Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:36:48 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  28 days « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 28 days  (Read 2950 times)
trala-log
« on: May 03, 2003, 02:09:23 PM »

i saw the trailor to this zombie movie 28 day last night before x-men and i have to say it looks freaking amazing.  it even looks like it was filmed like an old horror movie like back in the 70's instead of having an ultra clear picture and what not.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 02:55:15 PM »

You would be correct.  28 days is starting to look like a great neo zombie flick (THANK GOD).  SOV, it was a huge hit in Europe.  I'm super psyched about this flick but I'll probably either have to drive for three hours to see it or wait till it comes out on video (i live in a s**t area).

"In 28 Days Later a powerful virus is unleashed on the British public following a raid on a primate research facility by animal rights activists. Transmitted in a drop of blood and devastating within seconds, the virus locks those infected into a permanent state of murderous rage. Within 28 days the country is overwhelmed and a handful of survivors begin their attempts to salvage a future, little realizing that the deadly virus is not the only thing that threatens them..."

It's directed by Danny Boyle; yup the same one that directed the amazing Trainspotting.  

If anyone wants to go to the sneak peeks of the flick, here are some info:Sneak screenings will take place in the following 28 cities on Friday the 13th of June: Albuquerque, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madison, Minneapolis, Montreal, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver and Washington, D.C.

I'm going to see XMEN 2 tonight with my wife and some friends from work.  Hopefully this trailer will be shown before the film.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Andrew Crow
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 03:12:03 PM »

*28 Days Later. 28 Days is a stupid Sandra Bullock romantic comedy whose only highlight is the sexual escapades of Mike O'Malley.

I haven't seen anything on 28 Days Later aside from the ZombieKeeper.com review of it...and I am ready to see it. August 1st theater release here in the States, right?
Johnny Blister
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 03:36:24 PM »

Danny Boyle is the best director ever.Period.

28 Days Later is NOT a hooror movie.It´s a philosophical movie.

Please never put Danny Boyle´s name in vain again.
Dunners
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2003, 05:03:39 PM »

Dunno man, never seen the guys stuff....we'll see
Todd Phillips
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 05:05:42 PM »

I'm already sold.  I loved Shallow Grave and A Life Less Ordinary.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 10:08:08 AM »

Saw X2 last night (slight dissappointment), but before it came the trailer for 28 Days Later.  I'm hoping that this means it will be shown in my area, if so, things might be looking up for me.  An indie picture (Fox picked it up) being shown in a rural area?  Is that the sound of civilization!?  The sound of progress, you say!?  I'm overly dramatic........

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 07:50:56 PM »

It seems to me thatg 28 Days later is a lame attempt at remaking Omega Man with the scares of NOTLD.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Johnny Blister
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2003, 10:07:46 PM »

It´s a deep,philosophical movie that has NOTHING to do with"The Omega Man"or"Night Of The Living Dead".

And Ddanny Boyle is a god.
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 08:42:41 AM »

Johnny Blister wrote:

> It´s a deep,philosophical movie that has NOTHING to do with"The
> Omega Man"or"Night Of The Living Dead".

Oh, come now.  The correspondences are very clear.  (As is a similarity to Night of the Comet.)  And Omega Man and NOTLD were at least as deep (the latter very much deeper) than 28 Days Later.

28 Days Later also kicks major quantities of ass.
http://www.coldfusionvideo.com/0-9/28dayslater.html
Fearless Freep

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 11:27:09 AM »

I *thought* I recognized that synopsis from an indy movie review I'd seen at coldfusion

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2003, 11:27:54 AM »

Advance word on this is cool.  The movie is supposed to be dark, brutal and scary as hell.  Whoever it was that said a horror movie could not be philosophical or intelligently made is an utter moron (PLEASE note that this is not a jab at any poster here...the idea that horror is, by nature, a cheap and unintelligent genre has been put forth by many a moronic critic - and it should stop).

When the director himself calls his movie a horror movie, that makes it a horror movie.  :-)

Post Edited (05-05-03 14:55)

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2003, 09:08:25 AM »

I've seen it, twice in fact, already.  SO there!  That's one in the eye for you dam' Yankees, you normally getting to see films first

There are shades of "The Omega Man" in 28 DL, and "NOTLD", but it also owes a big debt to the novels of John Wyndham, I think.

It's shot on video so it's grainy and not crystal clear; it is dark, grim and unremitting - but also pretty darn good.  

Spoiler below:

Watch out for the car alarm - a very "Jaws" moment!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  28 days « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.