Wars possibly

=======================
Foywonder
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2003, 12:07:35 PM »

Yeah, its ROBOT WARS
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2003, 09:26:37 PM »

Actually, I was hoping for a remake of TOM SAWYER, with heavy CG effects.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Johnny Blister
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2003, 09:58:20 PM »

Andrew,I won´t do your idea,and I fail to see ANY director doing it.

Why?Cause it screams"Power Rangers"all over it.Should you do it,Saban would sue.

Plus,you know how bad PR is.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2003, 10:42:10 PM »

How 'bout a live action version of "Bubblegum Crisis" ?

=======================
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2003, 10:57:06 PM »

> How 'bout a live action version of "Bubblegum Crisis" ?

The studios are digging deep into the superhero pool, so why not?  I enjoyed the first series (could not get into the updated version) and the 5th episode was my favorite.  Power suits, killer robots - almost like "I Love Maria," but with a decent story and effects to back it up.

I have to royally disagree with Johnny about the ability for the "Power Rangers" copyright holder to sue over a story with robots fighting monsters.  You cannot own an idea, but you can own a creative work.  "Power Rangers" is just a carry on from "Spectraman," "Ultraman," "Infra-Man," and, of course, "Voltron."

The more I think about it, the more a Invid era "Robotech" movie would rock.  You have the Invid, plus their inorganic monsters.  On the human side you have mecha and power armor, plus space warships.  The stories always had a lot of character interaction too.

On the other hand, in line with "Rifts," a movie based in "Wormwood" would be a great morbid and tragic tale.  Wormwood was a world ruled by undead and demons, with small pockets of human resistance fighting to stave off the evil.  Add in some technology and magic (as the "Rifts" universe did) and you could have a pretty inventive story.  The monsters would be perfect for Rob Bottin's talents.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JohnL

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2003, 02:59:18 AM »

>The more I think about it, the more a Invid era "Robotech" movie would rock.

I agree, as long as they kept the designs the same rather than trying to enhance them.

Since you seem to be a fan, I have to ask; Do you know if there was ever a model of the Invid Shock Troopers? I know there was a large toy, but I talked to someone who swore that he had an Invid model kit put away in his attic somewhere. A catalog from a place that stocks (stocked?) almost every Japanese robot model kit ever made stated that there were no Invid kits. I've never been able to find any mention of one online either.

I'm still diappointed that Playmates never made a smaller shock trooper figure...
Shounen Kakumei Pikachu
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2003, 10:55:19 AM »

nonono.....a weird movie would be some live version of Akira or Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A weird movie idea « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.